“Nice clean Quiet Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Airport
Ranked #47 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
“Nice clean Quiet Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed here in May for a concert. Hotel and staff were great. We used the kitchen every night for dinner and ate the breakfast in the mornings. Stayed for three days and would definitely stay here again. Hotel was very clean and quiet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Adrienne F, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
I just wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I hope you felt at home. We can’t wait to welcome you home again soon!

Homewood Columbus Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Seville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I always reserve non smoking rooms because I have a very strong reaction to cigarette smoke. Upon entering room I immediately smelled the cigarette smoke and asked to be moved to a non smoking room(which I had reserved). I was told my room was non smoking and there were no other rooms to move to because they were booked for the week. I went back to the room and opened the outside windows to clear the smoke smell and then found three ash trays in the bedroom night stand. They reeked of smoke. I called and reported this and that there was smoke smell still very strong in the room. I was told again that there was nothing could be done. I ended up with irritated bloodshot eyes(which my clients noticed and commented on) and got a sore throat from breathing in the smoke smell that was in all the furniture and room. Very disappointed in being put in the smoking room and the unwillingness of the hotel to fix the issue.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars

2 Thank R Wayne P
Adrienne F, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Airport, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

adrienne.fenorchito@hilton.com
614-428-8800
Jackson, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Very nice hotel-exceeded my expectations. Will not plan to use shuttle service again. We waited at airport over one hour for a 5 minute shuttle ride to the hotel. The hotel uses taxi service for the shuttle service and it is extremely slow. I called the hotel 4 times to resolve the issue

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. It is our goal at Homewood Suites to make you feel at home and provide excellent service. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we take our commitment to our Suite Assurance Guarantee very seriously. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.

adrienne.fenorchito@hilton.com
614-428-8800
Hollister, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed here for several days to a week. I think it is an amazing value for the comfort, cleanliness and service that you get. The staff quickly met all our requests, the space is comfortable for 3, way better than queen beds in a single room. we had a family barbeque for 8 on a rainy evening under the gazebo that was facilitated by the maintenance men who turned on the gas early for us. A really comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Susan R

Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Travelled up to Columbus the afternoon of 6 May and stayed in the Airport Homewood suites for the evening. Great job Homewood! Easy check-in, manager's afternoon appetizers, a USA Today to read, clean room, comfortable, "quite"! Yay! Nice breakfast! Have nothing bad to say! Bed was very comfortable! Double yay! Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Scott H
Appleton, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

This trip was doomed from the moment I checked in. I had reserved a non smoking room but they had me in a smoking room and I had to a\pay $50 a night more for a non-smoking room. The next day I needed a ride to a hotel that was about 2 blocks from Homewood Suites. It was raining so I asked for a ride. They could not find the keys to the van. The only umbrella they had was broken. As soon as I arrived at the hotel, I realized that I had left my charger --- my fault I know. I called right away and asked if I should walk back (in the rain). They said no, they would put it with my luggage in storage. End of day-- head to hotel-- no charger. We looked for an hour in every closet and houskeeping cart. The staff member who helped me was amazing. I had a ride waiting for me to take me to Cincinnati. So I left. We arrived in Cincinnati and they called saying they found my property. But I had to drive all the way back to Columbus to get it. When I arrived, the front desk was pretty rude. Called Guest Services and wrote to Hilton Honors. The only response I got back was that they were sorry that my property was not found and that I should claim it on insurance.
I love Hilton and am Gold/almost Diamond. But not sure what to do now.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a non smoking room and confirm it.