“Best Hampton Inn in Columbus OH”

Hampton Inn Columbus Hamilton
Ranked #39 of 146 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Stay here every time I visit Columbus. Hotel is 6-8 minutes from the Airport and finding the place is a breeze.
I visit our office in downtown and this hotel is between my work, and the airport. Lots of things to eat right around the hotel, so that's never a worry. The staff is great, during breakfast, everyone besides the lady working the breakfast is around asking how the stay was, offering me a small to go bag with water, I was really pleased. My only concern is I prefer a room on the first floor, the were busy so I was pushed to the third, but the room was quite nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We always stay at a Hampton Inn on our travels and have never had a bad experience until the night we stayed here. First, we were never advised the pool was unavailable. Second, the heating unit in our room was very noisy and continued to run even when we turned it off. Third, the bed sagged in the middle and bounced around every time we moved. We were told there was no highway noise which was far from the truth. You can hear trucks and cars going down the hill next to the hotel all night long. I asked if there were trains behind the hotel and was told it was only a storage yard. WRONG! The freight train cars begin loading early in the morning. Breakfast was a disaster. The toaster did not work. The creamers were expired. The powdered eggs looked very unappetizing. We left without eating. I can't even say the place was clean because there was mold on the bathroom ceiling as well as some type of red stain. The only positive thing I can say is that the staff was very friendly. It felt like a hotel that would cost $29.99 not $100. With so many other Hampton options in the area, I would avoid this one and stay at another.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms in the back that overlook the storage units and trains. Try to keep far from t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank russofSNJ
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Overall, my stay was very good. The hotel is conveniently located along the I-70. I arrived just before midnight and was cheerfully greeted. The reception staff member quickly and efficiently completed the check-in process so I could get to my room right away. This was appreciated following a really long cross country drive. My room was comfortable and clean. The continental breakfast was very good and well organized - there was a variety of items and what I tried tasted great. I was enthusiatically greeted upon leaving.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past few years and have always been satisfied with the service and quality . the staff are excellent aswell as the rooms. I was glad to see the updates were completed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Staff at this hotel go out of their way to make you feel welcomed and comfortable. My husband and I were traveling with our two young sons and the staff was very friendly and patient with our boys. We had a very restful night. Thank you!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Very nice staff and hotel cleanliness of the hotel lobby, dining and room was excellent. The complimentary breakfast was very good. All and all a very good experience in staying at this hotel. Location is right off highway so very convenient.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2013

A great hotel. Room was nice and clean. Facility was well maintained. The area has quite a few restaurants and hotels. There will be another hotel built right in front of this one, blocking the only view. This hotel will be boxed in with no view.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Southeast
Best Western Port Columbus
Best Western Port Columbus
#30 of 146 in Columbus
WoodSpring Suites Columbus North I - 270

Been to Hampton Inn Columbus Hamilton? Share your experiences!