“rich vegetarian's paradise”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Morrill Avenue
Transit: On Bus Line
Description: Perk up your dining-out routine with an adventure over to the artsy, funky, laid-back lands of the Explorers Club. Nestled in a century-old building, the Club bubbles with a Latin and Cuban-influenced decor; there is a lot of character there. The setting seems to perfectly accent the eclectic menu, helmed by Chef Dan Varga. Vegans and vegetarians will feel as welcome as the carnivores, with many dishes aimed to please every taste and lifestyle. Explore the menu and try items like the "Sweet Plantains with Salsa Yogurt Dressing", the "House Made Hungarian Sausage and Rib Tip Platter", "Roasted Half Chicken", or "Sweet Chile and Soy Tempeh". The Brunch menu is just as delicious, offering everything from traditional breakfast items to "Huevos Rancheros" and "Cuban French Toast". Over at the bar, there are plenty of wonderfully-crafted mixed drinks, beers, and wines to accompany your favorite dishes. NOTEWORTHY: Lots of parking available.
Columbus, Ohio
“rich vegetarian's paradise”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The title says it all. Great food for vegetarians and vegans. menu well thought out but be prepared to burn your pocket.

Visited December 2013

Columbus, Ohio
“Good Eats!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

A friend had recently checked in here on Facebook. I had never heard of the restaurant so I thought I had to check it out. I made a reservation through Open Table (which I had never done before). We arrived about 12 minutes early and the seated us anyway at an awesome table. Our friends who were joining us soon arrived.

We had a wonderful waiter who was attentive and very funny. Sadly, I was really craving a Bloody Mary but it was Sunday and they could only serve beer and wine. Wah, wahhhhhhhh. Hubby and I were really excited to try the food because the menu featured a lot of Puerto Rican influence and we have both been there. Hubby ordered the omelet special of the day. I ordered the burrito with chorizo and mac and cheese. I was able to substitute black beans for potatoes. My meal was so delicious and so spicy. Our waiter brought out two different hot sauces that were HOT! I had half a plate of left overs and loved every bite. Hubby was a little underwhelmed but we both want to return to try other things.

• Visited December 2013
Charlton, Massachusetts
“Awesome mix of cuisines.”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Visited here with friends not too long ago. It was "Indian" night according to their menu, but in reality there was not a lot of Indian food available. The big hitters, nan and vindaloo?, were both out. Nonetheless we carried on. We had the charcuterie plate and the chile relleno for starters. The chile relleno was excellent but was out-shined by the charcuterie plate. What a find! A must try for the enterprising carnivore. Dinner was also not a disappointment. While my dining companions sampled mortal fare such as chicken or burritos, I took on the macaroni and cheese sandwich. This is hands down one of the best and most original sandwiches I've ever experienced. You must order it with the bacon and tomato jam..and the bacon...and the fried egg. You've never had anything like it.

The only thing keeping this review from a being "excellent" was that the service was a little pokey. Casual atmosphere with funky art.

• Visited September 2013
Pataskala, Ohio
“Unique & Delicious Dining”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Love this place! One of our favorite in Columbus, they choose a different country's cuisine each month to highlight, such as Italy or Argentina, and they do it very well! Amazing that the chef can switch up the menu and create consistently inventive and delicious options each month.

Visited September 2013
Kitchener, Canada
“A great restaurant to explore!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We went for dinner with a groupon. Our server was wonderful, helping us navigate the menu around our food restrictions, and checking with the kitchen as to ingredients in the food. We ordered simply, (sides, appetizers and soup)and found everything to be flavorful and delicious. Best yet, our bellies felt good after the meal! Looking around, everyone seemed to be enjoying their food, and the presentation of their dishes was delightful, with abundant servings. There is so much variety in the menu, plus a rotating international menu, that there is likely to be something for everyone. The decor is warm and inviting.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jo-Anne10204
Tracy S, Owner at The Explorers Club, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
I'm very glad that you enjoyed your time with us and our cozy home. We rotate our menu a lot throughout the month, so hopefully the next time you come out you'll have something new and like it just as much!