“Visit for orientation for incoming freshman at OSU”
Review of Varsity Inn

Varsity Inn
Ranked #104 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Cleveland, Ohio
“Visit for orientation for incoming freshman at OSU”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

First time staying at this motel. Very affordable. Location was close to OSU. Check- in was easy. No breakfast but coffee available 24/7. Room had two queen sized beds which were very comfortable for motel beds. It looked like the motel had been refurbished recently with new bedding and a marble top near the sink. The rugs however were dirty and needed cleaning or replacing. I was uncomfortable walking on them with bare feet .The bathroom lighting was dim and the bathtub needed repair, but the actual shower was very good. There were enough towels and the usual amenities were fine. There was a clean, inviting pool which I did not get to use but I did enjoy being able to walk across the parking lot to shop at to Kohls. Based on the price, comfortable beds and convenience of the motel I will plan to stay there again,thought I do wish that the carpets were cleaner.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Albany, IN
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I wanted to let travlers know that we stay here every time we go to columbus and we have had great service. Very workable when it comes to us moving rooms around and other needs we might have. If you stay at Varsity you will always be taken care of. Thanks again varsity! Tonia C

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MentorTonia
Montpelier, Ohio, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The Varsity Inn is very close to the OSU Hospital, and my husband and I often stay when he has appointments at The James Cancer Hospital. The hotel staff do their best to make our stays as comfortable as possible. There are a few things that could be improved, but the hospitality of the employees makes our stays worth it. Any time we've had an issue with anything, the problems have quickly and efficiently been taken care of. I would recommend The Varsity Inn to any of my friends or family needing a place to stay where their comfort and happiness is a top priority. Many of the employees have been warm and welcoming, but Jeffrey, in particular, has gone above and beyond to make us feel right at home! Thank you, Jeffrey, for making our stays at The Varsity Inn feel like a homecoming!

1 Thank Helen E
var1445, General Manager at Varsity Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Wanted to thank you for the feedback. We do take pride in cleanliness and hospitality. I am glad location is convenient and Jeffrey’s customer service was outstanding. Thanks again for recommending us to family and friends. See you again when you are back in town.
Malta, Ohio, United States
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I thought the staff was very helpful, . The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. It is quite affordable, especially considering my frequent monthly stays. Getting half off after five stays is a nice deal. Being close to the medical center also suited our personal needs. Having the shopping center just across the street also made our trips that much pleasurable.

Room Tip: Room close to office was helpful.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ralph I
var1445, General Manager at Varsity Inn, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I am glad we were able to meet your needs. Thanks again .
North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Varsity Inn South was a good value for the price. Our room was a bit on the small side but very clean. The hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful. The hotel is very convenient to the OSU campus. The first room we were put in did smell like cigarette smoke even though we asked for a non-smoking room but it was very clean. I asked the front desk if we could have another room and they gave us a new one without hesitation. The new room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. It was also nice having a refrigerator in the room. The front desk was very helpful in extending our checkout for a few hours when we asked.

Room Tip: Ask for a room farthest from the train tracks.
1 Thank Joe R
Plant city
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We have been staying at the Varsity Inn at least 4 times a year for a number of years because of its location close to OSU. We have liked that it is reasonably priced, clean and comfortable. However something has happened to "clean". About a month ago my husband experienced a slow drain with hair coming out of it in the shower. The problem was not resolved during his stay. We are now here again with someone else's dripped shampoo and crud on the edge of the tub, and a a dirty floor. This will probably be our last stay at the Varsity Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
var1445, General Manager at Varsity Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
First of all I wanted to apologize about the recent issue with the bath room situation and also wanted to assure you that we have addressed the issue to maintenance & housekeeping department as well so that they could be more proactive for rooms. Thanks for bringing the matter to our attention. I would request you not to lose trust in us. I would like to discuss further if you could please call me at 614-291-2983.

Thanks,
Management.

Travelers are raving about these Columbus hotels

Copley, Ohio
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I were in town for an event and booked a room at the Varsity Inn. Something should have told us to run when we did our check in through a drive through. When we got to our room, it was discovered that there were train tracks about 30 feet behind us that had trains running at all hours of the night. The room smelled stale and dirty. The one chair in the room had what appeared to be a large blood stain on it. The shower had what appeared to be black mold growing up around the shower edges. My husband and I tried to find another hotel on Saturday but they were all sold out, due to the event. When I told the main desk about the issues when we checked out, they were not very concerned and basically said sorry, have a nice day. We will NEVER stay there again!

Room Tip: DONT STAY HERE unless you are between the ages of 18-25 and dont care about the room!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple