“Free for all”
Review of LC Pavilion

LC Pavilion
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I've been here twice. Nice location, much smaller venue than Polaris Amphitheater was. Could be a nice, cozy, relaxing atmosphere. Could be.

The first time was for a Sublime/311 concert. My husband and I stood on the hill. If you are picturing an evening relaxing on a blanket with your sweetie, that's not possible. Don't bring a blanket. You will be standing. And no matter how close you already are to the people near you, more people will try to push in next to you. Drunk, high, and rowdy. Waving their lit cigarettes dangerously close to you and spilling beer on you. We saw numerous fights break out. The place smelled of pot and cigarettes all night, to the point that I couldn't stand the air anymore and we left early.

The second time was to see Cake. We stood in the upper part behind the hill. It wasn't crowded at all. None of our group was smoking, so the air was fine up there. We could still smell smoke, but it wasn't intolerable. We had several beers--decent price $8 for 32 oz. and there were bathrooms up there (a port-a-potty trailer with multiple stalls) and we had a really nice time. I don't know if the difference was the band we saw or the spot we were watching from.

One thing that worried me, though, is that neither time did they check my purse when I went in. Anyone could bring a knife or gun or bomb in there... And it is especially troubling considering how drunk and high people got and how many fights we saw at that first concert.

2  Thank Sarah G