“Love it!”
Review of LC Pavilion

LC Pavilion
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've been here for several concerts recently, both indoors and out. It's quickly become one of my favorite concert venues! Small enough to really enjoy the concert, the venue doesn't feel like it holds as many people as it really does.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The LC is where PromoWest books bands expected to draw a bigger or classier crowd than the bands booked at the Newport - it is new and clean and you won't die of dysentery from going into the bathrooms, so most people consider it a much more pleasant atmosphere for a show. Parking is also much easier than the Newport, since there are many lots and garages nearby with very reasonable rates. Another cool thing is that there is a mini-Polaris-like lawn area for summer shows - the atmosphere will vary drastically depending on what kind of band is playing - but if it rains the day of the show, the show can be moved inside (not if it starts raining during the show, but that's still a huge improvement) so it doesn't have to be cancelled or have everyone stand in the rain. The true proof of how much nicer the LC is than the Newport? There are schools that have Proms and Homecoming dances here, and companies have parties and presentations - not something you could really picture happening at the Newport!

1  Thank Megan R
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Loved the overall "look" of the inside of the facility. Welcoming bar and plenty of room to mingle with others. LIked the mezzanine-like area. Great stage area.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

great acoustics in this downtown venue. You can get right up to the band or hang out further back in this general admission venue.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

I've been here twice. Nice location, much smaller venue than Polaris Amphitheater was. Could be a nice, cozy, relaxing atmosphere. Could be.

The first time was for a Sublime/311 concert. My husband and I stood on the hill. If you are picturing an evening relaxing on a blanket with your sweetie, that's not possible. Don't bring a blanket. You will be standing. And no matter how close you already are to the people near you, more people will try to push in next to you. Drunk, high, and rowdy. Waving their lit cigarettes dangerously close to you and spilling beer on you. We saw numerous fights break out. The place smelled of pot and cigarettes all night, to the point that I couldn't stand the air anymore and we left early.

The second time was to see Cake. We stood in the upper part behind the hill. It wasn't crowded at all. None of our group was smoking, so the air was fine up there. We could still smell smoke, but it wasn't intolerable. We had several beers--decent price $8 for 32 oz. and there were bathrooms up there (a port-a-potty trailer with multiple stalls) and we had a really nice time. I don't know if the difference was the band we saw or the spot we were watching from.

One thing that worried me, though, is that neither time did they check my purse when I went in. Anyone could bring a knife or gun or bomb in there... And it is especially troubling considering how drunk and high people got and how many fights we saw at that first concert.

2  Thank Sarah G