Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris
Ranked #88 of 143 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had horrible neighbors upstairs that kept us up all night and the hotel did nothing to fix the problem or reimburse us. I'd look elsewhere if I were you! Plus, the hotel allows pets but our room literally smelled like pets...

• Stayed: October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am sorry to hear that other guest were noisy. In response to your feedback, I am alerting my staff to double their property walks at night. We have someone on staff 24 hours a day to assist our guests no matter what the need may be. We are a pet friendly hotel, which means that a certain number of rooms are being held as pet friendly rooms.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at CPL@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Recently stayed here without any issues. Staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel is located right off the highway and close to several restaurants, shopping and entertainment! Room even had a DVR for a late night movie.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We are glad to see that our location was perfect for your stay, with all the local shopping options and location to major interstates. Also, I am pleased to hear that our staff provided courteous service during your stat.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at CPL@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed at Extended Stay Columbus for 1 night. Great value. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. The took the reservation live on the phone and gave us all the details. The room was very clean and pleasant. Great Location to the Polaris Mall right across the street.

Would stay there again .

Room Tip: First floor rooms are easy access to parking.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Checked in for a week stay for a business trip. Location was great, easy in easy out. Everything you need is around. Place looked clean. Room was nice for the price. Breakfast needed tons of help. Friendly staff. Dog friendly!

• Stayed: August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Your comments in regards to our property and staff are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read about your coffee bar experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is going through training on stocking the coffee bar. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I invite you to contact me, at cea@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Was in town for a three week visit with family. My teenage son was with me, so we booked a Suite with a fold out bed in the couch. He slept in the hide a bed, no complaints! I'm a picky sleeper, the bed was comfy and CLEAN! I've had some bad hotel experiences, so I really check the room before I settle in. I stripped the bed, just to check (and be safe) and not a speck or stray hair was found. The TV remote and the telephone were spotless. The free Wi-Fi was quick and reliable.

Full size fridge was exactly what we needed on this long trip, as well as the kitchenette.

We were there in the middle of a management/ownership change. Even with the administrative shuffle, the entire staff was helpful and polite. Ryan, Holy, and Ronnie were super!

The only things I could "complain" about was that the parking lot filled up quickly with large trucks from construction workers staying at the hotel and the hallway carpets were a bit dingy in places.

Room Tip: Only one elevator in the building. Ask for a room close to it if you have a lot of luggage. Hallways...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at cea@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed at Extended Stay - Polaris for 4 nights at the beginning of August. It provided a great home base while I visited around the area. I stayed in a "Queen Suite" that had 1 queen bed with a little kitchen and a bathroom. The kitchen was great! Full sized fridge, dishwasher, pots and dishes. While I was only there for 4 nights it made it so easy to get comfy, make dinner and watch some TV. A little home away from home. I didn't use all the facilities the hotel offered (gym, laundry, pool) since I was there for such a short time, but they looked great. Free Wi-Fi was a bonus as well (something the fancier hotels with all the "extras" don't have).

Check in was easy and straightforward as was check out. I dealt with Ronnie and Javon (hope I spelled that right) at the front desk and they were both extremely pleasant and helpful.

The location of this hotel is ideal. It's literally right off the highway, across the street from a huge indoor mall. There is almost every restaurant you could want in less than half a mile in any direction. There is a grocery store - I could go on! SO much available around! My reason for being there was the Columbus Zoo (as well as the Cincinnati and Cleveland zoos) and again - location is perfect! About a 15 minute drive through some very nice neighborhoods.

I only stayed 4 nights so there was no need for housekeeping to do anything. If, however, you stay longer I believe they come in once per week, or will come in more often for a small fee. All TOTALLY reasonable. Of course, if you need something in the meantime - just ask at the front desk.

The only thing I would make a suggestion about is the way the doors close for the rooms. They have the door closers, but they can end up closing and banging quite loudly if you don't close it slowly yourself - and it can shake nearby rooms. That said, my room was on the first floor and pretty close to the main lobby and aside from the occaisional door close....it was VERY quiet.

I would recommend staying here highly for anyone looking for a comfortable "home away from home".

Room Tip: I think any room would be great - mine was the first one next to the lobby and was fantastic.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Sarah - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am excited to read your remarks about the in-room kitchen, the amenities we had to offer onsite and how helpful our staff was, especially Ronnie and Javon. As well, I am glad that you liked our location. Still, I am very sorry that the door to your room was noisy when it shut. In response to your feedback, I am looking into options to eliminate the slamming of the doors .

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at CEA@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had a bad experience when we arrived in Indianapolis. We had reservations at another chain and when we checked in, it was nasty and dirty. So we immediately checked out again. Now here we were with no place to stay for the next four days. We happened upon this Extended Stay America and went in to check their rates and rooms. We had never stayed at one before and were extremely surprised. The place was clean and spacious, like having your own little apartment with a kitchen. The only kind of negative comment I have is that the breakfast was very sparse. But since we had our own kitchen, that is to be expected. All the personnel were friendly and over the top helpful. Also this is in the Polaris area. So close to tons of shopping and dining. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am sorry you had a poor experience in Indianapolis with another chain.

I am happy however to hear that we could turn that negative experience into a new positive experience with Extended Stay America. I am thrilled to hear the team was helpful & friendly and that you enjoyed your stay at our Polaris Location. I apologize that the Grab & Go breakfast was not stocked, although it is not a typical continental breakfast, we try to provide a nice selection of items that are easy to grab on the run.

We appreciate all feedback we receive from our guests, so we can continue to improve the guest experience. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and we hope to see you again soon.