“Great place to stay and great staff!”

Residence Inn Columbus Easton
Ranked #74 of 144 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Stayed 1 night with family on a recent shopping trip. The rooms were very nice! Stayed in the 1 bedroom with separate living room and kitchen area. Very clean and neat and in a great location. After a long day of shopping, it's nice to be able to walk across the street and rest! Free breakfast buffet was tasty with hot foods and waffles. We had an incident where my mom had a really bad nose bleed during the night and the staff showed great concern and were able to get us some first aid supplies. They were all very courteous, especially Candice. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I would suggest the 1 bedroom instead of the studio if not traveling alone. The 1 bedroom has a bed...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank irishwen
ResidenceInnEastonGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Easton, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2011

Dear Irishwen,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Residence Inn Columbus Easton. It is always great to hear positive comments about the staff. We hope to see you again in the future. Take care.

Tonya Thomas

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed one night in September 2011. The Residence Inn is very close to Easton Towne Center. You can walk to anywhere in the mall. Very short walk to Trader Joe's grocery. The suite was on first floor. You have a living room area with an attached kitchen. The kitchen has a regular size frig with an ice maker (inside the freezer section), two cook burners, a microwave, a sink, and a dishwasher. It has a nice complement of cooking ware and dishes. The unit has one bathroom (toilet and shower/bath behind a closed door) and a sink outside near the bedroom. The bed was comfortable. The roll away wasn't bad - it's a roll away. The pull out sofa was flat and somewhat uncomfortable. If it's just one person, I would recommend sleeping on top of the couch and not opening the sofa.

The inn has DVD players you can use when you show your hotel key. There's no charge. The breakfast (free with the stay) was very good. It included hot items, eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits and gravy, waffles (you make yourself at a station). A cold section with various cereals and breads. There was an iced section that had fruit, yogurt, and milk. There was a juice machine with orange. There was also teas and a large supply of various types of coffees (pre-made in larger coffee dispensers)

Behind the reception area (where breakfast is served) is the pool and a basketball area. The pool was decent sized and looked clean. The exercise area had a few machines, appeared in good condition, and clean.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay. The room was clean and had a nice lay out. The breakfast was good and well stocked. The only downside for us was the difficulty finding a parking spot near our room.

Room Tip: Getting a parking spot near your room can be difficult.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Travil1555
ResidenceInnEastonGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Easton, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

Dear Travil1555,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Residence Inn Columbus Easton. Look forward to seeing you in the future. Take care.
Brad Jester

Reviewed September 5, 2011

My family and I only stayed here for one night. The room was average and we didnt have any complaints about the room other than some noise issues since our room was near the entry door. I suffer from allergies and am asthmatic so I was disappointed to learn that this hotel is "dog-friendly". Imagine my surprise when a HUGE dog was staying in the room across the hall!! Since the hotel was sold out, they could not move us elsewhere..... We didnt spend much time in the room but will definetly book elsewhere in the future when visiting Easton.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank perfectpairs44
ResidenceInnEastonGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Easton, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2011

Dear Perfectpairs44,
Thank you for your comments regarding the Residence Inn Columbus Easton. I apologize for any inconvenience the neighboring pet caused during your stay. The hotel follows the Marriott brand standard for accepting pets and the proper procedures for preparing the room for the next guest. Best regards, Brad.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

I stayed here while I was bringing my daughter back to college. The hotel is new and very nice. We got a one bedroom suite and I slept in the bedroom and she had the pull out sofa bed in the living room. The room was well-appointed, with nice furniture and linens. It had a full sized refrigerator and a stove top and a microwave. We used the outdoor pool and spa which were in the courtyard between the buildings. There was also a tennis court/basketball net, though we didn’t use those. A hot buffet breakfast was included which was very good…eggs, home fries, a range of breads and danish, etc. The hotel also had an evening social hour where they cooked hamburgers and hot dogs outside and had wine and beer for sale, but we did not partake. I had only two small complaints. First, one had to walk outside to get to the lobby/dining room and that could be a problem on a rainy or snowy day. Second, there were no ice machines on the floors; you had to wait for the icemaker in your room to make ice. When you arrive after a long drive and you’re ready for a cocktail, you don’t want to have to wait for ice! The location is ok. You can walk to restaurants and bars, but Easton is a new “town center” with mall-type stores and restaurants and office buildings arranged around a main street to make it seem village-like. I prefer my malls indoors and villages to be real. Nonetheless, I would stay here gain if I were in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Hilary R
ResidenceInnEastonGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Easton, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate your comments regarding the Residence Inn Columbus Easton. We look forward to servicing your future visits. Best regards, Brad

Reviewed August 24, 2011

Easton is a strange place created by this outdoors mall environment. The Residence inn is the perfect, pleasant compliment to this strange mall-world. Nothing there feels older than a month. No structures seem permanent. It's a fleeting Vegas-kind-of-place. There's pubs close, restaurants close. it's nice. Period. No more no less.

Booze usually helps this kind of mediocrity go down smoother and regrettably you need to byob as the Residence Inn does not have bottle service. That's my only criticism. Breakfast was surprisingly yummy too, and the staffers were top notch. Very.... Nice.

• Stayed: August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Residence Inn and Easton Town Center. I appreciate the postive feed back on the staff and breakfast.
Best regards, Brad

Reviewed August 22, 2011

We always stay at the Residence Inn at Easton when we're in the area. This trip I knew we would be arriving late and called to notify them. I also asked to be put on the list for a complimentary upgrade if any came available. (We have been pleased to receive them in the past). I also visited marriott.com to ensure our pillow, towels, and location requests were listed on our profile.
Upon arrival we were issued a room that didn't have any of the requests I had asked for. They had several upgrades but had given them away because the person on the phone earlier hadn't made a note of it as she had said she would. We were also placed in an inside corner room with a view of a maintenance room outside. We managed for the first night and I made several phone calls and visits to the front desk asking to be moved if possible for the following night.
Manager Tonya Thomas went the extra mile in turning our stay into a delightful one. She found us an upgrade room in an ideal location that met all of my requests. She also arranged for our luggage to be moved to the new room for us while we went about our shopping and sightseeing (I have a feeling she moved it herself!) She also took it upon herself to fill our cooler full of ice. I was extremely impressed with her customer service and managing skills. The hotel was very full and busy, yet she pitched in and helped in every place needed - including the breakfast buffet, clearing tables, and moving guests to new rooms.
We will definitely stay here again and are thankful for our renewed outlook of this property and its employees.

Room Tip: request a room facing the courtyard
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
ResidenceInnEastonGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Columbus Easton, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

We welcome feedback on your stay at the Residence Inn Columbus Easton. I am glad everything worked out with your stay. The hotel takes great pride in top customer service. Glad to hear that Tonya took care of your requests. Look forward to seeing you in the future.
Kind regards. Brad Jester - General Manager.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

The front desk helped with menus and shopping information. Across from giant shopping and restaurants with free parking.

• Stayed: August 2011