“beautiful and comfotable”

Hilton Columbus at Easton
Ranked #14 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed August 7, 2010

As a Hilton HHonors member, I had earned several bonus nights due to travel for business this year. We stayed here on our way to a conference in Pittsburgh. The hotel is beautiful, spacious and elegant. Our room had a king size bed and a large bathroom. Bed was comfortable. Hotel is very close to shopping, dining and a movie theatre. Internet is free only in the lobby -- Gold level members will begin to get it free as of 9-1-10. Lounge on the club level was nice-- pleasant attendants and nice amenities. Cheese, crackers and hot wings, along with soft drinks and liquor were available in the evening. Fresh fruit, bagels, pastries and scrambled eggs were available for breakfast. Overall, a very nice hotel, but would never have paid te $249 rack rate for this property.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Christine G
Write a ReviewReviews (1,106)

Reviewed June 10, 2010

Very nice - very clean - excellent location for shopping, dinning and playing in Easton. Husband was at a conference and the kids and I played. We were all impressed. The decor was a bit stuffy and formal for our tastes but nicely done regardless (minus the somewhat scary paper that ran down the long corridors). Staff was very friendly and helpful. They offered our children and I early check-in and late check out to boot. The pool area was beautiful and well maintained. Hope we have the opportunity to visit again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I have stayed at the Columbus Easton Hilton a couple of times over the years. Overall I think it is one of the nicest hotels in Columbus. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I am a big fan of the huge bathroom and shower with nice strong water pressure. Also the towels weren't the typical thin cheap things you get at most hotels anymore, but thick and high quality. I did not interact much with the staff, but when I did they were polite and friendly.
That having been said I have a few negatives: One, I have to agree with the previous poster who said the place has gone down slightly over the years. I noticed that the rooms seem a little worn and could use an update. Except for the bathrooms, which are still really good.
My biggest complaint is the noise. As others have said, the noise carries into the room and I found it really annoying. You can hear eveything, every door that shuts, every conversation...everything. The walls must be paper thin.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2010

Much nicer hotel than we usually stay in, however, we wanted to stay at Easton Towne Center. Everything just beautful and outstanding. The kids loved the pool. As a family we would have enjoyed a small refrigerator and microwave, however, we understand why they don't have those. There were two restaurant and a Starbucks coffeee room.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2010

This is a fantastic hotel to stay in while visiting Columbus. Shops, restaurants, bars, etc. are just across the street. The room was clean and comfortable. Hotel staff was very friendly. If you don't mind spending the money you should definitely consider staying here.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2010

This hotel has a lot of pluses but I want to highlight one concern...this is a noisy property.

The corridors on each level are extremely long. Noise travels easily along them at all times of the day and night. I was constantly disturbed during the day while working in my room - the maids were chattering and laughing - it was very distracting. The walls are very thin too and there is a surprisingly big gap under the doors - just more opportunities for noise to travel. I was woken at around 4.15 by the guy delivering newspapers - he through the newspaper under the door and it made a loud sound as it landed on the marble entry way.

As a Diamond member I received access to the lounge but no room upgrade.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Our family of 5 stayed at the Hilton at Easton last weekend and it was amazing. We had an enormous room with a pull out couch. The front desk sent up a crib for our newborn without us even mentioning it. Our boys loved the heated pool. The breakfast was great both mornings and the staff was outstanding. This hotel is enormous and we took full advantage to let the boys explore while we sat around and talked in the many different seating areas.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family