“Decent, inexpensive pet-friendly motel”

Motel 6 Columbus Worthington
Ranked #121 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I paid around $50 for one night - taxes and everything. No, it's not the Hilton, but the room was clean and decent. TV didn't work, but I was going straight to bed so I didn't bother to complain. Good pet-friendly motel, the floors were wood/tile instead of carpet which made it a bit strange for a motel room but it worked for me.

Room Tip: Even if you specifically request a 1st floor room, don't expect to necessarily get one!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CoolRabbit

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Absolutely disgusting!
First off-
Rude, rude...RUDE staff! Read trip advisor if you do not believe what I am about to say-
Pubic hair all over the sheets and toilet
Bugs/Roaches in room-6 to be accurate
No towels or washcloths in bathroom, only two dirty bath mats
Dim dingy lighting filled with dead flies
Dirty floors-my socks were filthy
Need I continue???
"Totally brand new rooms"=remodeled 5 years ago, and cheaply! No dresser or closets, no night stand---just a shaky table and two chairs.
This place is a disaster and hopefully corporate will step in and take control, fast.
By the way---no iron, hair dryer or shampoos available! Don't ask---front desk will rip you a new one

Room Tip: Do not stay he
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed one night. My 16 yr old daughter loved the retro look of the renovations. Room was fine. Space for our items, and the spare look of the renovations allowed a more spacious feel than traditional furniture. TV worked, we had clean towels, and bathroom was renovated.No crumbs or grit on floor for bare feet, but when we wiped up a liquid spill, towel came up dirty. Looking closer, mopping would have helped. Suspect it is swept often, but not mopped. Wi-fi worked, but seemed slow. Picked up wifi signal from nearby hotel that was slightly faster. There were enough plugs to charge wireless devices, A/C worked fine, and location was good. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank newbiemac
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The pictures online looked wonderful and the price was great. Well all that changed once we checked in - the room was dirty - you could not go barefoot for sure or your feet were black. The back of the main door and bathroom door was also very dirty with some type of black marks. One of the beds the blanket had what looked to be cigarette holes. Outside on the sidewalks they were filthy also. Some of the towels we were given also looked dirty. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. We will never stay at this Motel 6 again. I think what needs to be done is to tear this one down and build a new one.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend any rooms in this motel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Roxy1952
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

This place is awful! I saw the pictures online it was super cute looking, and we needed a quick last minute trip, plus it was on sale at $49 a night. We quickly booked it and drove the 2 hrs here. When we checked in my price was higher than expected after gently fighting with the front I gave up and payed. We also had a problem due to thinking my card was already charged and how most hotels hold it, which is what I was hoping because I didn't want double charged due to the fact I can not check pending charges on my phone internet or phone by callin, but they kept insisting I pay upfront, so I did and then after I signed asked if I would have rather held it. Really!?! So then I spent time with my credit card anf calling a family member near my bank back home to please go deposit $ in the morning to make sure nothing overdrew or was double charged. I also had an issue with then acting like I wasn't who I was even with my licence and also credit cards. I go by a shortened name of my birth name. But, had to even bring a second perdon to examine it. Finally, we got into the room which parking blows on our side thankfully we didn't have a lot to carry for our walk. Find our room next to a no number room, which we figured was the room horror stories are about jokingly until we walk in ours. First quick glance be like cute decor, but then you see footprints and handprints on the door, flies in the light, and I mean flies so many it blacked out a corner of the light, a hole in the wall with wires sticking in it by the bed (really, can't afford a 1 cover for it from Lowes!), there was a huge dent in the wall where people had slammed the door, the little hole on the "tv stand holder thing" was coming apart, there was a huge ant trucking it around the ceiling (happens,but noticed), so we proceed to the bathroom no toliet seat lid (don't they watch how many germs spew up), grey yucky hairs on sink, the tub was literally so high even my tall 5 foot 9 friend had trouble getting in and out,and it wasn't finished below so looked really snazzy!, I also loved my dirt and cigerette hole bedspreds, we also found a dying roach in the corner of the room, spider webs and spiders by bathroom, definately checked for bed bugs and instead found at least 6 various hairs on my sheets and also my blue blanket covered in some type of grey hair either man made or pet either way yuck!, it smelled awful when we walked in, the bathroom door has been what looks like punched with a nice hole, looks like someone put boogers around the wall and no knob on the shower! I could go on and on we took pictures this is crazy! If only there were hotels left this weekend we spend two hrs looking before booking here and can't afford a 100 a night room. Upsetting as I have stayed in some amazing Motel 6's! Never again will I come here! Oh and funny but the floor is so dirty it doesn't look like I washed my feet they are dirty so my friend wears her sandals inside! And our bathroom door doesn't fit so can't close it without a lot of force. Thankfully, we are friends enough to not matter about that! So upset!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank cassidrm
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Good location near 270 and lots of restaurants around. Room was $69.00 a night. The front desk check in werent so swift but OK. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and the TV was very nice. I work for United Airlines and travel a lot and I was a little aprehensive of staying at the MOTEL 6 but it was fine and I will stay at this one again if I go to State Fair next year or just make a visit to Columbus. The outside grounds could have been a little cleaner but really it was fine.

Room Tip: WE got a room facing the other rooms on 2nd floor. It was quiet I think if you get a room facing the...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nevilledog
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I wish it was not so inexpensive, that is the only good thing that I can say about this motel. I've stayed here in the past and I hated it, I started staying in the Days Inn across the road but if you're interested in that story you can read the review that I've written for them. I called ahead and reserved a room, I can say that it is not a very painful process to get a room but that's where the good news ends, or you could say, screeches to a halt. Let me start by saying that you should check the forecast before considering staying at this motel, when you walk in at first glance it's fine and then you walk in to the room and if your shoes are wet the hard carpetless floors will be muddy, no need to bring the dirt it is provided for you, I set my bag down and notice the big gap underneath the tv and between two uncomfortable chairs where it looks like a table is supposed to go, I go through my bag to retrieve my toiletry bag and then walk to the sink my socks soaked thoroughly, there is a vanity next to the mirror with a light that is held together with scotch tape and set my toiletry bag on a little table that I believe is supposed to be mounted to something, I only say that because that's what would make sense,I set my bag on the little table and it starts leaning and almost topples over, I retrieve the only hand towel that is available and use it to dry the floor and set my shoes on it so as not to flood the room and then I go to use the restroom, I squeeze into the bathroom (which should not be an issue because im a 'skinny' guy) and notice that the seat for the toilet is dwarfed by the toilet itself, I guess comparable to setting a breath mint on top of a donut, not being able to close the door and not wanting to spend too much time (sitting on a breathmint), I then retreat to the bed to relax, grabbing the remote on the way, the advertised television system that they have in use in which you can rent movies and whatnot, I press the 'moviebeam' button on the remote and nothing happens, finding out that the problem is fixed by replacing the lack of batteries, which Im happy that I've decided to have brought extra with me, I then press the button again and the tv breathes life once again but for some reason the 'moviebeam' system on which I was relying for entertainment dosent work which is okay I guess, I decide to flip to channel two to watch HBO, the channel works, I say work, the definition of work today means that there is audio but on the screen is some kind of screensaver, bummer. Im bored and the tv sucks so I turn it of and decide to get some rest, I go to pull the comforter down, which happens to have some kind of pattern that looks like cigarette burns, which just so happens to be cigarette burns, burns being plural, in excess of four that I can see, the sheets can't be too bad right? I feel like I need to throw up, the sheets may be 'clean' but the stains are more than a little intense. I would not recommend this motel to anyone that has the means to stay somewhere else. UPDATE I asked for clean sheets and was refused.

• Stayed: February 2011