“Degraded over period of time”

AAB India Restaurant
Ranked #171 of 2,322 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have been visiting this restaurant regularly over past couple of years and I use to rate them good as compared to other Indian restaurants in Columbus area, but last 4-5 visits have been horrible forcing me to write this bad review. Where to start now.. Well as you enter the restaurant you often won’t find a person to attend you and have seated. After seated the order won’t be taken until long time. The cleanliness is poor as compared to price we pay this restaurant. The price they charge is that of an upscale restaurant. The quality of food is very poor. I was surprised to see how they mess up with a basic Indian appetizer the samosa. All it has is bread full f potato without any typical samosa spices. Most of their curries test almost the same as they have the same base. Also i can feel that it’s not fresh. Please do not try any papadam and raita as prices are ridiculous and which other Indian restaurants you can get it for free. At times the special instructions to order are ignored. The quality of silverware is very poor and often time you will see its not properly cleaned.

Overall it looks like the owners have lost the interest in running the show and have left it to helm of the employees. I would not recommend taking any big group with you. Please avoid this restaurant if you are looking for value of your money and quality Indian food.

2  Thank Coolin

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I went here with my cousin after the first place we wanted to go was closed (it was a holiday). We both enjoyed the buffet that they offered and thought that it was slightly better in price than what was offered on the menu (even though the prices were only slightly off for a full entree). I have lived in the area for about 3 years and wanted to try this place before but never could find the time. Now I think I will be going back soon to enjoy some really good food.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I went to Aab for lunch today for the first time, and had a really bad experience. I was there alone at 12:15, and requested to sit at a table. There were 3 open tables that I could see, and no one waiting behind me, although they did have a substantial lunch crowd. They told me I had to sit at the bar as I was alone. When I again stated that I would prefer a table, they refused. Due to an injury, I am not able to climb onto a bar stool, so I refused, and insisted on a table. They did finally give me one for 2-people.

The situation at the front door left a bad taste in my mouth. I've never been refused a table because I was at a restaurant alone before. Quite honestly, I was shocked. The food was fine, but I will not return. They are clearly not interested in my business, and I will happily take it to Bayleaf or Taj Palace instead, where any customer is welcome.

1  Thank RedK
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We have eaten here on two separate occasions, and both times, the food and service were fantastic. It is one of the better Indian restaurants I've eaten at, and this is the perfect place to go if you want a delicious meal. Also, make sure you try out their cocktail menu which uses some interesting ingredients that you won't find at your average bar either.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

A bit disappointed when we learned they would not accept a reservation for two. However, we arrived at approx. 6:30 and seated ourselves at the bar. Waited forever on the bartender to even notice us. We found this seating to be extremely drafty every time the door was opened. Mango margarita, nothing special, not fruity or fresh in taste. We had initial hope as the decor was not the typical decor of a mom and pop Indian restaurant. Seated in 20 minutes, no candle on table, tacky white paper over cloth tablecloths. Very Very loud, not romantic for a couple. We ordered the appetizer sampler #9, thinking this would be a yummy taste of many items, but instead it was nothing but deep fried pre frozen bland, poor textured mush. The breading separated completely away from the food when you cut into it. Tasteless and dry on the inside. Shrimp vindaloo had 6 small, tough,dehydrated, freezer burnt, rubbery shrimp. Sauce was ok, but wondered where the potatoes were? The chicken tikka masala was way over rich, with too much butter/cream. Reminded me of an Alfredo versus an Indian sauce. Chicken was tender and good. Overall, trendy and hip, but would choose Mom and Pop Indian over this any day!

1  Thank Mszippy