“Good Experience”

Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus Downtown
Ranked #8 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very positive experience....price was good value for excellent location walking distance from the market, restaurants and nightlife .....the bellman, Clifford, was very helpful and his cheerful, positive attitude started the day with a smile ...updated rooms were an improvement especially the shower stall....

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dan H
Matt K, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

JamieK,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear you thought the hotel was "old and dingy.” As you probably noticed our lobby is under renovation and the temporary walls that are in place does hinder some of the natural light in the lobby, especially in the breakfast buffet area. I also noticed you stayed in one of our rooms that has not yet been renovated. We went through an extensive renovation over the last year and still have about 50 rooms to complete. However temporarily we stopped the room renovation so that we could complete the lobby. I would love for you to stay with us again once the lobby is complete sometime in late July early August. Also, I want to be sure you get to experience one of our renovated rooms. Please contact me directly at matthew.kolbrich@hilton.com if you choose to return.
Thank you again for your feedback.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus Downtown

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn many times, mostly on weeknights but occasionally on a Friday night and every time the service, particularly at the front desk, has been top-notch friendly and prompt, the room has been perfectly clean and comfortable and the easy-in, easy-out parking and location could not be easier.

I have stayed at other downtown properties and the getting in and getting out are slower. That may seem like it's not so important, but when I finally get there and am ready to check in I just want to drop my car and get checked in. And, in the morning, when I'm ready to go, I just want to be able to go. Somehow it seems eaiser, and faster, here!

And, the staff member who welcomes and greets in the lobbies on week days could not be friendlier.

It's a great location, too, easy to get to meetings or dinners downtown but also close to the highway ramps for easy access.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BGBeth
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I were very pleased with the service and accomodations at the Hampton. The staff were very helpful and friendly, the breakfast was good and the staff there were exceptionally helpful and attentive to our needs. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2013

It doesn't get much better. Check in was easy, room was clean and looked great. Exercise room was good for keeping me stress free. Then there was the great food that started each day. With all this I was able to stay focused on my business in Columbus and really enjoyed each day of my 3 day convention.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed here while in Columbus on business and found it to be a very nice hotel, The valet parking was convenient, the staff was pleasant and courteous and the room very nice. Upon checking in I was told they had upgraded my room to a two room King Suite. Excellent surprise! Convenient if you are in town for an event at the Convention Center!

Room Tip: If there was anything at all to not like it would be the noisy street traffic as I was facing the Co...
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I love this hotel! The staff go out of their way to be welcoming and accommodating. The hotel has been recently updated and the rooms are fresh, clean, comfortable and functional (I travel here for work). This really is a home away from home. I don't love hotel breakfasts, but this site always has fresh fruit and oatmeal for those of us looking for healthy options. I really can't say enough about the staff. They are great. And this hotel is in a great location with access to shopping, restaurants, and museums. I love the free wi-fi in rooms!!!!! Excellent!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

The staff at the Hampton in Columbus was fantastic! The person making my rerservations made them incorrect and the staff at the Hampton was able to make sure that there were corrected and I did not have any issues! Thanks so much!