All reviews columbus airport full kitchen breakfast and dinner basketball court bedroom suite fire pit shuttle service evening reception other hotels breakfast staff complimentary breakfast would recommend this hotel to anyone great place to stay hot tub great room staff was very friendly and helpful beds were very comfortable
Reviewed December 27, 2008

An overall great place to stay. I was very impressed with the condition of the hotel and assumed it had been recently remodeled. I was surprised to find from the shuttle driver that the hotel was about 8 years old. Everything was fresh and clean.
The hotel is very close to the airport which means it is not close to downtown or entertainment. A bonus, for those without a car, is the shuttle will pick you up at the airport and during the day will drive you to places as long as they are within a few miles of the hotel. They will also pick you up at the end of the day if you make arrangements. Breakfast was good. The evening reception is a bonus but I don't see it as a substitute for dinner. A note to those without a car.... there are very dinner food options within walking distance and there are pretty much no sidewalks and if walking in the street you need to pay attention to traffic as I don't think they are used to pedestrians on the nearby roads. I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 30, 2008

We are a family of five (husband, wife, children ages 5,6,10) and were in Columbus to visit relatives. We also had staying with us in our suite (2 bedroom/2 bath, living room w/sofa bed, and sofa) the grandparents. The room was a little pricey but well worth it due to the cleaniness, the indoor pool, the breakfast buffet (pretty good quality and selection), and the location was near our ultimate destination. As to the location, some travelers may freak out because you may drive through a little economically depressed part of Columbus. I wasn't afraid but some travelers may just have a cow because some of the homes are a little less maintained and etc. However, this section is small and the road is safe and a rather old-monied part of the town abutts this area. The staff were friendly and there was an evening food bar with beer from 5 to 7 p.m. which we weren't able to fit in. I had no issue with the layout of the hotel. The ice machine is on the first floor which isn't a big deal. Our kids enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi. All of us had nice stay. The beds were comfortable. The shower pressure was a little low but whatever. The kitchen had enough cooking equipment and was clean. TVs in all the rooms with cable. A dvd and vcr in the living room.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2008

Arrived at like 9pm. Only one person at the desk, which also serves as a mini beverage center, so there was plenty for 2 people to do. Layout of hotel is maze-like, at the very least. We had two rooms, on two different floors, and it was a twisty confusing walk to each.

Upon arriving at the room, the bedroom is larger than the kitchen/living room, which is odd, as I feel its kind of wasted space. I'd rather it was the other way around.

Free dinner and drinks from 5-7pm and breakfast in the mornings. We arrived too late for dinner, and then left too quickly for breakfast.

This ended up being an extended stay type property, and from the ones I've stayed in, it is the nicest of that class that I've enjoyed.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 11, 2008

My husband and I stayed here for one night to catch an early flight the next morning. I'm usually a bit leary of airport hotels - but I knew we would be rushed so I chose this place.

I was extremely impressed. This was the first night of a six night/six different hotels stay - and this was by far the best! The front desk staff was extremely nice, the place was very clean... Everything was well stocked. The pool area looked nice. We didn't get to stay for breakfast. My husband was very happy with the OSU Buckeye theme present throughout the lobby... I highly recommend this Homewood Suites. There were a couple fast food restaurants next door - I don't recall which ones.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2008

Just stayed for one night. Shocked that venue is 7 years old! Looks brand new--everything fresh & clean. Free airport shuttle is a plus as is the complimentary breakfast. We missed the Manager's Evening gathering. Am Hilton Honors--don't know if that had anything to do with it but we got a lovely upgrade after booking one queen double to a 2 bedroom suite. Couldn't have been better. Everyone was friendly-nice pool, sauna & jacuzzi though didn't have time to use it. Business center a great plus for checking emails and printing boarding passes.

Wish they were all like this and for much less than most of the other hotels were at the time!

Stayed: February 2008