“First La Quinta Stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus West - Hilliard
Ranked #36 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Excellent room. Very comfortable bed. Very easy to get to. Lots of choices of restaurants and shopping in the area. Close to Interstate. Friendly staff.
Would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to any one travelling to the Columbus, Ohio area!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus West - Hilliard

A La Quinta traveler
Marietta, Georgia, USA
Reviewed July 30, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed two nights in the La Quinta hotel, it is a lovely clean hotel, very comfortable, and the staff were extremely plesant, We had no complaints what so ever about the hotel itself, my only reservation is that both nights when we returned to the hotel there were two male adults around the frond door, one on a laptop (talking on skype) the other on his hunkers as we entered the hotel, it is quite frightening as I was a female alone with my two sons, they never did anything wrong, they may even have been secutity, but if so they need to be in some form of uniform to make that distinctive, otherwise there is NO NEED for them to be hanging around the front door of the hotel. I would highly reccommend this hotel. Please give some thought to the two guys at the front door.

Room Tip: Just ask at reception,I found the staff very caring.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EileenIrelandomagh
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I was traveling again for business. I got to my location at 10:30 PM and was beat tired from driving 879 miles straight. I had a reservation and cash but forgot to transfer money to my debit card and I don't use credit cards. Granted, I've stayed at this location at least three times prior to this stay and each time had an almost acceptable experience. So the desk clerk says I have to have at least $100 on my debit to stay there and he wouldn't except cash for what he called 'any
incidentals'. The last three times I stayed there they just turned off the phone in the room and no big deal. So I got to my online banking after an hour and transfered enough to cover the $100 even tho I was getting almost a free night stay with my members card and had to pay just $15 plus tax. I'd asked three times to talk to the manager and he said I'd have to wait till morning and couldn't 'bother them tonight' and there was no way I was sleeping in my vehicle. This was starting to sound like the East Indian people that ran the LaQuinta in Queens NY I'd had so much trouble with over my daughters spring break in April. So I get to the room and turned on the a/c and after an hour and a half it wasn't cooling. I'm not an idiot, I could hear the compressor on the unit running for 2 minutes and then shutting off for 5. It was 92 degrees outside and I was miserable. I called this joker (idiot) at the front desk that made me pay the $100 and told him it wasn't working right and he says in these EXACT words 'well, the humidity is high and there's a storm moving in so they don't work well' but I can't give you another room, sorry'. That was garbage! I couldn't take it anymore and went to the office. There was a new older guy that had just came on and he gladly gave me a new room with WORKING AIR CONDITIONING no questions asked. I was able to sleep a few hours and the next morning the new young guy at the desk apologized for the first night clerk's actions and said he shouldn't have done that (asking me for the $100). I checked the breakfast for fruit and passed on some bananas that were ready to be made into banana bread about a week earlier. I will never stay in a LaQuinta Hotel ever again!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank wcedgar
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed there for A three day weekend Of hot in the sun all day playing at the Ohio stingray softball college showcase tourney,,,, the staff was awesome very nice , room was clean and had an awesome set up,,, oh and the bed was so comfy, & wide, if I could have packed it up I would have!! The free washer was so nice :)) for our uniforms'!!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Race76
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I was traveling to Columbus for a wedding and happen to find this hotel online. We had booked two rooms for our party and needed to get rooms near each other. We checked in at around 7pm. The front desk clerk was very respectful and fast. She had our reservation and paperwork ready for a fast check in. It probably took less than three minutes!!! Imagine that! She also told us about the local restaurants and directions to where the wedding activities were. She obviously knew about the area. She set wake up calls and told us about all the facilities (which were great!) that the hotel had. After check in, we decided that we needed some extra pillows and blankets. After calling in, there was a knock at our door and everything we asked for was there. Needless to say, I think their staff was excellent!! I even met the manager to tell him how pleased we were with our stay, he was so nice and kept telling us that if our party needed anything at all, don't be afraid to ask. I wish more people cared like this staff did.
As for the property itself, I was told that the hotel was renovated recently and you could definitely tell. The lobby area looked so new, and it was extremely clean. All the rooms had large flat screens, very comfortable beds, and very nice furniture. The staff was just amazing, and the property was equally amazing. I highly recommend this hotel for anybody. It is right off the interstate, close to all the restaurants, and just a relaxing place to take a load off. Stay there, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family