“Great Entertainment”
Review of Shadowbox Live

Shadowbox Live
Ranked #21 of 163 things to do in Columbus
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Awesome entertainment. The shows are good, but I go for the food, drinks, and music mostly. Their band is awesome. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank ThreeWiseMen1998
"christmas show"
"lunch box"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My major in college was technical theatre - I have produced several successful productions - so I know what I am talking about when it comes to live entertainment, and Shadowbox delivers a great show for the money.

What I like about the Shadowbox recipe is the mix of sketch comedy and music. Too much of either can be tough to sit through - but Shadowbox makes the evening fly by - and I enjoyed every minute. Getting food and drinks delivered to your table by the actors and musicians seems very humbling to me, and I appreciate that there are no divas "too refined" to thank me for attending. If you don't like a particular song or skit - wait a minute and another will come along.
There are 3 to 4 shows playing at any given time - which change every 6 to 8 weeks. You can go to Shadowbox every week and never see the same show twice - so you don't have to wait to return.

For $30 - there shows delivers a lot of bang for the buck - and my best review is that I try to make every show...

1  Thank phizbin
Reviewed August 29, 2012

It's been awhile since we have gone to dinner, taken in a show and asked for donations at a commercial venue but that's the order of the evening at the Shadowbox. Our foursome started the evening in the Backstage Bistro and enjoyed a dinner of salads and sandwiches. We soon realized the Shadowbox is a live show that just "happens" to serve food.
Maybe it was a generation gap thing but the show was decidedly average. The actors exhibited a tremendous amount of enthusiasm but many lacked any real talent. Add to it, the fact dialogues were rushed and the sound in general mediocre, and it made for a not so grand evening. The cherry on the sundae was the solicitation by our server in the theatre for us to donate to the "Actors Scholarship Fund...We think. He was unclear as to why he was collecting the money when we posed questions to him but both couples donated to help whatever cause he was promoting. The bottom-line is if you are young, looking for "some" laughs and don't care about the culinary aspect of the evening, the Shadowbox is for you.

3  Thank Michael H
Reviewed August 23, 2012

For the price, the show was fun and entertaining; not a huge, high budget production but definitely a good time and worth the price of admission.