All reviewscolumbus airportfull kitchenbreakfast and dinnerbasketball courtbedroom suitefire pitshuttle serviceevening receptionother hotelsbreakfast staffcomplimentary breakfastwould recommend this hotel to anyonegreat place to stayhot tubgreat roomstaff was very friendly and helpfulbeds were very comfortable
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I have travelled to Columbus several times on business but I had not stayed at the Homewood Suites before. I am so glad I did.

The location was near the airport, although I did not notice a lot of noise from the incoming and outgoing flights. There isn't a lot near the hotel except other hotels, but it is located near Interstate 670 so you can get to quite a bit in a short time.

The hotel had sort of a lodge feel to it, which I liked. It had some good amenities such as a table tennis room (which was a bit too small), an indoor pool, a jacuzzi, a sauna, and a workout room (located on the second floor next to the business center). The breakfast area was rather large so I didn't feel like I was being crowded while I was eating. Color me impressed.

The room had a full kitchen, which I didn't fully utilize because I was only staying a couple of days. Had I been on a longer trip, this would have been great. The kitchen was fully stocked with glasses, plates, silverware, and cooking utensils.

I had a suite, which had a main room with a sofa and a television with a DVD player. The bedroom had a dresser/desk with a large screen television.

If I get the opportunity to return, I would gladly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Pros: Clean room, comfortable bedding, no major airport noise, quick places to eat around the property and a rare sighting of a basketball court on the property.

Cons: small room size (considering the other suite type of hotels we stay at), very cold pool temps, HORRIBLE breakfast options and Hours only to 9 not 10 like many other Hilton properties we have stayed at, as well as breakfast staff not friendly at all.

We plan on returning someday in the future to Columbus, but will look elsewhere for a nights rest.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2012

This hotel had a very accommodating person at check-in when I got there very late. The room was very clean and roomy and had wide screen TV's and all the extras you would want.

Room Tip: Go first floor for convenience.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AJDiamond
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I travel 42 to 45 weeks a year and stay at the Hilton chain unless they are full. I've had good and bad experiences at hotels around the country. I would put the Homewood Suites Columbus/Airport among the top hotels I have stayed in. The hotel is nice, centrally located close to the airport and easy to get to. The staff is friendly and extremely caring and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed here in order to pick my husband up at the airport for a late night flight. I accidently had a smoking room and the hotel could not move us. They put a filter fan in the room and it seemed to help. Otherwise, the room was nice and the staff was incrediable. I would stay again but book a non-smoking room.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family