“Convention made easy”

Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus Downtown
Ranked #7 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This Hampton is the closest to the convention center and the breakfast makes it easy to get to early meetings easily. It is also close to the North Market for inexpensive quick food that isn't fast food.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Matt K, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

VirginiaM,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a quick note about your stay with us! We look forward to your future stays!!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus Downtown

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great Staff, but construction creates aberrations in the usual flow of this Hampton. Being just across the street from the Columbus convention center - between c and d pods / halls and 2 blocks from the North Market and a couple blocks from the start of the short north district, make this a great location for the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

RobertC,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. My apologies for the lobby renovation. I hope you had the opportunity to see the first half of the lobby completed? I am glad to hear you thought the staff was great!!! We look forward to your future stays and the opportunity to see the completed lobby renovations!!!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

i have stayed here a number of times and the staff is consistently friendly and helpful, my room is clean and comfortable and you can't beat the free breakfast! The location is central to my favorite neighborhood in columbus, within walking distance of great restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Matt K, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you kindly for your review of the hotel!!! I am very proud to hear you find our hotel to be "the friendliest in Columbus!" We really strive to provide a great experience for everyone during their stay and it all starts with the staff! Thank you again for the review and look forward to your future stays with us!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed with some friends for a weekend. The hotel is right in the middle of town making it easy to walk to the convention center and restaurants. Room was great. Very comfortable. Staff was excellent. Vanessa and Janee at the front desk were exceptionally friendly and accommodating.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for great review! I am glad you found our location great for your needs. I also greatly appreciate you recognizing a couple of the team members in your review. I will be sure they are recognized for this! Hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again in the near future!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My friends and I celebrated a bachelorette party here. The Presidential suite was the most awesome room at I've ever seen. It is newly renovated. The shower could fit like fun he people! The room had a little kitchen and bar area. The staff was great, and really patient and accommodating with our party plans. Great time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MadameSnooks
Matt K, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

MadameSnooks,

Thank you for taking the time to right a review about your recent stay with us! I am very happy to hear you enjoyed the Presidential Suite. We have been great feedback about the cool new showers we did! . I am also very happy to hear that the staff was great and accommodating to your needs!
I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I've stayed at this Hampton for many years for a convention in Columbus. They have been/are undergoing renovations and the place looks great.

The rooms are clean and comfortable.

There are 2 "charge ports" in the room with multiple power outlets as well as USB connectors (both standard and tablet).

Strangely, there is no alarm clock in the room. I guess the assumption is that everyone has a cell phone that can be used as a clock.

The bathrooms are MAJORLY upgraded. The tile on the floor and shower walls is terrific. So are the decorative tiles on the sink wall. The bathroom mirror is nice with backlighting on it. The fixtures are really modern and neat.

Like I said, they're undergoing major renovations. The common areas on the first and second floor are basically non-existent. It's not a major problem, but it will be nice when they finish.

As always, the service is second to none. I've stayed at other properties in the area (including the new Hilton) and I will take the Hampton every time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for the great review!!! I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms! We are very excited for the lobby renovation to be completed in about 6 weeks. I think you will definitely enjoy the lobby next time you return.
I am sorry to hear you didn’t have an alarm clock in your room. They are definitely something that is still in place.
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I spent 1 night at the Hampton Inn ans Suites in Columbus,Ohio. The checkin was very quick and painless. I was upgraded to 2 room suite that was very nice. A shame I did not have more time to spend there. The Hotel is a short walk to many restaurants and bars, as well as a short commute to Ohio State University. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business