“Don't Judge this Book by its Cover”

Hilton Columbus at Easton
Ranked #13 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed November 17, 2009

This place is absolutely beautiful on the outside..... The lobby, lounge area and restaurant are inviting and elegant at the same time. However, once you leave the public areas and get to your room, things change. I have a strange habit of sleeping on a small sliver of the bed even when I travel alone. I was moving pillows around on the left side of the bed when I noticed a large stain under them. The rest of the bed was fine so I just covered the spot back up with pillows and pretended it wasn't there. Aside from that, the bed was very comfy. The carpet in the room was dingy-looking and stained as well. It amazed me that they only offered wireless internet service in the lobby area, not in the rooms but I never did get it to work so it didn't matter. The fitness center/pool area was very nice. Plenty of cardio equipment and a separate weight room. We only had breakfast here but the food was good and there were plenty of choices. Aside from the front desk, the staff was wonderful. Most of them gave a smile and a hello even if you were just walking by. Front desk staff was not very helpful.... I told them about the wireless service not working and they just acted like I didn't know how to use my own computer.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Cinnamom
There are newer reviews for Hilton Columbus at Easton

Reviewed September 8, 2009

I travel throughout the Midwest and find myself in Columbus very often. Whenever possible, I try to stay at this hotel. Yes - it is a little pricey. But the property is well-staffed, the rooms are very nice and the dining is very good value.

Also, the proximity to the Easton Center (across the street) makes this a great place to stay if you're traveling on business with a companion, or if you find yourself with some down-time. There is all kinds of great shopping, restaurants and bars at Easton.

This property is also very close to the Columbus Intl Airport.

Looking forward to my next trip there in a few months!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2009

While the location is great, my room wasn't very clean and I was right next door to a room they were doing construction on. Those were minor problems, but my cell phone was stolen from my room and the Hitlon's response was that I couldn't prove it was stolen. For the same amount of money, you can stay in the vacintiy and not wonder if the items that were left in your room will be there when you return.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank WWTraveler088
Reviewed July 29, 2009

My husband and I traveled with friends and used our Hilton Honor points for a night at Easton, a nice outdoor shopping center with some nice restaurants in the area. Our bed was very comfortable, and the room was clean and well appointed. Didn't bring a laptop so I can't comment on wireless.

Ate breakfast at the hotel as there really wasn't much in the shopping area. For $13.95 buffet, the breads were cold and the fruit consisted only of two or three things, and they were not appetizing. Omelet has so much cheese that I had to pick it out and eat around it (I requested light cheese but I don't think the omelet cook understood what I was saying). The breakfast at the Embassy Suites in Dublin (also in Columbus) is better. I think that all hotels should provide at least a continental breakfast.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2009

My boyfriend and I have stayed several times and keep coming back for romantic weekends. The staff is great, and the decor is very beautiful. My only complaint, ( and I've complained to management) is that the temperature of the pool water is so cold that you hardly ever see anyone in it. The pool area is elegantly decorated, we would love to spend time in it, but the water is very cold. its too bad hotel guest can't enjoy it.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I stayed at the Hilton Easton because I had a job interview the next day in Columbus. The company I was interviewing with suggested the area because of its proximity to Easton Mall. The location was fantastic. We were able to walk over and have dinner and drinks that evening. That part was great. The thing I had the biggest problem with is that Hilton charges you to use the wireless internet at the hotel. We paid a reduced rate for the hotel through a AAA discount, but if we were paying full price, I would have been seriously peeved to have to pay for the internet. You could plug into the high speed wall unit for free, but I'm a bit spoiled and like to have my computer somewhere else in the room besides the desk. We opted NOT to pay for internet and just go without. We were only there for one night, so that's my quick review. The place looked great and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2009

We had to change rooms since our "premier" room was the size of what you'd expect in a Motel 6. The "upgrade" cost us another $100 per night. We felt that the online reservation was misleading. Our bill was incorrect, (charged 3 x for the same thing) so we had to spend more time at the front desk in the morning.

The hotel is beautiful on the outside & in the lobby. Unfortunately, the rooms leave quite a bit to be desired. I was surprised that Hilton does not offer WiFi. With 2 new hotels on the opposite side of Easton, we'll stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple