“Great Motel with Fantastic and Friendly Service”

Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris
Ranked #90 of 145 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is a great place to stay if you are in the Polaris Area. It is convenient to shopping and many restaurants.

The rooms are very nicely decorated, and they have everything that you need. If the room does not have what you need, the main desk staff will be very happy to help you.

The Internet worked very well, and out unit had two TV's.

They are remodeling right now, but that was not a problem for us. It has always looked nice, especially the lobby.

We have stayed here several times, and have always been happy with the service. It is a very well maintained property. We will be back again in the spring.

If you do stay here, plan to eat breakfast at a local restaurant. What they offer is more like a "Grab and Go" quick snack.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amiga9
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your hotel accommodations and our hotel's location, conveniently located near many shopping areas and restaurants. As well, it is great to know that you liked the amenities we had to offer and are excited about the remodeling that is taking place. We cannot wait for it to be completed!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

The front desk clerk was wasted on drugs and could not do her job. The room was disgusting - a pile of dirty towels on the bathroom floor, no clean towels, waste basket in bathroom was full of trash and the bed looked like it had already been slept in. Worst hotel experiece I ever had.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear about your most recent stay with us. In response to your feedback, we have addressed that employee accordingly. I am also mailing you out two free night certificates to try to make it right with you, as this not acceptable treatment of our guests here at Extended Stay Polaris.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at CPL@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I liked the following facilities: Grab and grow break fast which contains fresh apples and oranges. (Near by Candlewood suites does not offer this facility). Cardio center is good with 4 different equipments (Candlewood has more equipments). WiFi is free but a little slow, we need pay to get more speed. Laundry is good but again, we need to pay 2 dollars for wash and 2 more for drier. (Candlewood offers free laundry service). Moreover, Candlewood has business center (two computers with internet and printer). Candlewood lends free movie DVDs.
Staff are very polite and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Gopi G
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My stay was great. The room they put me in was very elegant and modern because they were renovating the third floor at the time. You really couldn't hear any of the noise so there was no issue. The remote and TV acted a little funky so I had to go down to the front desk to get that sorted out but they had no problem sorting it out. They even moved me to another room with a better TV which I thought was very accommodating.

They also had a shuttle service that takes you within three miles of the hotel at a certain time and they really went out of their way to take me to Wal Mart in Westerville even though it was over three miles and it really impressed me. They also had a lot of coupons in the lobby for certain restaurants in the area as well as onsite laundry service, WiFi, and a great location right across from the Polaris Fashion Place.

I'm really not going to talk about the price because my Dad put me up in this hotel for the week because of the cold weather so I guess you should shop around if you need a hotel to stay at. But overall, I think my stay was fine.

Room Tip: The third floor (room 321) is great. Especially if the remote works for the TV lol.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Paul - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am so glad that you truly enjoyed your room and all of the amenities we had to offer. As well, it is great to read that our shuttle was a benefit to your stay and that you liked our hotel's convenient location.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Perfect location for us and just a few minutes from family. We were drawn to this hotel because it's pet friendly. The remodeling is a bit bothersome, but when it is over in February or March, it will have been well worth it. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I will stay here again when the remodeling is done!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mkraus63
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our hotel and staff; however, we apologize that the construction noise disturbed your stay. I can assure you we are looking into ways we can minimize the impact this has on our guests, but are glad you can see the value it will bring to our property. We are very excited to offer our guests new and improved offerings in the future!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have been staying at the Extended Stay Columbus Polaris for 10 weeks now while I relocate to Columbus from Cleveland. For the money you can't find a better place. It's nothing fancy but your not paying for fancy. The room is clean, the staff is wonderful and there's always hot coffee and grab and go breakfast in the morning. If you want to pay 250.00 and up stay at a fancy hotel, but if your looking for comfortable clean and home away from home this is the place to stay. The staff even welcomes me by name now and whenever possible reserves the same room, now that's customer service. Can't beat the location, vast choice of restaurants and the Polaris mall is across the street. If you need something quick there is a Target next door.

Room Tip: I've been on all floors and they have worked out well. Just make sure you don't get an adjoi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MaryJo5
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I am pleased to know that you find our hotel and surroundings convenient , as we all love to hear positive news.

Thank you for sharing a little of your time with us. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at CPL@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times in the past 4 years. The hotel is showing it's age and is at the beginning of a renovation this month. What brings me back is the customer service. I stayed there this week and Ashley at the front desk is awesome. She called me after I checked in to see if I needed anything. Check in was quick and easy and they gave me the room I requested. I requested a room that hasn't been smoked in and no pets, (140 and 141) and it was granted. The room is clean, just don't look at the carpet.... I am looking forward to seeing and staying after the renovations are compete.

Again, every time I have stayed there the staff have been great.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eric S

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am happy to read your remarks about our staff and location. However, I am very sorry that our hotel is dated, as you have mentioned we are going through a renovation that is scheduled to begin mid November and completed by February.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at cpl@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.