“Location, value, and amenities make this a good choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Airport

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Airport
Ranked #50 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Location, value, and amenities make this a good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Conveniently located just outside of the CMH airport and providing free shuttle service, this is a good choice for the traveler who wants good value and amenities and a location near the airport. A nightly beer and wine reception with light snacks / light dinner combined with the "free" (included) breakfast makes for a good stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

1 Thank DLPlatinum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dunwoody, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

We began staying here at least 15 years ago, so we've watched it's progress for a long time. We've been there at least 20 times. The hotel is convenient to the airport, downtown, Easton and Bexley, our family's home. The staff is friendly, considerate and quick to respond. The hotel appears to update worn furniture and carpet, so you never feel that you are staying at a "dated" hotel. The indoor pool, hot tub and attached areas are extremely clean, even on weekend where there are a lot of families staying.
We like having a kitchen, which we usually use for leftover food from restaurants, water and yogurt! We have priced The Embassy Suites and the nearby Marriott Hotel, and we always seem to go back to the Homewood Suites!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I travel a fair bit on business and have come to really appreciate the Homewood Brand. Great service, perks, and the little things that do, indeed, make it feel like home.

Unfortunately, this hotel didn't quite make the mark. It was clean enough, the location is great with easy on/easy off freeway access, and the fitness center was top notch. Unfortunately, the service really was what made me give this place only an "average" rating...

The staff seems thoroughly disinterested in really going above and beyond, which is usually the norm at Homewood. Additionally, this property screwed up my check out date and I had multiple key card issues. Again, I was more of a bother to help (or at least that's what it felt like). I had this experience with the front desk, kitchen, and housekeeping staffs, so it's not my imagination.

Again, Homewood usually stands out in a very crowded Extended Stay market. Not this time... Unfortunate.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
SOUTH JORDAN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Property has easy access to freeways and only 10 minutes from downtown. Enjoyed the room in each unit and having the kitchen area. Room was clean and up to date. Staff was helpful with the minor needs I had. Would stay there again on a Columbus OH trip.

Room Tip: Have dinners Monday through Thursday
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

The hotel was clean, the front office staff was friendly and personable. The room was clean and all the amenities were where they should be. We needed not to bother the maids. The meal service was great and the staff was friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Stanfordville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

This was my first stay at a Homewood Suites property. I had made a reservation for my boyfriend and I to stay for the weekend; I was flying in from NY. When all my flights were cancelled and I realized I wouldn't make it I called the hotel and spoke to Omar who was very helpful in putting him on the reservation and allowing him to check in for us.
When I finally did arrive the next morning, I was very impressed with the property. The lobby was nice, the hallways and elevator were very clean. It is near the airport and next to several other hotels.

Our room and Jacuzzi were spotless. Everything worked. It was cozy and inviting and we loved the full kitchen. The bed was very comfortable, towels plentiful and the fireplace made for a romantic time.

We had to squeeze a full weekend into 1 night and used the pool and sauna. The hot tub by the pool was being worked on, but that was not a big deal. I didn't really interact with the staff other than checking in and out, but they were pleasant.

The only thing I would suggest is for them to provide dish washing liquid and dish towesl so you don't need to run the dishwasher for only a few cups and plates. We only used the kitchen to make a light breakfast, but had our plans worked out, we easily could have made a full meal in it. We didn't try the breakfast, but from the people that were there, it looked like they were enjoying it.
The hotel is pricey, but par with the area and other hotels with fireplace jacuzzi suites and full kitchens. I wish I could have spent both nights there!
All in all, I enjoyed the hotel and the stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dunwoody, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is the second Homewood Suites I've stayed at in the Columbus Metro Area. The one in Upper Arlington puts this one to shame. I stayed here for convenience sake, but it was evident from the time I walked in the door that this was a bad choice. Here are my issues:

1. Customer Service - mediocre at best. The front desk lady was standing there with five of us waiting to check in at 1:30pm (we knew there was a possibility that we couldn't get our rooms this early). The first thing she says to all five of us: "you aren't trying to check in, are you?!!?" Not a hello, welcome to Homewood Suites...not a nothing.

2. Cleanlienss - this is a major issue here. This place needs a major remodel and clean job. It looks like every left over printed fabric and wall paper from every Homewood Suites was dumped into this place. It is very clear this place is dated, old, and not clean. I had several issues in the bathroom (see pictures) to include a dirty shower head, hair in the shower, stains on the carpet, and a generally unclean space. It looks like the housekeeper comes in and just makes the bed and replaces towels. In their defense, after I mentioned the filthy shower head, I received a completely new shower head same day.

3. Payment for alcohol - the servers told a guest that each glass of beer and wine is $1 and that it was required by state law. THIS IS COMPLETE BS. The other HS I stayed at in Upper Arlington absolutely did not make you pay for alcohol. They simply checked ID and poured it for you. Here, you had to pour your own and pay for it.

4. Hot tub was broken and so was pool - several times during my two day stay, the pool was shut down. The Hot tub never did open.

I just can't imagine wasting money on this hotel again. I will make the extra drive and stay somewhere else. My in-state business associates made it clear that we were staying in a super shady part of town with many deceptive characters. Not really a place I want to stay as a single woman in a city I know nothing about.

If it were me, I'd just raze this hotel and start over.

Room Tip: Ask to stay awa from the parking lot side.