“Not Middle of the Road Middle Eastern”
Review of Lavash Cafe

Lavash Cafe
Ranked #60 of 2,291 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Work trip and was so hungry late in the evening. Saw this little place on the side of High St. and decided to give it a try. So glad I did! I opted for the vegetarian platter which had wonderfully thick, rich hummus and warm pita, non-greasy and very flavorful falafel, stuffed grape leaves and tabouleh. All was fresh and very tasty. I was tempted to get the baklava or one of the many sweet options they had as well, but I'll save that for another trip!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I work in Columbus and have been visiting Lavash for years and have never been disappointed. The kabobs are cooked to order and always fresh. I have had both Schwarma and kabob sandwiches and they are also good. The owner, Nasir can often be seen standing right in front of the cooks in the dining room making sure everyone is eating and enjoying their food. One time while waiting for my to go order he handed me a pack of their homemade bread to take home and said simply "here this is for you". That is the kind of nice jesture I have come to expect here. All of the staff are equally nice and helpful. This is a great little restaurant with good food and a true sense of community and they are eager to share it with you. Go and enjoy!

Reviewed September 22, 2012

While driving on High Street we saw this small and simple restaurant with an impressive looking desert case (that was the only part of the display that you could see from the street), so we had to stop and check it out. Well ...the other side of the glass case had the most appealing array of freshly made kabobs, ready to go on the grill upon placing your order. We came back the next week to give the place a try... and we have been regulars for the last 3-4 years.

Lavash's owner works at the restaurant daily, ensuring quality of food and customer satisfaction; a friendly face that establishes conversation with everyone, gives you undivided attention, brings you menu samples to make you hungry for more, and makes you feel like your are his personal guest. The food is second to none, very fresh, flavorful, not intimidating to try, presented beautifully, with many options to select from. Employees are very respectful and knowledgeable of everything in the menu. Ambiance is simple, dainty, cute, warm to the soul, a place where locals and foreigns that love good food at reasonable prices love to go.

Give Lavash a try, I assure you'll keep going back!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is an unimposing restaurant in a strip mall north of The Ohio State University. You order at the counter and they will call you when your order is ready. THIS IS NOT FAST FOOD. They have daily specials that are always tempting and a vast selection of baklavas and other tasty middle-eastern deserts. Vegetarian options are available

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I'm so excited to have stumbled upon this place during a recent business trip to Columbus. When I'm on the road by myself I love to find places that are casual, fast and have options that are healthy and light. That is not easy to find, especially in many midwestern cities, which seem to have little territory between chain fast food and fancy restaurants. Lavash is perfect. The atmosphere is a little loud and student or family-oriented, so I just order to go. Lavash has a variety of middle eastern-influenced salads, pita bread, delicious sandwiches, and to balance out the healthy entrees, the largest variety of balaclava and other greek pastries I've ever seen. On top of that, they have an incredible lemon-mint smoothie that I've never had anywhere else! I will be back next time I'm in Columbus.

Been to Lavash Cafe? Share your experiences!