“Thanks for ADA Rooms”

Ranked #36 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
A TripAdvisor Member
“Thanks for ADA Rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Thanks for a non-smoking, handicap-accessible, roll-in shower room, and thank you for respecting us as guests! We have stayed with you on 2 different occasions and were comfortable in winter and in summer.
Shalom!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kensington, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I'm sure most dog owners know they can generally count on La Quinta to be dog friendly. So, we (dog owners) tend to congregate at La Quintas. On this stay, it seemed like everyone at the hotel had a dog. Made me feel bad for the non-dog owners. Some of the owners were letting their dogs run amok outside without leashes. Not cool. Aside from that, I did not hear much barking overnight and the hotel was overall pretty quiet after the pool closed at 10. My room was a little less than what I normally expect out of La Quinta. It seemed that the bathroom had a fairly significant mold problem, but there was no working exhaust fan in the bathroom. The room was across from the pool and very humid. Also, while the pool was open, I felt like I could hear the conversations of the people in the pool. Not a terrible hotel--relatively clean with a comfortable bed, but just not the best La Quinta I've stayed in either. I was a little surprised, since the reviews here were so good. The neighborhood was nice and the front desk staff were very courteous.

Room Tip: Pick 2nd Floor. Most of the rooms on the first floor would be within shouting distance of the very...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

La Quinta has really stepped up their game. The room was very comfortable, in a great location (restaurants, shopping, movies, next to the interstate), and had decent amenities. The hotel staff was nice, they had breakfast every morning (although the times were incorrectly published in the room packet) which was pretty decent for a self service. The internet was pretty fast, everything in the room worked, everything was clean. I felt completely comfortable during my stay. The only complaints I have is that I could hear every step the person above me took and I could hear everything in the hallway so the insulation is lacking and a dog (or something) took a #2 in the stairwell and the smell was crazy disgusting. But with that aside, it was a good value, because it was cheaper than other hotels and had everything I needed.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators and stairwells to cut down on the noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

The hotel appeared to be recently renovated, and the result was a satisfactory appearance. The room was clean and neat, but there were areas, especially in the bathroom, that showed that the renovation makeover was not done slowly or overly carefully. However, this is par for the course with most hotel makeovers. The bed was comfortable, and the linens clean. The floor was also very clean--such that we had no problem with our toddler running around on it. There were two significant problems, though, that I assume everyone staying here will have to deal with. First, the hotel seriously lacks hot water. When we bathed our son at 7:30 PM, the water only got lukewarm after about 20 minutes, and it was the same at 7 AM when my wife and I took showers. It never was hot, and I did see other reviewers note this. Second, if you are not on the top floor, you will hear anyone walking above you. Otherwise, the hotel was adequate for our overnight stay on a longer journey.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Streator, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations. We stayed July 11-13, 2013. I just want to say that the employee, Jason, was just wonderful. I had talked to him when making the reservations and he was at the desk when we checked in and actually remembered me. I was very impressed. We needed a rollaway and said that it would be in our room when we returned from dinner. It was! He gave us a card for one of the area restaurants for a discount. Explained how to get to the Expo Center for the Good Guys Car show. They kids loved the pool. We will definitely stay here again.
Thank you, for making our stay very enjoyable!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family