“CI&S will keep my business”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport
Ranked #63 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I ended up at this hotel because of a problem with another Country Inn & Suites in Columbus. I really appreciated the company's willingness to work with me. A small gesture but it means I'll continue to stay there when I can. NOTE: I didn't stay at the other one but had so much trouble with their front desk before I got there, I had to call the 1-800 number. This hotel had a friendly staff and it was well maintained. Pretty quiet even with girls softball teams everywhere. Next door to McDonald's and near Wendy's but you will have to drive for other food choices. For the first time I've experienced at a CI&S, they ran out of food (eggs and pancake mix) at breakfast and we had to wait but it was probably timing--I think the softball teams cleared them out.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LynnWVA
CountryInnColumbus, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear LynnWVA,
I am glad to hear that we made an impression and that you will continue staying at Country Inns and Suites! That is terrific loyalty! I am sorry to hear that you had to wait for more eggs and pancake mix. it can get a little tricky when we have teams in. Like you said... they can clear the breakfast out pretty quickly. Our breakfast team does a great job of keeping up with the demand and ensuring that the guests are being cared for. I am thrilled that our team members were accommodating to you and your family. I hope that we will have a chance to visit with you again the next time you visit the Columbus Airport area. Have a great day!

Country Inn and Suites Columbus Airport

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed at the hotel while visiting my son. It is close to the airport and there were several girls softball teams staying there for a tournament. That being said, it was quiet and peaceful at night. The room was spotless and up to date. The staff was very courteous.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Chuck1958

Dear Chuck1958,
I am thrilled to hear that even though we had a few large teams in, it was quiet and you were able to enjoy your stay. We hold our housekeepers to a very high standard when cleaning the rooms, and I am happy to hear that they did not disappoint. We like to keep the hotel looking new and clean, and we are fortunate to have such a great housekeeping and maintenance team that are willing to go the extra step to maintain the hotel. We pride ourselves on having a terrific staff that wants to ensure the guest stay is unforgettable. We look forward to visiting you the next time you visit Columbus, Ohio!

Assistant General Manager
Country Inn and Suites Columbus Airport.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

While there was nothing significant to complain about during my recent stay here, the property certainly didn't stand out from the crowd. (Maybe that's all you're looking for.)

The staff could have been more diligent about "policing the area" of trash (inside and out), but the rooms were comfortable, the staff generally friendly and the breakfast adequate.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SidMonge

Dear Al D,
Thank you for taking time to review Cuntry Inn and Suites Columbus-Airport on Tripadvisor. We appreciate the feedback. I have talked with my staff about making sure that they diligently check for trash in the public areas. The public areas are the first areas that guests see, and we need to ensure that they are taken care of. I am thrilled to hear that our staff made your stay more enjoyable with our friendly hospitality. We are constantly rotating the menu for our Be Our Guest Breakfast, and I hope that you will return to visit us and see what's new! Thank you again, and have a great day!

Country Inn and Suites Columbus Airport

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Really nice hotel and friendly staff! Fresh baked cookies and very accommodating. We didn't arrive at the hotel til almost 11pm and the management still had our room ready and was a great experience. Free continental breakfast and they have a nice pool with the hotel in a convenient location

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Madi32393
CountryInnColumbus, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Madi32393,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to hear that even though you did not arrive until late, you had a wonderful experience. The fresh baked cookies as well as the pool seem to be two very popular amenities at our property, and I am pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy both during your stay. I am also glad that our "Be our Guest Breakfast" was a good start to your day. Thank you for your very positive review, and we look forward to visiting with you next time you are in Columbus, Ohio. Have a nice day!

Country Inn and Suites Columbus-Airport

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My family and I were at this hotel for nearly a week. I must say that the staff here is excellent! Great shout out to Marcus, Josh, Christine, William, Ariel, and the nice lady that served breakfast that was a Lebron fan, please forgive me for forgetting your name. We had a great time and would definitely come back to stay here if we are ever in Columbus again.

The Phillips' Family

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carlos P
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel is located near Port Columbus but you will not be disturbed by any aircraft. We stayed one night before our flight. The shuttle was prompt and clean. Seven minute drive to terminal.The hotel and room were very clean and not run down.Continental breakfast , excellent. There several places to eat within walking distance.The area around the hotel is very nice.

Room Tip: Our room was on the back side and very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank traveler342
CountryInnColumbus, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Traveler 342:

Thank you for taking the time out to talk about your experience at the Country Inn & Suites Columbus-Airport. We are pleased to provide you with a great start to your trip with our service focused team, Be Our Guest Hot Breakfast and complimentary Airport Shuttle!

Should your travels bring you back to the Columbus, Ohio area, we would love to visit with you again. Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites and your loyalty to the Carlson brands.

Christina Kruse

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We have stayed in many hotels through the years, but this one, for the value was the best EVER! We are shocked at the comments previous people have made that were not good and are impressed that the General Manager mans up to any issues in a public forum like this. The fact that you take opinions into consideration and make those changes, as clearly we can see that you have, speaks volumes in a typical "customer is always wrong" environment as America has become.

The room was top drawer, the window dressing and decor, quiet, everything was clean and functional. We love the suite with the two rooms, with the door that closes and TV's in each area. The indoor pool is lovely. Not sure why the hot tub was covered. The breakfast was outrageously delicious for a Continental type breakfast, with yummy eggs, bacon, waffles, real orange juice, awesome coffee, bread and pastry choices. We were delighted to see real glass for juice, real silverware, real plates and real cups for coffee. The gal who was working the breakfast, was way on top of things, friendly and efficient to the max.

The gentleman at the front desk and the shuttle driver, could not have been more accomodating and efficient. We will stay here time and time again! :) Thank you for the ability to blog about this, as I seldom take the time to do it.

Lisa and Richard, The Villages, Florida

Room Tip: Our tip is in our commnt section. The pool is lovely. Cannot comment on the spa, as it was covered.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank Lisa and Richar... Z
CountryInnColumbus, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbus Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you very much for providing feedback about your most recent stay with the Country Inn & Suites Columbus-Airport. We are thrilled that you and your family had a stellar stay and that you took the time to blog about your experience.

Thank you for your loyalty to Carlson and we look forward to visiting with you again during your next trip to Columbus, OH.

Christina Kruse