“Upscale American with some personality”
Review of Milestone 229

Milestone 229
Ranked #36 of 2,314 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Yum, yum, yum. I have not had anything but great experiences here with different groups of all ages, and on date nights. This restaurant has glass walls that overlook the Scioto River and a public fountain where when the weather is nice, tons of people are having a free 'swim.' I don't really consider this a distraction, it just makes for some funny people-watching. If you sit outside it might get loud. When I say every meal on the menu is delicious, I truly mean it. From seafood to poultry, to salads, nothing has ever disappointed me. Love the Appetizer Sampler that comes with 4 different items (bacon wrapped, gorgonzola stuffed dates, gaawwwsshh!) is always a crowd pleaser. For dessert, I would highly recommend their chocolate cake-moist, and can definitely be shared 3-way if need be. At night, the modern aesthetic makes it perfect for a romantic night out with your honey. Give it a whirl.

Negative: I swear every time I call for a reservation they say the same thing, 'we only have seats slots left from 4-5 and then after 9.' Very odd. Especially when every time I get there, I am seated in less than 10 minutes... I hope you have better luck than I do getting a reservation, but as I said, I've never had a problem getting a seat.

1  Thank Lana M

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife took me to this place here where we live for the first time for a special occasion. Our server was great and everything we ordered came out great. We split the huge wedge salad. She had the Lake Erie perch and I had the Margarita Pizza. Excellent!

The restaurant was busy and a wait to be seated outside would have been 30-40 minutes and I have a problem waiting that long. There is a pretty large outdoor seating area, so it was really full-up. A table inside was provided immediately.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Milestone 229 is everything in a restaurant you could ask for - location, good food, atmosphere, reasonable prices and good service. Located on the banks of the Scioto river and next to Bicentennial Park it has great views and a nice summer breeze. If you want outside seating, make a reservation - otherwise, seating is pretty fast. The building is amazing with amost of a 360-degree view of the area. You can't appreciate this restaurant in one sitting. Do a lunch and then come back later for dinner at sunset. Just amazing! Did I mention that the food is great? I think the Brisket was about $16 for a dinner portion - it was huge! Don't like meat? They got great fish and salad offerings too. Business lunch, date, casual dinner - it works here. The staff is attentive and fast. Can't go wrong with Milestone 229.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This restaurant is in a wonderful location downtown on the river and has amazing food! I give it only 4 stars simply because if there is live entertainment going on and children playing in the fountains it could potentially be an unwanted distraction....especially if you don't have children of your own.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

If you want a good burger and fun patio seating, try this place. The pretzel bread is also good, as is the house salad. Patrick was a great waiter too.