“Great room, Jacuzzi and facilities”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Airport
Ranked #48 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This was my first stay at a Homewood Suites property. I had made a reservation for my boyfriend and I to stay for the weekend; I was flying in from NY. When all my flights were cancelled and I realized I wouldn't make it I called the hotel and spoke to Omar who was very helpful in putting him on the reservation and allowing him to check in for us.
When I finally did arrive the next morning, I was very impressed with the property. The lobby was nice, the hallways and elevator were very clean. It is near the airport and next to several other hotels.

Our room and Jacuzzi were spotless. Everything worked. It was cozy and inviting and we loved the full kitchen. The bed was very comfortable, towels plentiful and the fireplace made for a romantic time.

We had to squeeze a full weekend into 1 night and used the pool and sauna. The hot tub by the pool was being worked on, but that was not a big deal. I didn't really interact with the staff other than checking in and out, but they were pleasant.

The only thing I would suggest is for them to provide dish washing liquid and dish towesl so you don't need to run the dishwasher for only a few cups and plates. We only used the kitchen to make a light breakfast, but had our plans worked out, we easily could have made a full meal in it. We didn't try the breakfast, but from the people that were there, it looked like they were enjoying it.
The hotel is pricey, but par with the area and other hotels with fireplace jacuzzi suites and full kitchens. I wish I could have spent both nights there!
All in all, I enjoyed the hotel and the stay.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is the second Homewood Suites I've stayed at in the Columbus Metro Area. The one in Upper Arlington puts this one to shame. I stayed here for convenience sake, but it was evident from the time I walked in the door that this was a bad choice. Here are my issues:

1. Customer Service - mediocre at best. The front desk lady was standing there with five of us waiting to check in at 1:30pm (we knew there was a possibility that we couldn't get our rooms this early). The first thing she says to all five of us: "you aren't trying to check in, are you?!!?" Not a hello, welcome to Homewood Suites...not a nothing.

2. Cleanlienss - this is a major issue here. This place needs a major remodel and clean job. It looks like every left over printed fabric and wall paper from every Homewood Suites was dumped into this place. It is very clear this place is dated, old, and not clean. I had several issues in the bathroom (see pictures) to include a dirty shower head, hair in the shower, stains on the carpet, and a generally unclean space. It looks like the housekeeper comes in and just makes the bed and replaces towels. In their defense, after I mentioned the filthy shower head, I received a completely new shower head same day.

3. Payment for alcohol - the servers told a guest that each glass of beer and wine is $1 and that it was required by state law. THIS IS COMPLETE BS. The other HS I stayed at in Upper Arlington absolutely did not make you pay for alcohol. They simply checked ID and poured it for you. Here, you had to pour your own and pay for it.

4. Hot tub was broken and so was pool - several times during my two day stay, the pool was shut down. The Hot tub never did open.

I just can't imagine wasting money on this hotel again. I will make the extra drive and stay somewhere else. My in-state business associates made it clear that we were staying in a super shady part of town with many deceptive characters. Not really a place I want to stay as a single woman in a city I know nothing about.

If it were me, I'd just raze this hotel and start over.

Room Tip: Ask to stay awa from the parking lot side.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

The quality of the food at breakfast was poor, almost bordering on inedible. I haven't seen such a cheap spread at a Homewood, unless the brand itself has changed this property was sub-par compared to other Homewood's I've visited.

The heater in my room wasn't functioning properly and the only option was to change rooms. Also, for 3 weeks the hot tub was closed and at times the pool was closed.

On weekends the clientele changes and certain areas of the hotel were loud and unruly at night.

During significant snow the parking lot was not adequately plowed.

Unless Homewood Suites has decined significantly recently, this property is sub-par.

Most of the staff seemed friendly.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Evan G
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I was not recognized as an Hilton Honors Member, the customer service of the front desk was poor, but the room was excellent. The Jacuzzi & swimming pool was out of order and the parking lot was a mess!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We shopped around and this was a competitively priced deal. This hotel is in great condition and is well maintained. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable. We were visiting our son at college and the location was very accessible.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I was expecting more from a hilton. The breakfast was sub-par (not even a waffle maker), the ham was cold and the fruit was not fresh. The heating system was horrible as it just blew cold air the entire evening. Also the check in staff had me sign a no-party clause and I was checking in at midnight with my daughter for a gymnastics meet the next day at 8am! I told the manager and still was appauled at having me sign this policy. I left the hotel at 7:30am the next day.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Where to start. . . Well first choose a different hotel to stay out. The only positive thing I can say is it is close to the airport. I had a reservation for a non smoking King room and checked in and they told me they had a queen smoking room. I asked about my reservation (made 3 weeks earlier) and they said were booked do you want to see if you can find another hotel? Then I got we could spray the room would that help? Every interaction with every employee at his hotel was terrible the room was sprayed and smelled like Fe breeze covering smoke. The toilet and sink were dirty. Just don't stay there unless you have too.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business