Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris
$130
$120
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgrab and gooatmeal packetssmall kitchenfull kitchenhome away from homequaker steak and lubemajor highwayplace to staylocation is greatroom was cleangreat shoppingqueen suitesized bedstayed nightsother hotelsunder constructionice machine
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had a bad experience when we arrived in Indianapolis. We had reservations at another chain and when we checked in, it was nasty and dirty. So we immediately checked out again. Now here we were with no place to stay for the next four days. We happened upon this Extended Stay America and went in to check their rates and rooms. We had never stayed at one before and were extremely surprised. The place was clean and spacious, like having your own little apartment with a kitchen. The only kind of negative comment I have is that the breakfast was very sparse. But since we had our own kitchen, that is to be expected. All the personnel were friendly and over the top helpful. Also this is in the Polaris area. So close to tons of shopping and dining. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am sorry you had a poor experience in Indianapolis with another chain.

I am happy however to hear that we could turn that negative experience into a new positive experience with Extended Stay America. I am thrilled to hear the team was helpful & friendly and that you enjoyed your stay at our Polaris Location. I apologize that the Grab & Go breakfast was not stocked, although it is not a typical continental breakfast, we try to provide a nice selection of items that are easy to grab on the run.

We appreciate all feedback we receive from our guests, so we can continue to improve the guest experience. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

No frills (no maid service either) but good value. Clean room but check in took a LONG time (30 min or more). Staff tried to be helpful when I asked for something but they seemed to be over worked. Close to where I needed to go and good access to highway. Not bad if you are on a budget.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that we were conveniently located during your travels and that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I do apologize for the delay involved with your check in, we have new staff working our front desk. We will work on getting new staff members more experience and training so your future stays will be faster and smoother upon check in. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Bumps: check-in process was very long and was charged to go from queen to king (which was previously requested), the security latch was broken and laying on the desk, the iron in the room had red crutty stuff coming from it that wasn't noticed until it was on our clothing, asked for late check-out during check-in and it was approved by both people at the front desk...next morning got knocks at the door two times by two different people in housekeeping. I told the 1st lady that I had a late check-out and she responded very nasty/rude asking if I was sure and until when. As for the 2nd person, before I could get to the door she walked in on me (not all the way dressed). While I was checking out one of the ladies at the front desk (that checked me in) came up to me and apologized for the other lady walking in the room then she proceeded to say she didn't show in the system where I had a late check-out. I responded by telling her she was one of the people that approved it...then she remembered and said she neglected to put it in the system and again apologized. Wow!!

Comfort: the bed was very comfortable and the shower was very relaxing.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CHARISSE J
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The room was a little too small for a Queen bed (!). Room had a funky smell which might have been cleaning solution or the leftover aroma of a Curry dish.
The 'grab and go' breakfast wasn't expected to be much and yet still managed to fall short of expectations.
On a positive note, we left a couple of bags in the room when we checked out and the front desk promptly called us back before we had left town.

Room Tip: I have had a couple of deals through hotwire that were very satisfying and others that were disappointing. This stay was disappointing because of the small room, the meager breakfast and the overall experience at the hotel. I know you get what you pay for, but I always hope that by using Hotwire and similar websites I'll get a good price and a great room. Not this time.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us.We appreciate the kind comments about our staff; however, we apologize that your experience was not satisfactory. I am sorry to hear of the odors in your room. We have shared your comments with our team will continually work to improve our hotel. I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at cpl@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I wrote a review in Mar 2012, and I am still here for business travel. Many things have changed -- for the better, and things were good before! Exterior painted and new signage, upgrades on laundry facilities and more. So, the hotel is doing well. What I did not mention was location, location, location: very convenient for Magic Mountain, auto shows (there were 30 corvettes in the parking lot last night) along with walking distance to Target and Panera with Cabelas, Polaris Fashion Mall, and Costco nearby. People also stay here for the annual Arnold Schwarzeneggar Sports Event due to easy freeway access.
@Reviewer below who asked about "when will it be clean" ... I have to mention: that is about some of the customers who come through, not the staff. This Extended Stay America is cleaned top to bottom daily and in rooms regularly, even by request, if desired.
At 19 months onsite (and counting), I have been pleased with the overall service. Oh, and new flat screen TVs!

Room Tip: The swimming pool is seasonal outside (which is better in my opinion). No restaurant internal, however Marcela's, Cheesecake Factory, Wendy's next door, Max and Ermas's, Panera ... many walking distance choices. On sleep quality, that's my issue I am an insomniac ... FYI Giant Eagle and Walmart are 24 hours.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business