Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Columbus West, OH
  • Room Service
$164
$149
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfront deskusual breakfastsausage linkspool area isnice clean hotelvery nice place to staypool and hot tubbagelssoccer tournamentoff the highwayquiet roombeds were very comfortableeasy accessconvenient locationlinensconcert
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We always stay at Country Inn & Suites and usually love their service, but this time we weren't so pleased. For starters, we were provided with a room on the ground floor adjacent to the breakfast area. As soon as six am rolled around, we were awakened by dozens of screaming children (apparently there was a cheer competition going on), clanging, and banging on the walls. We were also right across from the laundry room, which meant there were employees walking in and out in front of our door, talking loudly, and maneuvering their carts. In addition, we were maybe two doors down from the pool area...which resulted in people running back and forth and yelling to and from the pool. Finally, and we believe as a result of the cheer competition, the breakfast wasn't as advertised. Normally there is a hot breakfast and we have a lot to choose from. This time, however, we only had the option of muffins, bagels, and toast. All in all, we would give them another try...but would definitely request a room on the second floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank anburton
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stayed here in the summer and were told they were to start renovating soon. "Soon" was last week. No tile on the entry floor and stairwell closed as they were painting. However, they constantly apologized for the inconvenience. The rooms (we reserved 2 for 2 nights) were clean, spacious, comfortable. The hotel was quiet. One of the amenities is bottled water and a snack in each room. However, we consumed those the first night and they were not replaced for the 2nd.
Reading previous comments about breakfast made me wonder what people want! The first morning they had french toast and Canadian bacon, make your own waffles, hot oatmeal, cold cereals, several juices, sweet rolls, bagels, bread, coffee. All served on china plates, real silverware, glasses and cups! The 2nd morning replaced the french toast and Can. bacon with Spanish omelets and rosemary potatoes. The price was reasonable this time. A little more pricey in the summer. However, it is close to where we want to be and will return next summer. At night it is a little harder to find but the road and driveway are marked.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Dinesh P, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Columbus West, OH, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel is very clean and well maintained. Our check in was seamless and quick and staff was very friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable with no odd odors. There is a pool but we did not have time to use it. The linens were very clean and the beds were comfortable however the pillows leave something to be desired. I wish I’d brought my own. The bathroom was clean and updated but could stand to have brighter lighting. The towels and washcloths were very clean and soft and the toiletries were high quality. It’s in a quiet area of the city with a few places to eat very close-by. The breakfast was just ok but sufficient. My only real complaint was that there wasn’t enough seating for the amount of guests so I think they need to make the dining area larger and flow a little better. Also, the morning employees were taking up one table and chatting during breakfast. All in all, we enjoyed the stay and would book there again if we’re ever in the downtown area. It was close to the places we needed to go.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at and reviewed a ton of hotels across the country and I have to say that this is a diamond in the rough. It sits right of I-70 but inside you would never know there is a busy highway just outside. The room smelled clean when I first entered and upon inspection was spotless. The woman at the front desk was very pleasant and the common areas were clean and tidy. The outside is very nicely landscaped and welcoming. I did notice a loose tile in the bathroom but I am not planning on sleeping on the floor so who cares. Free wifi and breakfast is a nice bonus since so many hotels are charging extra for that anymore(especially Hilton properties). Hopefully I land the job I drove 8+ to come to Columbus for so I can stay here again when I come back in a month! Go Buckeyes!

• Stayed: August 2013