See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2018

I stayed here simply to sleep and save a little money and I knew it would not be a great place but.....no shampoo, I cleaned my hair in the shower with a bar of soap.....now the bar of soap almost completely disappeared in just ONE shower!!!!!!!! The floor was a little dirty and there is NO carpet. There is no closet either nor is there a dresser to put you clothes in??? They had several hangers on two hooks near the sink to hang any clothes. There were 3 pillows on a king size bed, not 4. The bed was OK and the shower and toilet were also OK except the toiled did not have a top....just a seat.... and I accidentally knocked a washcloth into the toilet. My AC worked fine and it made plenty of noise to drown out any other noise. The hotel actually is near some nice restaurants. The TV was OK as I watched the Indians lose again. I now do see why the price was so cheap!!!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank gary c
Reviewed May 2, 2018

The company we contract with books our rooms and they always find the crappiest hotels in an area to save money. We've seen our share of nasty. This place takes the cake.

The room smelled HORRID. Like so bad that my co-worker started gagging.

We assumed it was a smoking room because there were two ashtrays in it so we asked to be changed and they informed us that all of their rooms are non-smoking...what are the ashtrays for?

The beds looked and smelled disgusting. The sheets were threadbare. Luckily we both had sleeping bags in the car. We slept on top of the beds with our own clothes for pillows.

The place is literally falling apart, is dirty, and unsafe. Cigarette ashes in the drawer, water damaged ceilings, removed smoke detectors, sticky gross stuff on the floor (see photos).

The desk staff are nice enough...although they warned me not to go in the parking lot alone.

Room tip: Just don't stay here. There are so many other options in this area.
Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable visit and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a decent, pleasant stay and are disappointed your visit was unsatisfactory due to the odor concern you describe. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality, and we regret you felt differently during your stay. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed April 5, 2018

Now a new review. Noisy, I had to complain to have my bed made up .I was told they don't make up your bed on a daily basis. I complained and next day my bed was made up.Bathroom floor was dirty . Internet and TV was better than the last time. This time I had a Micro and Fridge.It's the little things that make this a basic as basic can be place.I really wonder if they change the sheets on the beds in this place.

Room tip: all bathrooms flush very noisy at night.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2018

The heater unit malfunctioned and the room temp reached 90 degrees. I tried lowering the thermostat to no avail. I called the police and reported the place as a dangerous fire hazard. Couple of years later I tried again, the floor was filthy, walking from the bathroom to the bed the bottom of my feet was almost caked with filth. The exterior upkeep is nearly nonexistent, looks like the place hasn't been painted in 20 years.

Avoid this trashcan and certainly don't bring your children to this depressing dump.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2018

Victor, Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to carrying a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment, and as such, we apologize. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed February 13, 2018

For reasons that I do not understand, there are two Motel 6's next to each other at this location. Don't stay at this one. My bed had cigarette burns in the sheets, the heater is an electric radiator on the wall above the tv, the water was either scalding or freezing and the beds are hard. The floor is some slippery faux wood laminate that stays wet in the winter and is super cold. There are 9 other hotels within walking distance, go to one of them.

Room tip: Don't stay here.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
6Team, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2018

AbuKyle, Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to carrying a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment, and as such, we apologize. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.