“First time and loved it”

AAB India Restaurant
Ranked #184 of 2,228 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Houston, Texas
“First time and loved it”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I went here with my cousin after the first place we wanted to go was closed (it was a holiday). We both enjoyed the buffet that they offered and thought that it was slightly better in price than what was offered on the menu (even though the prices were only slightly off for a full entree). I have lived in the area for about 3 years and wanted to try this place before but never could find the time. Now I think I will be going back soon to enjoy some really good food.

Visited April 2013

Columbus
“Not for solos”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I went to Aab for lunch today for the first time, and had a really bad experience. I was there alone at 12:15, and requested to sit at a table. There were 3 open tables that I could see, and no one waiting behind me, although they did have a substantial lunch crowd. They told me I had to sit at the bar as I was alone. When I again stated that I would prefer a table, they refused. Due to an injury, I am not able to climb onto a bar stool, so I refused, and insisted on a table. They did finally give me one for 2-people.

The situation at the front door left a bad taste in my mouth. I've never been refused a table because I was at a restaurant alone before. Quite honestly, I was shocked. The food was fine, but I will not return. They are clearly not interested in my business, and I will happily take it to Bayleaf or Taj Palace instead, where any customer is welcome.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank RedK
New York City, New York
“Absolutely Delicious”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We have eaten here on two separate occasions, and both times, the food and service were fantastic. It is one of the better Indian restaurants I've eaten at, and this is the perfect place to go if you want a delicious meal. Also, make sure you try out their cocktail menu which uses some interesting ingredients that you won't find at your average bar either.

Visited August 2012
Columbus, Ohio
“Bunch of Hype.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

A bit disappointed when we learned they would not accept a reservation for two. However, we arrived at approx. 6:30 and seated ourselves at the bar. Waited forever on the bartender to even notice us. We found this seating to be extremely drafty every time the door was opened. Mango margarita, nothing special, not fruity or fresh in taste. We had initial hope as the decor was not the typical decor of a mom and pop Indian restaurant. Seated in 20 minutes, no candle on table, tacky white paper over cloth tablecloths. Very Very loud, not romantic for a couple. We ordered the appetizer sampler #9, thinking this would be a yummy taste of many items, but instead it was nothing but deep fried pre frozen bland, poor textured mush. The breading separated completely away from the food when you cut into it. Tasteless and dry on the inside. Shrimp vindaloo had 6 small, tough,dehydrated, freezer burnt, rubbery shrimp. Sauce was ok, but wondered where the potatoes were? The chicken tikka masala was way over rich, with too much butter/cream. Reminded me of an Alfredo versus an Indian sauce. Chicken was tender and good. Overall, trendy and hip, but would choose Mom and Pop Indian over this any day!

1 Thank Mszippy
Powell, Ohio
“Run, don't walk to Aab India!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I dined at Aab India for the first time Saturday night.

We arrived at about 6:00PM and sat at the bar as the wait time for a table was about 20 minutes.

We had a few appetizers, Tikka Samosa and Chicken Pakora...both were excellent.

For our entrees we ordered Chicken Vindaloo (5/6 on the spice meter) and Chicken Mater. The Vindaloo was a litter on the vinegary side for me, but delicious nonetheless. My wife loved the Chicken Mater, epecially with their homemade naan (we had 2 orders).

Overall, it was quite possibly the best Indian meal we've ever enjoyed.

We will definitely return!

• Visited January 2013