“Nice interior” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Ohio
“Nice interior”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Nice interior rooms: carpeting bathrooms bedding and furniture EXCEPT all desks are beat up and need to go! This place is quiet between rooms but you can hear people in hall like when the stupid middle eastern man made his smoke alarm go off at 845 and Instead of opening windows he opened his door so WE COUKD CONTINUOSLY HEAR him yelling fire and running up and down the hallway. What a *%#@. If you are going to be in the USA get a handbook on how to act! So of course couldn't go backt o sleep! the pullout couch bed is very thin and hard and shoots metal up your ***! but the ac heat fan is loud so I can sleep since I'm used to noise. The parking is a major problem. These people with these BUSES need to learn how to drive an not take up two spots. I counted 12 wasted spots that Someone could have occupied. So we had to park by the pool door and even though the outer door was close we had to trek a long way inside! Hotels like this with limited parking should charge people extra If they park in two spots. It's ridick! Next time I'm parking in the handicap because of how insane I will mentally be after dealing with this parking.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Materialgrl
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Polaris. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.
Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you mentioning the pull out sofa and the parking inconvenience to take corrective action. Thank you again, and we hope that you will give us another opportunity the next time you are in the Columbus area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fulton, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Just back from 5 weeks at this hotel. The fantastic staff made it much less lonely. They were all friendly and very helpful. Rooms were cleaned once a week, needed extra towels, sheets, etc were availble at front desk. Full sized refrigerator-freezer, two burner stove, microwave and dishwasher were in kitchen area. Also provided were cutlery, dishes, pots.
Unusual feature - first hotel with cooking facilities I have ever stayed at that provided a mini breakfast bar. Bagels, muffins, waffles (some mornings) and fresh fruit were vailable as well as 3 blends of coffee. It worked well for me - I left for work at 6AM, way too early to eat. Threw a bagel and some cream cheese in my purse and ate it at about 8AM.
All in all, a great hotel experience. Only two complaints. One, the bed was not kind to my sore back. I understand the hotel is replacing the mattresses. Two, the TV lineup. Almost 1/3 of stations were various ESPN stations. The Weather Channel did not provide local weather and there was no program guide.
The location was great. Near restaurants, the Polaris Mall and a major North-South highway. Would I stay there again? You bet!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MsEnroller
Thank you for writing a positive review of your recent stay at our Polaris location. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff providing your home away from home. We continually poll our guests on their preferences for television channels, and use this feedback to choose programming that is most likely to satisfy. Although we strive to provide our guests with a great selection of viewing opportunities, we understand that you were looking for more. Rest assured that your feedback is very valuable to us and will be used in making future decisions. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at cpl@extendedstay.com. Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again during your travels to Columbus, Ohio.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I ended up staying here in August when my husband and I stay was cut short at another extended stay in Columbus. I have to say that I was very happy with they stay here. The staff was very helpful and I thought it was very quiet at night. The area has a lot of shops and the hotel itself is clean. The rooms were very clean and the made sure the hotel lobby was clean. Also included some grab and go breakfast items.

My only complaint is that they could make the cable channels better. I would recommend the stay here to anybody that comes to town. I had no problems staying here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roz4567
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to write a review on your recent stay at our Polaris location. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay from the helpfulness of our staff, overall cleanliness, and the great location of our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to us at cpl@extendedstay.com. We look forward to seeing you again on your future travels to the Columbus area.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed at the extended stay in Columbus for 2 nights October 2012, We stayed in the 2 queen room with sofabed. Although they only had a smoking room left, they gave us an excellent air freshener that did the job. The room was nice, clean and spacious. Staff went above and beyond to make our stay a good one, answering any questions that we had with a friendly no problem attitude (thank you Carly and Jade). Complimentary breakfast was good with fresh coffee. juice, hot water for tea, and fresh bagels and muffins which the kids loved.

Haven't anything negative to say about our stay - overall enjoyable, especially being directly across from shopping mall and good restaurants!

Room Tip: Our group had 3 rooms in total - 2 queen with sofa and the king - all were nice, clean and spacious.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Poolsadie
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you so very much for your nice review of our Columbus Polaris location. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. Our entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, so it is so rewarding to hear of the efforts of Carly and Jade providing a home away from home experience. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs brings you back to the Columbus area.
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed at this location after getting a deal on Hotwire, so all I knew going in was that it was 2 1/2 stars and in the Polaris area. It was not the most luxurious or fancy schmancy place I've ever stayed, but overall, especially considering the great deal we got, I was very satisfied - would stay there again.

Details:
* Room was clean.
* Complimentary wifi worked great.
* There was a small kitchen (complete with 2-burner stove, microwave, dishwasher, and fridge).
* Bed was comfortable - I slept well.
* There was a "deluxe coffee bar" in the morning with coffee, bagels/muffins, and fruit. Considering that the rooms had little kitchens, I expected to be on my own for breakfast, so although it wasn't fancy, it was more than I expected. :)
* There was a group of people staying on our floor - seemed like a construction crew or something similar. To be honest, I was a little concerned about noise, but I didn't hear anything from the neighboring rooms, so that was great.
* There were a couple of maintenance issues. The phone on the desk seemed like it had seen better days. The button to call the front desk didn't work. My sense was that it was just worn out. The phone by the bed worked fine. Also, there was a small leak in the pipes under the sink in the kitchen. Not a big deal for us - we weren't there for the kitchen - just mentioned it to the front desk person when we checked out.
* We stayed 2 nights. Because this is an extended stay place, there was no maid service between the 1st and 2nd nights. I prefer not to have someone in my room when I'm not there, so that was actually a bonus for me. There was a card in the room explaining the cleaning schedule, including an optional "daily refresh" service (for a small fee). We didn't take advantage of that, so I can't speak to the details - just wanted to mention that if you do want something closer to a traditional hotel experience, it seems like it's available.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PassinThru09
Manager-TOH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to write a review of Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Polaris. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. I appreciate you bringing to our attention the maintenance items regarding the telephone and the small leak under the kitchen sink to prevent from reoccurring.
Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area.
Bayfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My first thing to do when getting our room was to remove the dirty foul shower curtain, place it in a plastic bag and take it to the front desk. They supplied me with a clean shower curtain that I installed. I then went back down and asked for some cleaning spray as the room was dirty. They again gave me the spray and I cleaned the room. It was quite evident that it had not been cleaned as there was oil from someone's head on the head board of the bed and the floors still had dirt from the previous visitor. If you are a worker in the area and need a place to stay this might be what you want. On Friday night it was an eye opener when there were a couple of questionable females smoking at the rear entrance and looking as if they were "working girls". I would never recommend this god forsaken hotel to anyone. Be aware!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Bayfield_ca
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disappointing, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Please understand that maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay with the overall room cleanliness. As well, we have security measures in place to ensure that our guests are safe at all times. We take your review very seriously and are looking into your remarks, making changes to our processes as needed.

Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Joe and Andrea were very friendly and helpful in getting us a room when we arrived a day early. This attitude continued thru out our stay. Rooms were clean, outdoor pool area is kept up very well.
Good coffee, fresh pot any time your ask, but poor selection of breakfast
Close to many resturants and all the shopping you could want.
Throughly enjoyed our stay, will return

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel during your family reunion. Our hotel is totally committed to great guest service and excellence, it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again for your future travels. As well, I will be sure to pass along your kind words about Andrea and Joe.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Candlewood Suites Polaris
Residence Inn Columbus Polaris
Cambria hotel & suites Columbus - Polaris
Four Points by Sheraton Columbus - Polaris
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris? Share your experiences!