“Bad Area & Dated Hotel”

Hampton Inn Columbus Hamilton
Ranked #40 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We were out in Ohio for a family doing, and we were supposed to stay out here for two nights, but due to this hotel I opted to make it one night and drive home throughout the night to Chicago. The air conditioner worked poorly, was loud, the beds were hard, very few towels, noticed that the other double bed's sheets were dirty, and the area is ghetto in my opinion. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed March 13, 2012

the Location isn't so great..(not a whole lot around that area) but overall it looks like a pretty good area as far as what is there (safe, easy access to I-70 on a non-busy interchange on Rushhour)

room was OK...heater was loud, fridge was sort of annoying, water pressure was fairly low, and the floor coming into my room was VERY noisy and felt like it was partly caved in (like it would collapse) Bed was a bit stiff for my tastes, but overall a pleasant experience. considering another trip to Columbus in May, might consider this hotel again (and hopefully not get the same room!)

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank John M
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Although I am a gold member of the Hilton Honors Club, and stay at Hampton Inns quite frequently, apparently this is a rogue venue. The general manager ruins the good reputation of this chain of hotels. He was unwilling to listen to reason and even after a representative of Hilton Honors contact him to remove a charge on my bill, he was unyielding and rude. Stay away from this hotel at all costs.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
HamonHam, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbus Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2011

I have witnessed similar tirades among children when they don’t get their way – nothing but extreme statements to help lessen their frustration. Some situations are frustrating on both ends. This is one of them, however, I won't argue or share details. It’s better to move on; particularly, when I feel I’ve done the right thing. Thank you for taking your time to respond.

P.S. For those of you reading this and deciding whether you should give our hotel a try; perhaps you should take advantage of seeing the "WORST Manager!" Stop by the front desk and ask for me by "title." I'll gladly come out and shake your hand.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

You disappointed us Hampton. We have stayed at Hampton Inns across the country and have never been disappointed until Aug. 27 2011. We moved our kid into school in Columbus and got her settled. Checked into the hotel @ 8:30 and was so looking forward to the hot tub and a good night’s sleep. Not to be, changed and headed to the pool, closed @ 9. Went back and watched a little TV and tried to sleep. Hotel was very noisy with banging in the building, trucks exiting on the exit ramp and the constraint rumbling of the railroad out back. The room was clean, but the shower had mold in it. And not just a little. Need to tell them you have to kill the mold before caulking over it. I never expected to see this at a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

I apologize that you had such a problematic stay. We met as a team and reviewed your concerns line by line, and while we didn’t find everything as represented, we did determine that some areas required adjustment. We want to be a good stay, every stay for every guest. You helped us move that way with your comments. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Reviewed May 1, 2011

Dont believe all you read. I was sceptical at the bad reviews regarding location. The location may not be the best, however it is not surrounded with drug dealers, prostitutes, etc. It is located next to some storage units, outside city limits. Common sence with any hotel, in any city, is to not go walking away alone at night. I felt perfectly safe. The staff is the best, friendly, will go out of their way for you. The pool and work out room is great, the breakfast is awesome. I would go back in a minute.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank carol29912
Reviewed April 19, 2011

.After reading previous reviews I was a little worried but I was going to try it anyways. What a pleasant surprise. The rooms were clean and smelled good. The beds are very comfortable with extra soft pillows and the neighborhood is nice and quiet. The staff was friendly and tried to help out any way they could. Breakfast is good and I love the cookies at the front desk. I am coming back in May with a group of 4. I will not stay at any other Hampton Inn. I am staying on the side that faces the rail road. No noise what so every. Actually I have a hard time getting up in the mornings I am so comfortable

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Nothing against this property itself, it was very nice, typical Hampton Inn. Internet, TV, pool, etc. were all fine. However, the location in a bad neighborhood, down a strange frontage road, almost like an alley. I missed the entrance to the road and ended up going around the block. Across the road was this old, large hotel, all the widows broken out and burned out, trash and weeds everywhere, furniture and mattresses hanging out upper story windows. I would have felt better if there had been security in the parking lot.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Hampton Inn Columbus-East
Comfort Suites East
#96 of 145 in Columbus
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Columbus Airport East
Comfort Suites East Broad at 270

Been to Hampton Inn Columbus Hamilton? Share your experiences!