“Wonderful Stay in a Great Location”

Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus Downtown
Ranked #8 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed December 25, 2012

This was our first visit to Columbus and we couldn't have stayed at a better place! We were immediately upgraded to a newly rennovated suite upon arrival. We felt a feeling of luxury that one might expect from a much more expensive hotel. The staff that we encountered were all very accomadating, friendly and willing to go the extra mile. The complimentary breakfast was very good with many choices in what appeared to be a newly rennovated space. The fitness facility and pool also appeared to be newly rennovated with the basics for a good workout. Everything was very clean, including our suite. One qualifier, is that we were there during an off time just before Christmas, but I think we would have received the same great treatment if we had been there during busier times. The location for us was great in as far as we came for an entertainment act on Park Avenue and to explore the Ohio State campus. The only downfalls that I could come up with were 1) the hotel is temporarily wrapped in construction paper (not a good photo op-LOL!) and 2) the parking is strictly valet at $23 per day. Other than that, we couldn't have asked for better place!

Room Tip: Our suite faced the North with a view of a beautiful church next door which to us was the most desir...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 2, 2012

The renovation of this property is very impressive. The renovated rooms are very nice and staff service/friendly is just excellent. The location is very convenient if going to the convention center. There are lots of fine restaurants nearby.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank c313l
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have stayed at Hampton Inn and other Hilton Properties all over the US, and this one is fantastic - even while it is completing its renovations. The people that work there are kind and very accommodating. The new rooms are wonderfully appointed. Breakfast is good, with lots of options. I love that coffee and tea are always available. Plus, you can not beat the proximity to the convention center, its even closer to the convention center than the hyatt that is actually connected to the convention center via walkway.

I will be staying here from now on when I come to Columbus.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was there for a conference and had a great stay. The location was next to the convention center and beside the Farmers Market. Loads of restaurants and bars nearby. Try the farmers market and Bar Louise at the back for great food and drinks.
Room was comfortable, clean and the toilets worked well.
Clifford was great. Tx

Room Tip: Get the suite
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for an OSU conference and enjoyed it. They handled the mess and potential disruption from major renovations extremely well. Although I saw evidence of construction work I was never disturbed by noise or dust. My room was quiet and newly decorated. The service was wonderful--friendliest hotel staff I've encountered in ages. My only complaint was temperature. I couldn't seem to get the room cool enough to sleep really deeply, but that might just be my quirk. Overall, a great value close to a very cool neighborhood in Columbus. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We love staying at this hotel for the Columbus Marathon. The staff & especially the doorman, Clifford, are the best. The location puts us near both the start & finish & gives us many good food & drink, choices along with being near the convention center.

Room Tip: All of the rooms seem great, I don't like being near an elevator. They are currently redoing th...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites November 1-4. Had a great stay. Property is clean, staff is friendly and helpful, location is great. They are renovating right now, but it's not obtrusive at all. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple