“Good price, comfy, nice breafkast, and professional hotel staff”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus West - Hilliard
Ranked #36 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I stayed here for a few days to get away from it all. I stayed in a nice suite. The room has all up to date renovations and exceeded my standards for a La Quinta Inn. La Quinta Inn hotels are really moving up to modern. The price was very reasonable for June and for it being a suite. The front desk clerk was very nice to me. She informed me of all the in and outs of the hotel, restaurants, and things to do downtown. The area of the hotel felt very safe. It has a lot of shopping, and eating places near by. The breakfast at the hotel was nice. They had waffles, sausage sandwiches, and eggs, yogert, hot and cold cereal, pastries, and your juice, coffee and milk. I will most likely stay here again. You don't get service like this just anywhere, trust me.

Room Tip: Front Desk staff is very friendly and professional
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AZamera
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus West - Hilliard

Reviewed June 6, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here overnight on a weekend getaway for the two of us. It was very nice for the price. The king size bed was comfortable and the room offered a full size pull out sofa. The shower worked wonderful and had plenty of hot water. The TV was a flat screen and very nice as well. Room was clean. The only complaint would be the walls were a bit thin as I could hear others going in and out of rooms in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Beds were great, service was terrific, Manager (Haven) was soooo nice to us. They welcomed our little dog too. this place is wonderful for a goods nights sleep in safety and comfort. Breakfast was good and check in and out was a breeze.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank genni706
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Overall this is a good property but I experienced the same problem with this stay I did the last. First off, I reall dislike having to wipe the mirror off after a shower. Housekeeping didn't wash the mirror before leaving the room because when I exited the shower there was something written in the steam on the mirror and mine was the first shower of the evening. Kind of seemed like a start to a bad horror movie. Ha! The bathroom fan didn't work at all just like the last time I stayed at this property and when I notified the desk, she replied 'yes we know they don't work'. It was clean tho and the beds were fine so I guess it served it's purpose. I think I'll try another next time by.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2011

This is a newer property in good conditions. Both the PM and AM staff were very friendly. The only issue we encountered was a pet fee at the front desk. But we pointed out that it wasn't listed on LQ's website and were not charged.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank augerAustinTX
Reviewed November 28, 2010

The owner-family works here. Very attentive and helpful.
Room had a coupe of maintenance issues but not major. Walls are a bit thin but, again, not a major problem.
Good value, clean and convenient.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2010

My husband and I traveled from Northern Virginia to Illinois last week with our dog in tow and needed a place to stay. After reading reviews of pet friendly hotels that either sounded like dumps or cost $50-$100 dollars more to stay at a nice hotel that had a size limit I was getting a bit discouraged the more time I spent on the internet. I came across this LaQuinta that had no size limit on the dog and no extra charge. I read the review of this hotel on tripdadvisor and it sounded like a dump but after going on the website I learned that this hotel had been recently renovated and I took a chance. It turned out to be so perfect that we stayed at it on our way home also.
The hotel is clean and nicely furnished. Both times I called to make reservations at the hotel directly they were very friendly. I even asked for the same hotel room on the way back home and had no problem getting it. It is just a few blocks off the main highway away from the traffic and is very quiet. The exit off I-70 has so many places to eat we actually had carry-out from the Outback which was great. My dog, an elderly golden loves to do his business in the weeds and we found the perfect spot just past the parking lot. They have breakfast from 6-9am. I saw a few dogs staying there but heard nothing during the night. By the way the bed was great and there was a flat screen tv in the room. This hotel fit the bill for us and I have to admit that I can be very critical. We hadn't driven so far with our dog before and didn't realize that finding a nice hotel could be a challenge but don't be afraid of this affordable hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple