New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #51 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Plenty of space”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I ended up sharing a two bedroom, two bath suite with a colleague. Both rooms were spacious, and it was nice to chat over a cup of tea at the end of the night. And we saved over $100. The snacks in the evening were good, as was the breakfast. The food was nothing special, but plentiful and fresh. Great location for us - the customer was very close.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Adrienne F, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I hope you felt at home. We can’t wait to welcome you home again soon!

614-428-8800

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My friend and I couldn't have asked for a nicer place to stay. Everything in the room worked, it was always clean at the end of the day, the staff was FABULOUS (very friendly and helpful)... and, considering this was an "airport" hotel, it was very quiet. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

This was the only one available on a week night since I booked last minute. It could have been a bit cleaner. The man at the front desk was nice. We had to change rooms and he was helpful with that. I guess you can only expect so much when staying close to an AirPort. Next time I will try to book the other Homewood suites.

Stayed June 2014
Adrienne F, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Airport, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback; We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Homewood Suites is my favorite Hilton brand, followed closely by Embassy Suites. This Homewood just didn't live up to my knowledge of the brand. When we checked in the desk clerk was in training, so I can't fault them for that, but they didn't have the "welcome home" kind of attitude I expected. They did not tell me about the breakfast, 24 hour convenience shop, or any other amenities at the hotel. There was a sign on the pool saying the whirlpool was not working, but they never mentioned it. It was more of a "here are your keys" vibe. Once I entered the room I always have to check that it is feather and down free because of allergies. The comforter and 3 of 5 pillows were feather. I called to the front desk and she told me that they didn't have any pillows that weren't feather in the entire hotel. Which first is a really strange thing to say, and secondly was a lie. Then she said there were no extra pillows in the hotel. They were able to bring me two strange smelling regular blankets for the bed for which I was grateful.

After dinner we noticed there was no privacy sign on the door, so I called down to request one. After about 10 minutes I went downstairs to talk to the desk clerk. His name was Spencer and he totally changed my perception of the service at this hotel. He was amazing. Quickly responsive he located pillows, a privacy sign, and checked the functionality of the whirlpool for us. He apologized for the service we received to that point and he was the reason I did not contact the property regarding their Suite Assurance Guarantee. Spencer should be commended for repairing the impression of this property in my one 10 minute discussion with him. He was personable and cared about the guest experience. I hope someone from the property reads this because he made a huge difference to our stay.
Other than that: parking was plentiful and safe, the breakfast was reliable, the sign for the whirlpool it seems was used to control the pool area, not because the whirlpool was really broken. The rooms have DVD players, and rentals are available at the desk. There is an amazing Waffle House around the corner if you miss the hotel breakfast.

If this was any other chain I would have said the stay was as good as it could get, but I hold Homewood to a higher standard. Spencer met and exceeded my expectations, and I hope he is valued for that.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had never stayed at one of these hotels before so we were surprised at how nice it was. We checked out all the reviews and decided there were way more good ratings than bad and I'm glad we did. We have a child and he loved staying out in the living room by himself with his own tv and we loved the privacy of the bedroom and how wonderfully comfortable the bed and pillows were. The only complaint we had was that the hot tub wasn't working, but you would have thought the pool was the hot tub. It was extremely hot. Not refreshing at all. Other than that our stay was great. We also took the advice of others in staying on the top floor for quiet and we had no problems with noise. My son also loved watching the planes fly over us all day. My husband says we are only staying at Homewood Suites every time we are in Columbus to visit family.

1 Thank Correne M

Chillicothe, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

The only reason we stayed here was because we wanted 2 separate bedrooms. While several hotels offer suites in the area, this was the only one in close proximity to the airport that offered a living room, small kitchen and 2 bedrooms.

The hotel was simply okay. Average at best. Nothing incredibly wrong with it and nothing special. It could use a modern renovation as it seems dated. The beds were springy and I do not like springy beds. I was hoping for some plush bedding, but they were the average springy kind.

The front desk was kind and helpful. I had to leave for the airport at 430am. Since there was no shuttle, the hotel scheduled and paid for a cab ride. I thought that was very nice.

Besides the average beds, the room seemed pleasant, complete with a fireplace. But nothing too special here either.

I didn't eat here.

The only benefit of this hotel was the 2 separate bedrooms.

1 Thank blt3116

Rockingham, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Convenient to many places and so close to the airport. We were able to get to German Village, Easton, and OSU. it made an easy morning being able to get to the airport on a Monday AM without hassle and being able to sleep as long as possible.