“Few probs - but would stay again!”

Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris
Ranked #90 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Buffalo, New York
“Few probs - but would stay again!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

We stopped over just to sleep. Loved it and would definitely stay again. Only drawbacks - the phone didn't work in our room. And the desk clerk gave us the wrong wifi password. (As in, she told us it was a word but it was actually a 4-digit number.) We had to call on the cell phone b/c the phone didn't work (as I said), and she was a bit short. Said she gave it to us and acted all exasperated. Finally sorted it out & appreciated that the internet was free. Also had a free "grab-and-go" breakfast. Comfy bed. Clean room. Loved it.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jmasc1
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens and free grab-and-go breakfast at a great value. Still, I’m disappointed to learn that our overall maintenance and level of customer service did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our maintenance policies and guest protocol to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Again, thank you for the comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The rooms is clean, everything looks new, nicely decorated, better than an average Extended Stay America. The staff is really helpful. location is great, several markets and restaurant around it. 20 mins drive to downtown.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We also had a great experience with this Extended Stay America for one night. The location is very convenient. The rooms do have every thing including a full kitchen and free wi-fi . Our room was clean and all areas convenient. Also the staff person on duty was very busy with late admissions (our included) but was friendly and patient with each guest. The Hotel does not have a restaurant but does have a breakfast room with a limited but healthy selection of items.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MLS4000
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and clean, spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future!
North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying here for only one night - but I could have easily made it a much longer stay. Ronnie at check-in is awesome, and the room we had was SPOTLESS. We asked for a double - and we had plenty of room for the 3 of us. Great kitchen, which was really functional, living room and separate bedroom. The vanity and sink are separate from the bath so someone can get ready while someone else uses shower.

I found this hotel through one of the "blind booking" travel sites, and was disappointed when I found out it was an Extended Stay. But at the crazy low rate and since it was only one night - I thought I would make the best of it. My worst fear was it might be unsafe because they are typically in bad areas and the walls would be so thin that I wouldn't get a good nights sleep. I couldn't have been more wrong. The hotel has recently been renovated and everything is fresh, new and CLEAN. I never heard a peep from anyone else in the hotel - not even footsteps in the hall - pure quiet. And they had a sign up in the lobby saying "Welcome Bikers" so I was really concerned that there would be loud parties going on.

The location is perfect if you want to be in the heart of the shopping, dining experience of Columbus and I felt perfectly safe the whole time.

Customer service is where this hotel really stood out for me. Ronnie at the front desk was so warm and welcoming. She told us that if we needed anything, just call the front desk. My pre-teen daughter heard that statement and later in the evening when she decided she needed hand warmers for an outside event we were doing later, she called the front desk! I just chuckled because I knew we were out of luck getting hand warmers - right? Well they did say no, but then a moment later our room phone rings, and the front desk located a store close to the hotel where we could purchase our own hand warmers! I mean, really, that was amazing.

We had also mentioned that we had to leave the hotel about 5 in the morning and the Grab and Go breakfast started at 6 - they told the girls that they would open the food service early and have hot chocolate waiting for them - and you know what?? They did.... we went down about 5 - and the room was open, fresh, hot coffee waiting for me (yay!!) and everything was stocked and ready for us to enjoy. The girls had to make their own hot chocolate - but you get the point.

I've stayed in a lot of hotels and you don't get service like this - even after you paid a fortune and tipped through the nose.

They also let us enjoy a late checkout - so we didn't have to pack at 5 AM and we could come back after our event and do it at a decent hour - and check out was just as friendly, and efficient as check-in.

This hotel will make me want to do more weekend shopping trips to Columbus!

The only downside was parking and snow removal. It was tight and at a premium, but this was mid-February in the middle of the snowiest winter Ohio has seen in a long time, I'm sure the parking lot is much bigger, but the snow piles are taking up too much space. And how are they expected to remove snow between parked cars? That is a logistics nightmare.

Oh, and it would be nice to have one designated parking spot in the front for check-in... now I'm getting really picky.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JCskiier
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed and positive review about your stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for the limited parking spots due to the snow piles. We are working to fix this issue with our snow removal team so that our future guests are not affected. Still, we are thrilled to know that we were able to provide you with a "home away from home" experience during your most recent stay with us, as that is our primary goal. I will be sure to share all of your comments with the staff.

Again, the staff and I thank you for posting this amazing review of our hotel. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future!
Kirtland, Ohio
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is a great place to stay if you are in the Polaris Area. It is convenient to shopping and many restaurants.

The rooms are very nicely decorated, and they have everything that you need. If the room does not have what you need, the main desk staff will be very happy to help you.

The Internet worked very well, and out unit had two TV's.

They are remodeling right now, but that was not a problem for us. It has always looked nice, especially the lobby.

We have stayed here several times, and have always been happy with the service. It is a very well maintained property. We will be back again in the spring.

If you do stay here, plan to eat breakfast at a local restaurant. What they offer is more like a "Grab and Go" quick snack.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Amiga9
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your hotel accommodations and our hotel's location, conveniently located near many shopping areas and restaurants. As well, it is great to know that you liked the amenities we had to offer and are excited about the remodeling that is taking place. We cannot wait for it to be completed!

Gasport, New York
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The front desk clerk was wasted on drugs and could not do her job. The room was disgusting - a pile of dirty towels on the bathroom floor, no clean towels, waste basket in bathroom was full of trash and the bed looked like it had already been slept in. Worst hotel experiece I ever had.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear about your most recent stay with us. In response to your feedback, we have addressed that employee accordingly. I am also mailing you out two free night certificates to try to make it right with you, as this not acceptable treatment of our guests here at Extended Stay Polaris.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at CPL@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I liked the following facilities: Grab and grow break fast which contains fresh apples and oranges. (Near by Candlewood suites does not offer this facility). Cardio center is good with 4 different equipments (Candlewood has more equipments). WiFi is free but a little slow, we need pay to get more speed. Laundry is good but again, we need to pay 2 dollars for wash and 2 more for drier. (Candlewood offers free laundry service). Moreover, Candlewood has business center (two computers with internet and printer). Candlewood lends free movie DVDs.
Staff are very polite and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Gopi G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Comfort Inn North Polaris
Extended Stay America - Columbus - Worthington
Four Points by Sheraton Columbus - Polaris
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
Residence Inn Columbus Polaris

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris? Share your experiences!