“Not really a "Quality" Inn”

Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris
Ranked #79 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I got this hotel through Priceline which really doesn't check out their choices very good. It is an old Microtel, if you know what that means. The room was tiny and I mean tiny. I'm not claustrophobic, but this room made me that way. The tv was not flat panel, the wifi was decent and the room was outfitted well. The walls were so thin and there was loud talking going on next door. You could hear people walking above you. I wouldn't have stayed there on my own. The people at the front desk were wonderful. But I had a horrible stay.

Room Tip: Choose an upstairs room if people making noise above you is an issue.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Robyn T, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Hi Crystalman. My name is Robyn and I am the General Manager here at the Quality Inn & Suites. I apologize that your stay was not up to par. We try to inform all of our guests that our economy queen and queen size rooms are smaller but are also very comfy, and I guess you were not made aware. Please come back and visit us and I will make sure that you get a bigger room to accommodate your needs!

We look forward to seeing you back and thank you for the review!

Robyn

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The room was fine but the bath smelled like mildew. The room was a good size. There were no screens even though the window opened. Wasn't crazy about that either. Area is good for food and such but a lot of traffic and loud.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Julie, thank you for the review. We have tended to the screens and also the mildew smell. We were not aware until you commented! Thanks again and we hope to see you back very soon.

Robyn

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I don't know where to begin on this one. First, let me say that the front desk staff is very professional and extremely nice. Everyone we came into contact with was very friendly. So, my complaint is NOT with the staff. They're great! However, their friendliness and professionalism isn't enough to make up for the actual room we stayed in.

The hotel itself is yucky. It smelled very badly upon walking in the door and remained that way until the next day. Our particular room looked run down and nasty (dirty, dusty, stains everywhere etc.) The bed sheets were white and clean (thankfully). I could also tell that the bathroom had been cleaned. This hotel needs to be remodeled. It's in a very nice area, with nicer hotels around it. I do not know why Wyndam hasn't cleaned this one up! We paid WAY TOO MUCH to stay here for the one night we stayed. I did not try the breakfast food, because the atmosphere made me too sick to think about eating. I slept with my clothes on and checked out as soon as I could the next morning.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Deb I, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Dear Sunny M,

Thank you for your review. I am certainly disappointed by the lack of cleanliness you experienced in your guest room. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness, your experience falls way below our standards; Again I sincerely apologize and hope in the future you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Alie Morrison
Front Office Manager

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The price was right for our room because it was the smallest hotel room I had ever stayed in. It had one Double bed and barely enough room for 2 people to turn around. My husband had begun to feel claustrophobic by the 2nd day. It's in a good location, close to many good restaurants, and shopping. But a room this size is good for 1 person not 2. I did like the convenience of having a microwave and fridge. On our next trip we will definitely select a bigger room.

Room Tip: The single occupancy room with 1 bed is great for a business traveler staying for a couple days, but...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Delguy50,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments; it's our goal as a team to provide a relaxing and enjoyable experieince; as well as provide excellent hospitable service. I am elated to hear you enjoyed all the amenities offered to you as our guest. we look forward to seing you in the future.

Best Regards,

Alie Morrison
Front Office Manager

Reviewed December 11, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
1  Thank SHAWN S
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I have booked this hotel several times on line, but this recent incident was a first. I received a confirmed reservation from the Days Inn Hotels on line, four months ahead of my arrival date. The confirmation was for one king bedroom for a promotional rate of 25% off when booking 5 nights at a rate of $51.75USD. Examining my bill upon check out, the hotel had increased my room rate to $63.00 for two nights of my stay. I showed the desk clerk my reservation confirmation with the $51.75 rate quoted. The clerk informed me that the HOTEL MANAGEMENT HAD THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THE RATES AT THEIR DISCRETION. I complained that I had also confirmed the $51.75 rate for the stay when I checked in. A clear case of bait and switch! It took ten minutes of heated discussion with the manager on duty to argue that a confirmed rate means just that - confirmed! I won the argument, and received an immediate adjustment on my bill.
Two days later, I filed a complaint by phone and email with Days Inn's parent corporation-Wyndham Hotels Customer Care Unit. It's been a month, and I have yet to receive a response.

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room, away from the stairwell and elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Rob K
Deb I, Vice President at Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear Robb

The isssue you experienced has been on ongoing problem with Wyndham Hotels that we have been trying to resolve. The "Stay 5 get 25% off promo is offered off the daily rates of the hotel. Unfortunately the Wynham reservations system is having difficulty quoting this for guests. The promo is actually 25% off the hotel rate of the day and the rates do change especially on weekends. The Wynham reservations is supposed to quote the rates properly but has been unable to get it corrected. We have had to give mutiple refunds over the last several months and have been hoping that Wydham reservations will get this corrected.

We just wanted you to know that it is not bait and switch but rather a reservation problem with Wyndham. I am glad the clerk gave you the refund which is what they are supposed to do.

On December 6, 2012 our hotel will become a Quality Inn & Suites under the Choice umbrella. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed November 23, 2012