“To save a long-term traveler the trouble”

TownePlace Suites Columbus Worthington
Ranked #82 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio
“To save a long-term traveler the trouble”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The staff mentioned that they will be renovating soon, so maybe things will change within the next several months. On my end, I was in the area on a long-term work assignment and had to leave within the first couple of days here and I'm pretty easygoing. The staff was friendly and accomodating, however.....my first room had a stain on the couch, food splattered on the wall, old candy paper wrappers sitting by the windowsill, chips on the floor, dirty dishes, a mud spot on the bed skirt, the entire room was outdated other than the television and the bathroom shower curtain liner had mold on it. To top it all off, I had to kill two bugs while there. At that point, I asked them to move me to another room. The next room luckily had no bugs, however, the kitchen and dishes were still dirty, shower and tub were dirty. I was scared to walk barefoot on the carpet. Stain on this couch as well. Old food, trash left from previous guests and too much more to name. I was never able to feel comfortable in these rooms. All I asked for was cleanliness. I moved to Staybridge Suites and couldn't be happier. Maybe after the renovation, things will be clean, but this experience was not great at all. The lobby is the nicest thing about the facilty. It is clean and updated, however, small, no sitting area and no hot breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Hebrew first
Kaysville, Utah
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I can't understand the negative reviews for this hotel. I stayed here three nights and found it comfortable, clean, and convenient. The service staff was very nice. Morning "grab and go" breakfast was fine. My room was clean and quiet and I had a very comfortable stay. Hotel is about 20 minutes north of Columbus.

• Stayed October 2013
Troy, Ohio
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I traveled a large amount in the past year for my job and I decided to use some of the Marriott Rewards points I had accumulated for a leisure overnight trip to Columbus, OH. If I had actually had to pay for this hotel I would have been highly disappointed, but since it was no out-of-pocket cost to me I'm rating it average. The front desk attendant was super polite and immediately welcomed my significant other and I upon our arrival to the hotel. She asked us which floor we would prefer to be on, which I greatly appreciated. The room however was not up to the superior Marriott standards that I have come to expect. The dishwater would randomly make a clicking noise all thoughout our stay, as if it was trying to start by itself and would then quickly shut off. There was a spider web (as well as a small spider) in the tub. The alarm clock made a strange crackling sound whenever I used the microwave. The burner pans on the stove were filthy and stained, but that wasn't a big deal. The pool was nice, but too small to actually swim in and only wading was possible. The bed was absolutely fantastic though and was by far one of the softest beds I've ever slept in. (I think it must have had a memory foam mattress pad.) So if you're just passing through the area and/or plan on spending most of the day in the city and just want a comfortable bed where price is no object then I'd recommend this place. Otherwise, save yourself some money and go to someplace like a Days Inn or Ramada because I can guarentee you'll get a better value there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Average is far too kind. Not sure I Should really walk on the floor with my bare feet. The curtains seem to be somewhat stained. The cabinets are sticky when you open them. It reminds me of the dorm room I had in college 30 years ago. There's a number of other hotels around, that cannot be any worse, can they? Why did the rooms smell so weird?

• Stayed July 2013
DRYBRANCH
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Looks really nice, but when we got our room the cleaning was poor service. The stove was dirty and the dishes you can tell have been used, looked like they needed washed. When we went to take a shower there was hair in the drains that had been there for awhile. Then when you get you debit card charged they tell you what your total is and then the bank has another amount taken out. Called room service for towels and then we left for awhile and there were never any towels bought to the room. The pool looked dirty and it wasn't cleaned daily it had leaves in the pool and dirt, had to clean it myself to let my child swim, maybe I shouldn't let my child swim but it was a really hot day. No drying towels in the pool area to dry on. I will never stay in this place again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rhenderson
Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was overall disappointed with this hotel. When we arrived 2 hours before check-in, the front desk was rude and immediately said "no early check-in". Which isn't a problem if you attempt some kind of friendly customer service level.
It was surprising because of the empty parking lot, but I can sympathize that they may have had a busy week...???

When we went back at check-in, they still only had 3 of our 4 rooms ready. I feel bad for the folks that were waiting in line behind us because we took the last 3 rooms available to check-in to.

As for the room- it's a dated hotel so needs a facelift. The faucet in my shower had a constant drip and there were used shampoo and conditioner bottles still in my shower. I'll chalk it up to an oversight by housekeeping, but it made me feel as if the bathroom hadn't been cleaned. There were stains on the couch cushions, so I never once sat anywhere besides the desk chair and bed. The room also had a smoky smell, although marked as non-smoking.
Saving grace was that I'm not in my room much. The bed was very comfortable so at least I slept well.

Overall the hotel is outdated and understaffed. I'd pick somewhere else to stay and pay a little more. I've stayed at a few Towneplace Suites and all are much better than this one.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MrsH1983
Hermann, Missouri
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My family and I were traveling with 4 people, needing two rooms for one night, and on a budget! This hotel fit our needs very nicely! Large rooms with comfortable beds. No frills, but we didn't need them or expect them.

"Business center" was a little awkward (located in the small lobby), but it was complimentary. Fitness Center was small (an elliptical and a treadmill), but fit my needs. Continental Breakfast had limited options, but fit my needs.

Staff was very friendly.