“Awesome Location”

Ranked #7 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Edmonton, Canada
“Awesome Location”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was an extremely nice hotel, with very friendly staff, and a great breakfast. I liked the layout of the rooms, which where modern and very clean and, I would recommend highly. Great location right downton next to Nationwide Arena.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Ohio
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn for my daughter's wedding. I can not adequately describe how helpful and wonderful the staff was at this very stressful time. First, I needed to come to Columbus early to help out with last minute plans and unfortunately could not get a room at this hotel as my daughter booked the block of rooms for only 2 nights. Not a problem, I stayed elsewhere. The morning before the day of the wedding I had to check out of my other hotel and inquired if I could have an early check in at the Hampton and they very nicely obliged. Upon my arrival the valet parking was full but they advised me to park at metered parking which was not a problem except I had several items to carry, of which they offered to call a bell hop and I accepted. Out came Clifford. Clifford was the most enjoyable person I have ever come in contact with. By the end of our 2 nights he knew all of our names, offered any assistance that was needed and was just an overall delight. My stress immediately vanished every time I saw him. My other children even missed the complimentary breakfast but Clifford fixed them a plate so they could eat before driving home. I am always pleased with Hamptons but I will be staying here the next time I am in Columbus, the staff is pleasant and accomodating which makes the stay extra pleasant.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank snicks5
Bloomington, Indiana, USA
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I want to note that this hotel has a lot going for it. The location is excellent-- near campus but not too close, lots of interesting restaurants and shops in easy walking distance. Our room was very comfortable and had an interesting view looking up High St. The complimentary breakfast buffet was extensive, fresh and actually hot. The front desk staff were unfailingly friendly. However. We left our room at about 10am. The housekeeping cart was two doors down from our room. We returned about 2:30 to an uncleaned room. My spouse's call to Housekeeping brought excuses and eventually a half-hearted offer to send someone up to clean. As we'd been out of the room for over four hours and returned in part because my spouse wasn't feeling well and wanted to take a nap, we declined, choosing instead to tidy up ourselves. A couple of other points you may want to consider. First: parking. Only valet parking at $23/day is available. Otherwise you'll be running out every few hours to feed a meter or parking who knows how far away as I didn't see any other public parking garages nearby. They did reassure us that we could come and go as often as we wished with no extra charge, and honestly we had no need to given the marvelous food nearby. Another point--the bathroom fixtures are lovely, but if you have visions of soaking in a tub, save it for the pool. The room we were in featured a very nice walk-in shower but no tub. There are a nice pool and a small hot tub on the second floor if you must immerse.

• Stayed April 2014
MAYSVILLE, United States
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We enjoyed the location overall. Right next door the North Market and all shopping/entertainment within walking distance. The staff are friendly but slow to react to problems and not very empathetic. My problems with the staff were specific and I would not hesitate to stay here again. Basically, not that big of a deal in comparison to all of the great aspects of my stay.

2 Thank Khrysten C
Lakewood, Ohio
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I've stayed here more than a dozen times, and it's a very consistent experience - good location, friendly staff (including the guy who has handled my luggage the last two times, who is one of those people that will just brighten your day, whatever shape it's in), and rooms that have been remodeled and are quite nice for the price. The North Market is right across the street and is a terrific experience, and there has to be 25 restaurants within a five minute walk (including Hyde Park Grille, Bar Louie and Bakersfield, all of which are great options). The hotel itself is classic Hampton - second floor has an extensive breakfast and lounging area, the pool is extremely nice (all metal, which is cool) and the workout area - though small - is well appointed. If you're doing something at the Convention Center, which is directly across the street - this is the place to be (unless you're willing to pay a higher price at the Hilton), and makes for a very easy and quick commute. Only complaint - parking is expensive for a hotel of this kind and only option is valet. Small issue given the overall experience, however, which has been very good on multiple visits.

3 Thank Cowslower
Reviewed April 3, 2014

This was a great stay i was here for Cheerleading and the breakfast was worth it. the internet was good for the kids. A littlle on the expensive side for one night but it was easy to get where I needed.

canton, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Excellent staff and the valet was awesome! I really enjoyed my stay and will stay again! I would recommend this hotel to everyone! The breakfast was great also! Great great hotel! I have stayed in alot of hotels in Columbus, this is definitely my favorite hotel!