All reviews columbus airport full kitchen breakfast and dinner basketball court bedroom suite fire pit shuttle service evening reception other hotels breakfast staff complimentary breakfast would recommend this hotel to anyone great place to stay hot tub great room staff was very friendly and helpful beds were very comfortable
Reviewed September 9, 2007

We booked a one bedroom suite with one King bed and pullout coach. Check in was quick and the clerk couldn't have nicer. Our room was 315 and very clean. The room had a kitchen which we didn't use. Just needed a place to sleep before an early morning flight. We did use the business center and had a few problems with the printer. It seemed that kids were in using the computer and the printer was all jammed with paper. We didn't have breakfast either. We left to early. The hotel was very clean and smelled good. It took us about 5 mintes to get to the airport. There are quite a few of these types of hotels in this area.
We booked on their website with AAA discount for $109.00
Would stay there again

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2007

My wife and I stayed here one night before flying out from the Columbus airport. The hotel appears to be fairly new and there are several other new hotels nearby. There isn't a lot of other amenities in the direct area, but these hotels were adjacent to the airport. The Homewood Suites was clean and the room had plenty of room.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2007

I realize that these hotels are geared for longer term stays, but the two bedfroom suites are also ideal for larger / extended families traveling together - even for short stays. So it was that we stayed at this hotel, as my wife, my mother in law and I were in Columbus for a wedding.

We arrived at the hotel at approximately noon and tried to check in. The room was not available, which is OK, and we were allowed to use a restroom to change for the wedding. Again, no problems.

We returned about 6 pm to check in, and everything was a mess. Somehow, our reservation had gotten fouled up and while we ultimately got the room and got everything straightened out, the front desk clerk mostly whined about the lady working earlier in the day. I had to specifically ask more than once to get him to return my Hilton Honors card. In the mess, he failed to program the room keys. So, after a long trip from the front desk to room 333, I had to walk back to the front desk to get the card key reprogrammed. With service like that, a treadmill in the fitness center is superfluous.

The rooms themselves are fine. One design flaw: the only light switch for the living room area is at the main room door - there should also be switches by each bedroom door. The windows open - a great plus, but negated by the fact there are no screens on the windows.

We had one mechanical problem - one of the alarm clocks did not work.

However, on the plus side, the hotel rooms and corridors were otherwise well maintained and showed no signs of wear and tear. My general experience at Homewoods and especially Residence Inns is that there are usually signs of excessive wear and tear.

The hotel is very near the airport, and we could hear planes taking off through out the night. Although the noise was not excessive, it was noticeable. The hotel is in addition, very convenient to downtown Columbus and Easton Town Center. However, the immediate neighborhood around the hotel appeared a bit dicey.

All that said, having a two bedroom suite is a wonderful option when traveling with small children or elderly family members. I would stay at this hotel again - hopefully with a better front desk experience.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2007

Stayed in hotel for a week, room was very nice, comfortable, and clean. Staff were all very pleasant. Had complimentary breakfast every morning, with hot and cold items, very good selections, you should not go away hungry. Had complimentary dinner (served Mon-Thurs), very good also, they had a menu in your room showing what was going to be served. The only thing we were a little disappointed about was the pool was too cold and the hot tub did not have enough bubbles, but still was nice to sit in. Would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pattiannj
Reviewed April 23, 2007

Normally I dont complain about hotels, but the hotel management practices here were probably the worst I have seen in a while - and I travel a lot. My biggest complaint was that the hotel was not even close to half full (maybe 12 cars in the parking lot) but for the sake of the cleaning staff (as I was told) they put a bunch of us in rooms right next to each other - instead of spreading people out every other room (like higher end hotels like the Hyatt does). This -coupled with thin room walls (so you could hear carrying on, TV, bathroom and bedroom doors closing) didnt make for the best experience for a business traveler versus the couple next to me who tended to stay up all night and sleep all day. Breakfast was OK, Evening meals were not the best. They did serve $1 beers.

Gym was small but not bad. Old - but Good eliptical machine and flat bench with dumbbells up to 35lbs.

There are 5 other hotels surrounding this one - if on business - it may be better to stay at those versus the "suites" which tend to draw more families and non-business types.

I was here for 2 weeks in April - and had to switch rooms - which helped out. Great hotel for families though with game room and office center for printing out directions to places

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business