“Another great visit...”

Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris
Ranked #78 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Just returned home after a one night stay. This hotel could not be any better, especially for the price of $50 per night. They have free breakfast, a workout room, in-room safes, mini fridge, microwave, hair dryer, cookie and coffee in the lobby, and some of the nicest staff you will ever encounter. The king sized room was exceptionally quiet and immaculate. I always turn down the bedding and check the mattress, pad, etc. It was all perfect and obviously pretty new. This hotel is so close to everything - highway, restaurants, Polaris shopping, etc. I like the television being up in the corner of the room so you can see it from the bed and nothing blocks your view. BTW - I personally contacted the person who said there were bugs at this hotel - he/she had ONE BITE and could not verify any bugs.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the parking lot so there is nothing to choose really.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank allaboutcomfort
Deb I, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2012

We are very fortunate to have a great location close to multiple restaurants within walking distance. Polaris is only ten minutes away and the IMAX theatre is directly behing our hotel.
We appreciate guests like you who take the time to recognize us. Our staff truly makes every effort to go above and beyond in providing great customer service.
A hotel is only as good as the staff who provides services. We thank you for taking the time to recognize their hard work! Thank you Mary Crooks, General Manager

Reviewed October 26, 2011

First off the process for check-in was not even good, the staff were frustrated that the key machine was down, they were fully booked for a conference and I believe they were having boiler issues as well. In all that was going on they failed to recognize guest that approached the desk, even if it was to say please wait a moment. When I finally got my room key, I was never directed which way to find my room and i had to pardon my way and interupt the staff who was helping a guest. After dropping my bags and enjoying my stay I came back to the hotel later in the evening and I pulled back the comforter only to find dry blood stains on the comforter. I called the front desk and the gentelmen that answered came right up with a new comforter and sheets and made the bed. That was horrible and tacky all at once!!!! By Saturday evening I had red itchy marks on my body and I thought nothing of it till I got home and they all became welts. I didn't see bugs to assume they were bed bugs, but I did contact the manager to follow through on this and call me back. She wasn't very apologetic to me whether bugs were the case or not. I never gave an attitude to this manager but expected to get some sympathy given what I told her. I personally don't think I will go back because the only nice staff was the cleaning crew and the lady that assisted during breakfast. I went off of the reviews and I was not as happy as most people.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Since our kids and grandkids live in the Columbus area, we had tried several motels in the area that were reasonable. The last one was great in Dec. and it changed ownership and when we went back in June, it was horrible. So we tried Days Inn. It was only 15 miles away from family and it was great. It was clean, comfortable and had a variety for breakfast. For a few extra dollars, we felt "clean" when we left, not "scumy" (if that is a word). We'lll be using them again!

Room Tip: We got the king size bed room - had refrigerator and microwave.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Deb I, Manager at Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind words!!!! The team here does try hard to provide excellent customer service. We are very proud of our team and hotel. We were recently awarded the "Chairman's Award" by Wyndham but it is knowing that your stay was great makes all the difference. Thank you!

Reviewed August 13, 2011

What can I say? Cookies in the lobby, excellent staff. I had a two bed suite with two desks and a 27" flat screen and a jetted bathtub. Clean and great beds. A notch or two above most Days Inns...and I see a lot- I probably rent over 100 rooms a year. I did get a great deal that even the staff did not believe, but what I had is worth every penny of the asking price.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is my third or fourth visit here and it is very clean. The front desk staff is tremendous and make you feel so comfortable. Cookies and coffee are available upon your arrival. Free continental breakfast in the morning. Small workout room also. Convenient to highways as well as many restaurants within walking distance. Movie theatre just down the street. Very reasonably priced and refrigerators and microwaves in most rooms. Will be remodeling in the near future to include a bigger breakfast area and an indoor pool.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed one night at this hotel for work. After my experience, I will never stay here again. The experience started when my smoke detector began going off around 9:00 in the evening. I alerted the front desk and they came up and exchanged the battery. At about 11:30, it started to go off again and woke me up. I called the front desk and they offered to switch me rooms. I walked down stairs and the lady working the front desk couldn’t have cared less and simply handed me a new card with no apology. After now being fully awake, I gathered my belongings and found my new room only to realize that the new room key would not work. I once again walked to the front desk and the same lady tried to reprogram the card. Again, no apology given. I walked back up to the room and for the second time, the card did not work. This time I grew even more frustrated. I went back down to the front desk for the third time and by now there was a new person working since it was now past midnight. The new lady took one look at me and did not say a word or ask if she could help me. I had to tell her this is the third time I am coming down to get into my room. She reprogrammed the card and handed it to me (no apology). I finally got into the new room around 12:10 and it was probably 87 degrees. It was around 3:00 in the morning before the roomed cooled to a temperature that was even remotely comfortable.

I don’t expect to be treated like royalty when traveling, but a simple apology or acknowledgment of a frustrating experience goes a long way. I came back to Columbus the following week and stay at one of the adjacent hotels and slept like a baby.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SmoothFlyer
DaysInn7500, General Manager at Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Thank you for taking your time to share with us your experience. Our staff are trained to acknowledge our guests when issues present themselves. I would like you to know that we would like another opportunity to provide you with excellent customer service during your next visit to Columbus, Ohio. I will be sending a letter to you authorizing a 25% discount on your next stay. Just present the letter at the time of check in.
I can assure you your comments and concerns have been addressed with our staff!
We look forward to serving you in the near futures.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

We had an "accessible" room that was so small the wheelchair couldn't even turn around. The bes was supposed to be a queen, but trust me it was a double. The bathroom was accessible once the manager went out and bought a shower seat for the tub. Housekeeping is at the hotel's convenience not the customer's. They only come once per day, at different times, and if you miss them you don't get houskeeping. We used the same towels for 3 days and were sure to hang them up. It took two nights to get a TV remote. Not that we are lazy, but the TV was elevated, so you would have to stand to change the channels. The walls are REALLY thin and the people next to us were deaf, I think. Could hear their TV almost as loud as ours. It was cheap, but I kept looking longingly at the Hyatt Place next door. We will be back to this area to stay, but look for us at the Hyatt.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank CSC7709
DaysInn7500, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn and Suites North/Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2011

I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I can assure you every detail that you have mentioned is being reviewed with our staff. We accommodate many guests and our principal goal is to provide dependable service to all. Consequently, it is disappointing to learn that you had an unfortunate experience.
A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.
Thank you!