“very bad would not go back”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Columbus West, OH
Ranked #48 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed May 20, 2012

The hotel was nice and we parked in a spot where there was a camera and someone broke into our car and messed it up stole alot of items. They did not do a thing for us. Really stinks to get no help..

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 17, 2012

The staff is professional and attentive, very clean rooms and great beds, however, the construction of this and every Country Inn and Suites I've ever been in has the same problem, if you have anyone in the room above you, you can hear every step, then if someone is next to you and happens to be on the noisey side (bumping the most minor thing in the room) you hear it, what goes with these folks in designing a hotel, the eye appeal is great but the reality is much different

Room Tip: Sleep quality, get a top floor room
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We chose to stay here after reading on the website that they provided you with passes to the local gym and also because they offered a discount of 20% if you paid in full up front (online). Unfortunately for us, that 20% discount prevented us from leaving and going to another hotel as it also meant it was non-refundable. This place was a total dive. They no longer give you passes to the gym. The free breakfast was a joke. We walked in to eat and after one minute left and went out to breakfast. The options were hard-boiled eggs, cereal, make your own waffles and that about covered it. On the way, I did grab a coffee only to discern it apparently had been made the day before and was warm, at best. I even made a comment about the coffee being cold to another patron who was about to get a cup and the front desk clerk laughed it off and articulated that the coffee in that location was their "cold" coffee. It was awesome that all the employees smoked directly outside the front door as well. Nothing like having a smoke free hotel but having to walk through a cloud of it to enter the establishment. If I was forced to say one nice thing about this place it would be that their so-called gym did have a treadmill, a bike, an elliptical as well as a universal weight machine. However, the room itself was so small there was only room for two people. As my girlfriend and I worked out everyone who started walking in to join us turned around and walked back out because it was so small. Do yourself a favor and go ANYWHERE but this place. The Drury on the other side of the city is amazing.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2011

While on the road across country we spent our first night at this hotel. The stay was fine with the exception of the desk cleark who was in a little over her head. The cookies were good, the bed was fine and the breakfast hit the spot.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stayed at this property for sweetest day weekend and check in friday night was smooth and didn't seem to be too busy. On saturday night we arrived back at about midnight and could only find one parking spot clear at the end of the hotel parking lot. When we checked out the next morning we got to the car to find a busted out passenger window and the car was destroyed with papers and glovebox emptied but nothing was taken. Hotel wouldn't comp us an nights or even do anything about the busted window because its private property. Needless to say we will not be staying here again or near this side of the city.

Room Tip: We did get to see what a Whirlpool Suite looked like and would definately choose that room next time...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M O
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I come to Colmbus every year for Ohio Cup Vintage Base Ball. I had been staying at a different Country Inn, but it had gotten too poorly run. I wanted to stay at another, so I picked this one. I used some Carlson points (which I HIGHLY recommend), and got a room for $59 a night. The staff was great, the room was nice, and the bed was very comfortable. The continental breakfast was good, with 3 hot dishes both mornings. I will come back!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2011

The staff was very nice. The hotel was clean. It seemed kind of old and they were doing construction right outside my window. I went to my room and started changing and noticed a lady looking at me inside my window from the awning. They had a good breakfast and one night had pizza for dinner. The bed was horrible, that's the main reason I didnt care for the place. The entire three days I was in town, I didn't get a wink of sleep.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business