WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #77 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Clean and cheap”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

No frills (no maid service either) but good value. Clean room but check in took a LONG time (30 min or more). Staff tried to be helpful when I asked for something but they seemed to be over worked. Close to where I needed to go and good access to highway. Not bad if you are on a budget.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that we were conveniently located during your travels and that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I do apologize for the delay involved with your check in, we have new staff working our front desk. We will work on getting new staff members more experience and training so your future stays will be faster and smoother upon check in. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
TOLEDO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Bumps: check-in process was very long and was charged to go from queen to king (which was previously requested), the security latch was broken and laying on the desk, the iron in the room had red crutty stuff coming from it that wasn't noticed until it was on our clothing, asked for late check-out during check-in and it was approved by both people at the front desk...next morning got knocks at the door two times by two different people in housekeeping. I told the 1st lady that I had a late check-out and she responded very nasty/rude asking if I was sure and until when. As for the 2nd person, before I could get to the door she walked in on me (not all the way dressed). While I was checking out one of the ladies at the front desk (that checked me in) came up to me and apologized for the other lady walking in the room then she proceeded to say she didn't show in the system where I had a late check-out. I responded by telling her she was one of the people that approved it...then she remembered and said she neglected to put it in the system and again apologized. Wow!!

Comfort: the bed was very comfortable and the shower was very relaxing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CHARISSE J
Tyler, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

The room was a little too small for a Queen bed (!). Room had a funky smell which might have been cleaning solution or the leftover aroma of a Curry dish.
The 'grab and go' breakfast wasn't expected to be much and yet still managed to fall short of expectations.
On a positive note, we left a couple of bags in the room when we checked out and the front desk promptly called us back before we had left town.

Room Tip: I have had a couple of deals through hotwire that were very satisfying and others that were disappoi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us.We appreciate the kind comments about our staff; however, we apologize that your experience was not satisfactory. I am sorry to hear of the odors in your room. We have shared your comments with our team will continually work to improve our hotel. I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at cpl@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I wrote a review in Mar 2012, and I am still here for business travel. Many things have changed -- for the better, and things were good before! Exterior painted and new signage, upgrades on laundry facilities and more. So, the hotel is doing well. What I did not mention was location, location, location: very convenient for Magic Mountain, auto shows (there were 30 corvettes in the parking lot last night) along with walking distance to Target and Panera with Cabelas, Polaris Fashion Mall, and Costco nearby. People also stay here for the annual Arnold Schwarzeneggar Sports Event due to easy freeway access.
@Reviewer below who asked about "when will it be clean" ... I have to mention: that is about some of the customers who come through, not the staff. This Extended Stay America is cleaned top to bottom daily and in rooms regularly, even by request, if desired.
At 19 months onsite (and counting), I have been pleased with the overall service. Oh, and new flat screen TVs!

Room Tip: The swimming pool is seasonal outside (which is better in my opinion). No restaurant internal, howe...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Butler, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Found this hotel with Hotwire. Wasn't sure about the booking after notified that was the hotel I booked. Had a girls weekend planned. We were pleasantly surprised with our stay. While not the Sheraton, or not have as many anemities of other hotels, it was definetly a nice, reasonable place to stay. We would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was my first time to stay at Extended Stay America and I loved it. Room ambience was superb, kitchen and fridge plus cooking pans in the room, couch/bed for a third person. Location was near everything I needed:highway for quick exit and entry, malls for grocery and window-shopping..my wife and daughter loved it too.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the center court are more quieter and second floor best positioned for easy entry and e...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Samson - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a fantastic review of our hotel. It's great to hear that our hotel met the needs of you and your family so well. We thank you for your additional comments about your room and the amenities we offer. These comments are of great value to future guests of our location.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon!
Mount Forest, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

This was my second stay here. First one was not too bad as I understood it was more a long stay hotel. Hence the extended part of the Hotels name.
However on this stay things were terrible. First the room had these small bugs in the bathroom. I was only staying one night so never called down to reception.
Second this room could have used a major make over. It was worn and dated 10 times worse than the room I had previously.
Doubt I would try to save a few dollars by staying here again in the future.
Oh and what they put out in the morning I would not classify as "Breakfast".

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Gerald - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your most recent stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. In response, I have met with our housekeeping team to review proper cleanliness standards and am working with the maintenance team to repair items in guest rooms as needed.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Feedback such as yours is imperative for our home office to help identify hotels in need of improvement. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at CPL@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Candlewood Suites Polaris
Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris
Residence Inn Columbus Polaris
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris
Extended Stay America - Columbus - Worthington

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris? Share your experiences!