WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Residence Inn Columbus Easton

Residence Inn Columbus Easton
Ranked #46 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
UAE
“Extremely welcoming ! Great place to stay ..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Returning for a second time I was pleasantly surprised to see the rooms renovated ! The staff at this hotel are so friendly and welcoming nothing is too much trouble ! Tonia , Joe and Laura thanks for your hospitality .. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Easton .

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Medina, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had such a fabulous stay at this hotel, you cannot beat this location if you are going to Easton to shop. We used a rewards certificate to stay at this hotel, but it would be worth the money to stay here for the proximity to the shopping at Easton, which was the whole purpose of the trip. We just so happened to pick the weekend of the tree lighting ceremony at Easton, what a fun event and a great surprise, very festive!!

We actually booked a one bedroom suite, but changed it to a studio upon arrival so we could have a fireplace for ambiance. We were only there one night, we didn't really need the one bedroom. The front desk clerk was very helpful and courteous upon check in. We of course forgot something, toothbrush and toothpaste, and didn't realize it til later that night. I ran down to the front desk, the night clerk could not have been nicer and gave us toothbrushes and paste for the duration of the trip. Breakfast the next morning was great, good and hot!! A nice selection. Blueberries and walnuts for my waffles, yum! The coffee was very good.

The hotel and room was very clean, slightly dated, but it is in the process of renovation, so we cannot wait to return and see all the changes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gbutlerfan2
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel after booking on hotels.com for a 2 night stay in early August. The rooms were relatively clean (although we did have some dirt stained towels in one of the rooms). We chose this hotel because breakfast was included in the room charge and it was a more central location but that did not substantiate the cost of the room. We could have stayed at a much nicer hotel for the price we paid. The first night that we stayed there, the hotel lost power and it did not come back on until almost noon the next day. They did not have hot breakfast (which is what we paid for) until very late in the morning. They sent us to the neighboring property to use the pool. There was no internet. What makes matters worse, they said they would contact us to provide some type of good will credit as a courtesy for the inconvenience. They did not contact us. We had to contact them and when we did the Sales Manager at the hotel, instead of being hospitable, was very argumentative, denied ever having a power loss, and concluded the conversation by hanging up on me while I was mid-sentence. Unbelievable, is all I can say. I am not usually a complainer however this experience made me pipe up. It was ridiculous. Steer clear of this hotel, you can stay at the Hilton for the same price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TBenit
ResidenceInnEastonGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Easton, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Hello Mr. TBenit,
I appreciate your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were unhappy with miscommunication and issues you encountered during your stay. Your input is incredibly important to us and we will use it to reevaluate guest needs moving forward. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Best Regards,
Tonya Thomas – General Manager
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The location is wonderful. You have sooo many eating places to walk to from the hotel. (or a short drive) We actually had to stay a month at this location. The place we were renting from caught on fire. (not our lower level apartment - the floor above) But, we had a lot of smoke damage and there was too much damage to the house to stay there. Our insurance company (renters) set us up at this location because we had cats. When we arrived - they treated my husband with respect and kept calling him Mr. Socolov. He really liked that. They also had almost every night - free appetizers in the front lobby area. They kept inviting us for that - and we kept going. I had packages delivered and they had no problem with our mail and packages being delivered there. They treated us so nicely. Plus - it was a nice time of the year where we could use the pool - that was really nice. It was like being on a month long vacation! I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Brandon, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I would like to congratulate the staff here, they make up for the properties shortcomings. Do not despair, however. Their remodel is due to start soon. The TVs are already upgraded. I look forward to the new floorplan / furniture package. It will be a welcomed refresher to this otherwise outstanding location. I had the opportunity to interact with some of the staff. Primarily my housekeeper (can't remember her name but she is from Mexico and has been working here for 6+ years) and Candace at the front desk. They have both gone out of their way to make me feel comfortable, which if you read my other reviews is not easily accomplished. Candace welcomed me to the property, provided dinner recommendations for dining and delivery, was attentive to all my requests and follow them so well. My faxes were delivered faster than anywhere I ever stayed at. My packages delivered in a timely manner and a voicemail to follow up was always present. My housekeepers were equally impressive. They even asked at what time I preferred my room being serviced. They do a super job of cleaning the mess I leave behind in the kitchen everyday, and they do it all with a smile on their face. Some of them are working extended hours to assist management. The Internet was fast the first day, then it slowed down considerably. The proximity to the shops is soooo convenient. What a great experience so far. I'll be here for another two weeks, I am so happy I picked this place. The fact they are ranked higher than the downtown Marriott tells you a lot.

Room Tip: I have a corner room in the first floor, seems to be the best for accessibility and convenience.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ResidenceInnEastonGM, Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Easton, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Mr. Soto,

Thank you so much for your kind words. The staff work very hard and they love hearing about the comments on Trip Advisor. I make a point of reading customer comments to my team at our daily huddles. We are very excited about our upcoming renovation as well.

Please enjoy the rest of your stay and as always let us know if you need anything.

Tonya Thomas
UAE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I usually stay in the Hilton which has all the amenities of a 5 star hotel but is also quite stuffy ! The residence inn studios are equipped with a a kitchen , desk and table , they are not the most modern rooms but are due to have a renovation . If your staying for more than a few nights I would highly recommend as this Its an excellent location for shopping and entertainment . The studio is equipped so you have the conveniences you may require at home .. Moreover the staff go out of there way to help assist and accommodate .

• Stayed October 2012
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Great location at the Easton Mall. Literally steps away from a Trader Joe's grocery if you want to stock the 'fridge. Tons of options for shopping and eating out at the mall - which is right across the street. About 10 minutes from the Airport - with free shuttle service (last run around 10:45pm). Hotel has been updated with the newer Residence Inn decor, but has not yet updated to the granite counter tops and stainless appliances. Almost forgot - some of the best maid service we've ever had.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family