All reviews sausage gravy room was clean front desk manager two night stay the breakfast area easy access convenient location motel cereal polaris television interstate
Reviewed April 25, 2016

This hotel was great. Traneesha and Tracie helped us during our stay and they both were amazing. Breakfast was great. Service was exceptional. Rooms were nice. No pool but knew that when we booked. Lots of restaurants near hotel. Had Jets deliver pizza and that was good too. I recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Chanel M, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2016

Kimberly,

Thank you for the positive review of the hotel and of Treneesha and Tracie. It is always a beautiful thing to read that the staff at the desk went above and beyond for our guests. I will be sure to share this review with all of the staff because this is a very proud moment for the Quality Inn and Suites Staff.

We hope that you return should your travels bring you back to the area. Thank you again for the positive review.

Reviewed April 20, 2016 via mobile

Walked in to your hotel around midnight, very tired from travel and was met by your night shift employee..Justin, smiling and asking what he could do for me. He was very cordial..quick to handle setting us up. (I did not have a reservation) He is a great representation of your company..especially being on the night shift and dealing with tired and probably sometimes grumpy customers..lol. You are very lucky to have him.
Our room said No Smoking but definitely smelled like cig smoke..
Breakfast was good, hot items plus normal cold items. But, the lids to the coffee cups did not fit!..lol.
Overall pleased with stay, would stay again and would suggest your hotel to anyone looking to stay in that area.
Thanks!
~April Foster

Trip type: Traveled with family

April,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to leave such a great review of the hotel and highlighting Justin and his great customer service. It is such a great thing to read and I am glad that you believe that he is such a great fit for our team as we all believe that as well. This review will be shared with the staff and I will be sure to make sure Justin is recognized.

Thank you again for your positive review and I hope that if your travels ring you back to this area that you stay with us again.

Reviewed April 10, 2016

I called in the day before we left Myrtle Beach for a hotel to split up our return to Northern Michigan. I had a coupon from one of the handouts at the rest areas and when I called I was told I would get the coupon rate when I arrived. After a 10 hour drive I arrived to have the night manager tell me they could not honor the coupon and that I would have to pay full price, which was $40 more than the coupon amount. Apparently if they have less than 20 rooms left they do not have to give the discount. The night manager, Gunner, told me contacted the manager, Chanel and that she would work with me in the morning. When I talked to her she said there was nothing she could do and that the coupon said based on availability. When I questioned why Justin (the person I had talked to when setting up the reservation) hadn't told me that she said she didn't know, he was aware of the issue. We spent the night in a small room listening to the people in the rooms next door and above us. I usually don't complain but this room was way overpriced and I didn't feel the issue was taken care of very well. In addition the breakfast room was packed, the room worn and tiny. I will say it was clean, I will give it that. Just be aware, don't expect a deal at this hotel.

Room tip: Don't stay in room 124, electrical room next door, right across from breakfast which is noisy.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Timothy M

Timothy,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you were not pleased with not being able to use your coupon on a night where the coupon rate was no longer available. To prevent this from happening again, my team has been retrained on how to handle calls in regards to coupon rooms. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel.

Reviewed April 5, 2016

We stayed here one night (2 rooms) while visiting OSU. The lobby is very attractive and check in was smooth. We had requested adjoining rooms but none were available so our rooms were next to each other. The kids' room was huge, probably because it was on a corner, with 2 windows. The other room was standard size. The walls must be thin as I could hear the person next door coughing. Also the heater was quite noisy, as they often are. We all slept well though.
Breakfast was the standard buffet fare, more healthy cold cereal options would have been nice (there were cheerios and fruit loops).
Gunner at the front desk was very friendly and helpful, printing out directions to a couple of area attractions for us.
I would probably stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Chanel M, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2016

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about Gunnar; however, we apologize that we were not able to meet all of your needs and exceed your expectations. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed March 30, 2016

The room was nice, the breakfast was great, and the front desk clerk was fantastic! After a long day of shopping and running into a detour, Treneesha guided me inch-by-inch to the hotel after I got lost. She was so friendly, kind, and comforting when I arrived as well!

Room tip: If you want to frequent the fitness room, ask for one near the front desk.
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that Treneesha was able to assist you and all of your needs. She is new to our team but is absolutely fantastic and your review just shows again what great team members we have on staff! Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.