“Would stay here again”

TownePlace Suites Columbus Worthington
Ranked #85 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed here for 4 days. It's a completely non-smoking hotel (as are all Marriott properties) which was a plus for us. The room, while small-ish, had a full kitchen, including a 4-burner stove and oven. The room was very clean - in fact, the entire building seemed well taken care of. I used the laundry room - 3 washers and 3 working dryers - and one load was finished in an hour, due to the large capacity dryers. Shower water pressure was great. Breakfast is minimal - 6 varieties of cereal, bananas and apples, individually wrapped muffins and granola bars, milk and juice. Coffee and hot water are available 24/7. The outdoor pool area is kind of small, but clean. Exercise room is very small, but they have an agreement with a fitness facility nearby. Rooms have wired internet. Pets are allowed here - there's a flat charge for them. The only drawback are the trains that come by fairly frequently. I tuned them out after the first few, and they didn't keep me up at night. There are restaurants and fast food nearby. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a safe and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank zedramaqueen

Reviewed August 7, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for three nights. The property was in excellent condition, both inside and out. Although the property was very full, it was very quiet. The rooms are well insulated. It also appeared that the management didn't allow unruly guests to bother others.

Everything in the room was in working order and the suite was a nice size with a full kitchen, sofa, work desk and a 32" LCD TV. Both wired and wireless internet. Quick connection process which keeps you logged in for days so you don't have to go through all the hassle more than once/5 days. Speed of the internet was great.

They have a nice "Grab and Go" breakfast. Six kinds of cereal, two juices, milk, fruit, yogurt, granola bars and coffee.

The staff were all very nice. friendly and helpful with directions. The rooms were serviced every day if you wanted it. The room was extra clean and the cleaning staff were also very accommodating.

In my mind, a great hotel and a very good price. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Protraveler02
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Stayed here two nights while in town for work. I was pleasantly surprised when I booked the room that I was able to reserve a suite with a kitchenette and sofa for a very reasonable price. I enjoyed being able to cook a few meals while traveling rather going out both nights. While the room was a little older, I found everything very clean and comfortable including the bed, desk and kitchenette. I was also very pleased with the connection of the free high speed internet.

I will certainly stay here again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SmoothFlyer
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We paid in advance (internet rate) for a 2 bedroom suite for our family. On arrival, late at night, in the middle of a torrential downpour, we discovered that the window locks on our first floor room (#115) were broken. So back to the main desk, where we waited some time for the staff person to return from their sister hotel (Residence Inn next door). When the staff person returned and we were waiting in the line that had formed, she continued to answer the phone and inform callers that the room rate for a studio was $89. Because there were no other options that late in the evening and they wouldn't give us 2 studio rooms for the 2-bedroom suite price, we ended up fitting our family into a 1-bed studio and were required to pay the 2 bedroom suite rate. Although the staff was pleasant, we walked away feeling ripped off. The second night of our stay in a different 2-bedroom suite was okay -- considering the trains that rumbled by throughout the night. It was our first (and last) stay at TowneSuites. And although I like to get the discounted internet pricing, if the hotel is not so great, I now understand you're stuck with whatever they're willing to give you. Consider the lesson learned!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
tpsmarriott, Front Office Manager at TownePlace Suites Columbus Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review TownePlace Suites. I would like you to know we read all of the reviews and surveys for our property and take the comments to heart. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel and want you to know that what you experienced is not typical and not acceptable.

We were sold out on the evening you arrived and were not aware that the 2-bedroom suite we had blocked for you had a problem with the window lock prior to your arrival. We did not have another 2-bedroom suite to accommodate you with that evening and for that I truly apologize. Since you stayed in a smaller room I believe we credited your first night and did not charge you for the room that night. Please contact me directly with your name and check in date so that I may check into this further.

We would love the opportunity to resolve this for you and keep you as a customer. I deeply apologize for the inconveniences you faced at our hotel. Please contact me directly for assistance, I look forward to hearing from you.

Kristin Jordan
Front Desk Supervisor
TownePlace Suites Columbus-Worthington
7272 Huntington Park Dr.
Columbus, OH 43235
(614) 885-1557

Reviewed May 17, 2010

When a complaint was presented that phone service will not permit 800 phone calls, and questioned why there are not any phone books in the rooms, the traveler received the following reply "Its been like that for a long time. We don't have any control over corporate decisions. Most people use a cell phone, your room was paid for by somebody else....wasn't it."

The rooms are not cleaned every day, but on a rotating basis, with priority to clean the rooms of those whose occupants have departed for better places. The schedule is bypassed if one showers in the late afternoon, and so one may go days without service..... thus making this a more homely place to reside. You clean you rooms at home don't you.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review TownePlace Suites. I would like to apologize for your experience at our hotel.

To answer a few of your questions, we do not have phone books in the rooms, however, we do have several at the front desk that can be taken by the guests at any time. The front desk is also more than happy to look a phone number up for your. I think I spoke to you the day after you were trying to use an 800 # and thought we had resolved the issue for you, I apologize if we failed to meet your needs. Also, housekeeping does rotate if you stay more than 5 nights, you would get 1 full clean a week and 2 refreshes, but that can be altered at your request. In the future, if you have a specific time you'd like your room cleaned, just let us know and we can accommodate your needs.

We would love for you to give TownePlace Suites the opportunity to show you the hospitality you deserve. If there is anything I can do for you for future reservations, please contact me directly. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kristin Jordan
Front Desk Supervisor
TownePlace Suites Columbus Worthington
7272 Huntington Park Dr
Columbus, OH 43235
(614) 885-1557

Reviewed May 1, 2010

I stayed in this hotel on many mid week business trip to Columbus. This hotel is reasonably priced compared to other hotels in Columbus and it is easy to get the reservation in short notice. The best part of this hotel is its soft bed and linens that are very well maintained which gives excellent sleep quality. This hotel has Grab and go breakfast which is Okay for me when I get up just on time to go to office and have my breakfast on the go. The hotel is in two separate buildings which makes little difficult to access the front desk/lounge/breakfast if the room is in the the other building.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2009

I stayed in this hotel for nearly 4 months while on a long-term consulting assignment. The desk staff was very friendly, the rooms very clean, and location convenient to restaurants, shopping (within 5 minutes), interstate and movies.

However, the hotel needs some updating, especially the TVs which have sound quality issues. Also, the hotel could benefit from a better breakfast selection. The parking lot also was frequently very full or overflowing, which could be frustrating.

I would definitely stay here again if on a long-term assignment on a budget.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business