“Fabulous Stay”

Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus Downtown
Ranked #7 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this Hampton Inn. The hotel staff was exceptional, and we were upgraded for free to the presidential suite. The room was clean, bed and pillows were comfortable, and the bathroom was luxurious; especially the double sinks and rain shower with wall jets. This is a new hotel; worth spending a bit extra to stay in the city. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus Downtown

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I go back to this same hotel every year. The staff is always friendly and the beds are so comfortable. It is right across the street from the convention center and there are tons of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton while in town for a wedding. The hotel was immaculate as were the rooms. All staff members, from valet, front desk, housekeeping and serving staff were very welcoming and friendly. We will be going back to Columbus to visit as the Hampton was situated in a location that was busy with fun things to do and we are anxious to see the rest of the city!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here for the 2013 Columbus Marathon. Staff were very friendly for the most part (one young woman at the front desk was a little dour but others were quite helpful). The staff gave different answers to the same questions asked 90-120 minutes apart (e.g., late check out, breakfast time), but these different answers did not negatively affect my stay. Room was clean, comfortable bed and quiet. Walking distance to many restaurants and 50 yards away from North Market, which is a neat international food court / boutique store mini mall. I would return to this hotel and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

I am a fan of of Hampton Inns in general. Hilton provides a consistent brand across the country. They are really good for families with the free breakfast. This hampton is in a great location in be short north and near the market--and close to 2 Jeni's ice cream shops! There are lots of restaurants and bars within walking distances. Like most Hampton Inns this one has a boutique-y feel. Rooms were clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I found the business center to be comfortable and the equipment in good working order. Would stay here again!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Great facilities, friendly staff who went above and beyond to help me during this stay. Great location and proximity to downtown and short North. Really nice valet staff as well (I was in and out several times throughout the day).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed here because we had tickets for the OSU vs. Penn State game, which was a night game. We stayed here once before a few years ago for Red, White and Boom and loved it. I am a bit aggravated at this hotel this time. I figured out (on my own) the week we were to stay there was to be a huge Halloween party right in front of the hotel. The party would close down High street in front of the hotel and the area north and south of it for the entire time of our stay. I assume no mention was made by the hotel because of not wanting to lose business (cause I sure would have found somewhere else to stay). I would have liked the hotel to (at the very least) provid directions to get around this mess to get their hotel. I called twice and spoke to two different front desk ladies. The first woman knew nothing about the party and the only advice to get to the hotel was there would be plenty of signs and police to get us there. The second woman also knew nothing about the party and didn't really think they would close the main street to have it but did give some (although incomplete) directions to the hotel. I can't understand how no one at this hotel knew about an event that would shut down the main way to get to their hotel. Their competitor next door knew about the event because it was on their website offering a package deal to the party goers and all the restaurants in the area knew (when we drove by they all had signs welcoming the party goers). The party was over a 1 p.m. on the dot but then we had to endure (we were on the street side) the clean up crews and their noise which was partially drowned out by the constantly running heating/cooling system in the room. The room this time also had some issues. The bed dipped in the center and although at first I was happy to see a night light in the bathroom the bulb was out. The breakfast was good and well stocked which included: eggs (two ways), sausage, waffles, cereal, muffins, french toast sticks, etc. I would have told the hotel what I thought in person rather than put it on here but they didn't seem interested. We checked out no one asked how our stay was or if everything met our expectations. The positives valet did a great job with a sold out hotel (cost $23) and the challenges with road closures and changes in traffic patterns around the hotel. I think I should have spoken to them on the phone about directions because they are ones that gave us directions to get back to the hotel after the game (one-way streets and traffic pattern changes along with the main street being blocked).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple