All reviewscolumbus airportfull kitchenbreakfast and dinnerbasketball courtbedroom suitefire pitshuttle serviceevening receptionbreakfast staffother hotelscomplimentary breakfastwould recommend this hotel to anyonegreat place to stayhot tubgreat roomstaff was very friendly and helpfulbeds were very comfortable
Reviewed November 9, 2010

I chose this hotel because of the whirlpool tub and the fireplace. It was priced accordingly, until i stayed in the room. The website claimed that the beds were plush and comfortable. They were not comfortable at all. The room seemed small to me for the money. The windows did open, which was a plus, but once I got it opened, i couldn't get it to shut. There was no instructions on what to do with the dirty dishes, as the room had a dishwasher. I was not told to run the dishwasher or not. And I most certainly did not want to be charged for 2 dirty glasses. The tv in the living room had a lot of static and the tv's were plasma. About 2-3am the room down the hall had music playing really loud. I tried to call the front desk, but to no avail. The front desk did not answer the phone. I tried 3 times to call. When we checked in, I had to ask the gentleman how to get to my room. He did not know!! I think that was his first night working there. I was so very disappointed at the game room. No games. There was a ping pong table, but you couldnt play because the side of the game table was against the wall and there was only about 2 feet on either end. Impossible to play ping pong with hitting your elbows on the walls. We were not told of any ice machines, snacks, etc and the room did not have a book or info paper with this information. Had I not read the website, I would have not known of the free breakfast. For almost $300 a night, the room seemed small to me. The whirlpool had pieces of paper, hair and much dust, sorta like drywall dust, in the tub. I had to rinse it out before we could use it. The shower water pressure was terrible!! Although, the water quality was very soft and that was a plus for me. I was sent a survey via email in regards to my stay. I answered very honestly. I was surprised that I had rec'd a return phone call back, but I was not home and the lady left me a message, but without her name and she did not call me back. After I answered their email survey, i then saw where Homewood guarantee's that you are 100% happy or money back. I was not told this when I checked in. I was granted a late check out. I would have liked to have been told about their property, where to eat, what to do, etc. I only knew about the "game room" because I had read on the internet and I had to walk past it to get to the elevators. Oh, very nasty . . walking to my room before I had gotten even 20 ft from the check in desk, I saw a male guest with a couple friends walking down the hall, and they did not have shoes on!! How very nasty and disgusting!!! That man should have at least had slip-on shoes or even house slippers on.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sll115
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Our spacious and immaculately clean room with hot tub was perfect. The free continental breakfast was very good with the usual hot and cold selections and spacious, cozy breakfast room. However, staff began hauling it all away a few minutes before the end time. The location is great, a few exits to Easton Mall and downtown. Our only complaint was the absent personalities of the front desk clerk upon check-in and another one upon check-out. We tried to ask for a few recommendations and wondered where the nearest drugstore was and we felt like were disturbing the clerk. A welcoming genuine smile goes a long way and please dont tell us about your depressing life circumstances...not the place and time for that. Overall, we of course would stay there again unless our service experience was repeated.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2010

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel and it was wonderful! The King size bed was in a different room then the living/kitchen area with a door between. (very nice for traveling with kids!) The kitchen was great, with all the utensils and cookware we needed to make meals. The bar/table area was also very nice to have. The couch folded out to a bed and we still had room for our baby's pack n play to fit. The tv's were big flatscreens, and the DVD player in the living room was a wonderful extra! Bathrooms were great with the sink and mirror area seperate from the toilet and shower room. There was a big closet, laundry service, great wi-fi, adjustable thermostat (nice plus as apposed to the window units). I couldn't have asked for more! The breakfast was also very nice! There was the usual cold foods, but also scrambled eggs, sausage and hashbrowns. The service was great - the lady at breakfast even insisted we take extra fruit and muffins with us each day for snacks.
I will say though that this is obviously a hotel used mostly by business travelers. In our 3 days there we never saw another family with children, which doesn't make sense to me because it is perfect for families! I'm not sure what there regular price is, but we got a great deal for this room during a summer sale they were having through their website. If you can get that again, you can't beat the value!
This hotel was VERY clean and well maintained. Others have mentioned the airport being close but we never heard a thing in the room. Only when we went outside did we notice the sound and how close they were flying.
We were there to go to the Columbus Zoo which is on the other side of town (about 25 minutes away) so the location wasn't great, but well worth it to have all the extras in the room!
The only negative I can say was about the indoor "heated" pool. It was too cold to enjoy at all. But I think that is a common issue with hotel pools.
Overall I absolutely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Being veterans of countless 4-H competitions at Ohio State Fair over the past 15 years, we have stayed at many motels and suite motels in Greater Columbus. This Homewood Suites near the airport is now our favorite. We had a two queen bed suite. The bedroom was behind a solid door, and was spacious, quiet and very comfortable. The large vanity and seperate bathroom were off this bedroom. The living area was large, with a pull-out sofabed and a good-size galley kitchen, with table and two chairs on one end. The kitchen was adequately stocked if we had wanted to cook/dine there. Our room had free wifi and hook-up internet access and two flat-screen TVs, and a DVD player. Everything was in great shape and very clean. Comfortable beds were a big plus at the end of a busy day at the fair. This location has indoor pool, sauna and workout room, outdoor basketball court, lovely courtyard with tables and a gazebo off the large breakfast area, business center with internet, printer and fax. Free breakfast was both hot and cold, nothing great, but with a great variety. Mon-Thurs guests are also offered a free supper. We did not hear any airplane noises. Staff was welcoming and helpful. The location is close to many activities in Columbus, and just off 670. Our family will definitely return to this Homewood Suites on our next Columbus overnight.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2009

This is a typical Homewood Suite. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast and evening meal were very good and the rooms were very quiet. This hotel is very close to the Columbus airport. Sometimes during the day you could hear the slight sound of an airplane but we were NEVER disturbed while trying to sleep. We will definitely stay there the next time we are in Columbus.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple