“Nice Hotel but Pricey”

Ranked #13 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Springfield, MO
“Nice Hotel but Pricey”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I stay here periodically with work. I typically rotate with this hotel for Easton, a different chain near Polaris, and one in Hutchinson area. (I think that's what it's called). Anyway, the location is the best, in my opinion. I love that I have a plethora of restaurants to choose from each night as well as all the good shopping. If I'm staying for a longer stay, I do prefer this hotel over others. The last few times, I was upgraded to the Club floor which was surprising because I had "lost" my gold status with Hilton. I was "silver". While I was "gold" I never got on the Club floor.....Nothing out of the unusual--there is the lounge with an honor bar (it is much cheaper than the sports bar or the lobby bar). They serve just finger food/snacks and it varies in quality nightly. I do like I can get a large coffee on my way out in the morning so I don't have to stop on the way to office.

The rooms are all the same from my experience. I have always had a King. Same on every floor, just different views of either Easton or the road on the backside. Quiet hotel, never had a problem. I do love the beds.

The internet is the worse and the club lounge does not have wifi. I had to use the ethernet cable in my room, which was a pain in the rear (and it is not free with the standard rates). There was not an ethernet cable in the club lounge either, and now that I think about it, I don't know if I saw a computer for use there either.

I'll continue to stay here periodically. The price is about $50 more a night than the other hotel choices that I use in other locations around the city. The sports club is typically accomodating and they do have some comfortable areas for a small gathering of folks.

Room Tip: Ensure you book with your Hilton Honors #
2 Thank reney313

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Stayed here for a wedding. Check-in was a bit backed up and they didn't have the right room but it was fixed in a couple of minutes. The room is average, but clean and spacious. Was surprised that there wasn't a refrigerator in the room. They did have some available upon request, but with the hotel being sold out was not able to get one. Most hotels at this level have one in the room. Our remote wasn't working upon arrival but within 5 minutes of calling guest services, a new one was brought to the room. The hotel staff are top-notch and are very helpful. All the stores and restaurants within walking distance made this a wonder location.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RyleesMom
Columbus, OH
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stay here about 3 or 4 times per year for conferences and it is always excellent. In fact, I don't think I've ever had one complaint or disappointment with this establishment, and that's unusual for me and hotels! My first job at 14 was cleaning hotel rooms, so I know what to look for and I know what clean is ... very few hotels exceed my expectations, but this place does!

Nice, quiet bar in the lobby. Sports bar at the other end is fun and rowdy at times. Food is good even with room service. Service here is always excellent at the front desk as well.

1 Thank HayOhio
Addison, Texas
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The hotel is in need of renovation. The fitness center is far too small for the size of the property but you can get a $10 pass for the excellent independent fitness center nearby. May very good restaurants within walking distance - all better choices than the hotel's outlets.

Room Tip: The Club Floor is not worth the premium charged.
1 Thank TTGG
Cleveland
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I stayed here for a conference and was very happy with the size of the rooms, cleanliness of the hotel and extremely friendly staff. The facilities for the conference were excellent. The rooms were very comfortable and nicely appointed. The location is outstanding - Easton Center is an awesome place to walk around and shop and eat. The self-parking at the hotel was easy and free. They even treat the mirror in the bathroom so that a section doesn't fog up after your shower - very cool. One night there were some noisy guests out in the hallway at midnight, but I guess you get that anywhere. The breakfast buffet in the restaurant was very reasonably priced and delicious. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Frink1234
Huber Heights, Ohio
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Now this is the finest hotel we've visited! Stayed for a weekend getaway. I've stayed at a lot of Hilton's and this by far is the best. The room was perfect, the room service was very delicious and more than we expected, and the staff was friendly and helpful. You will enjoy the pool too. The Easton Mall is just past the parking lot. It's all the shopping you'd ever need. Enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the Mall.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Star-time
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 29, 2011

The hotel is very nice, looks very new and the rooms feel clean and new. The location is also very good at the Easton shopping area, within walking distance to many restaurants and stores.

The only negative is that the internet service is terrible! It's expensive (about $10) and terribly slow. (The internet service at the Columbus airport (free wireless) was actually faster!)

If internet access is not a priority for you, this is definitely a good hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business