Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris
  • Room Service
$164
$149
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgrab and gooatmeal packetssmall kitchenfull kitchenpolaris mallhome away from homequaker steak and lubemajor highwayplace to staylocation is greatroom was cleangreat shoppingqueen suitestayed nightsother hotelsunder constructionice machine
Reviewed July 2, 2012

While traveling through Ohio, we stayed here for one night. It was a pleasant suite with everything we needed. The employees were friendly and helpful, and the hotel was clean, both inside and out. The outdoor pool was a welcoming site, as most of the country was in the midst of record heat. After staying in some of the places that we have, I wanted to stay another night just to enjoy this hotel! Location was also Great! Every restaurant imaginable is close by, many within walking distance. That's a real plus if you arrive tired and don't want to get back into your car once again. Ladies, right across the street is the largest mall that I have ever been in! After many travel hours, it was great just to get out and walk.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Polaris. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us, and we hope to welcome you back again in the future. Thank you again!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

The queen room seemed small for this type of place, with the desk (and two high-quality desk-type chairs) doubling as dining table, but adequate. There was an wide upholstered chair that folds out into a narrow bed. An iron, ironing board, and hair dryer were provided, as was a small in-room safe. There were plenty of electrical outlets, although one duplex by the bed didn't work. (There was a quad next to it that was apparently intended to replace it, but the lamp was plugged into the dead duplex.)

They still have the usual in-outside-wall HVAC unit, but they have wired it up to a standard thermostat. It worked well, but the AC unit was very loud (and only has one speed) and the bed was only a foot away from it. The air blew directly across the bed, so that any uncovered skin on the side of the bed closest to it was practically flash-frozen when it kicked on.

Speaking of which, the items I put in the refrigerator (a nearly full-sized GE model) in the evening were almost frozen by morning. Upon investigating, I found that the refrigerator was set to its coldest setting. I suppose that I should have checked the setting before putting the items in, but so should the housekeeping staff.

The microwave display didn't work, and once turned on, the Stop/Cancel button didn't work either. I opened the door to stop it and then unplugged it. It wasn't a big deal for me, as I didn't try to use it until almost check-out time. But when I mentioned it to the front desk at check-out, they sounded like this was something that happened often.

There were notices posted on all the outside doors that they would be installing new flat-screen TVs in all the rooms next week, and that "Do Not Disturb" signs would be ignored during that project. That didn't seem like a customer-friendly way to handle that, but I can certainly see that it would be more efficient for them. Anyway, if you go after the end of June 2012, expect a flat-screen TV. There was already a DVD player in the room, which was nice.

The staff was very accommodating about my request for a 1 hour early check-in and 1/2 hour late check-out, and there was no charge for either. I did not explore the pool or fitness room, and there is no free breakfast on the weekend, so I can't comment on that either.

The location was great, just a couple of blocks from I-71 and within a block of several fast-food and casual dining restaurants, and just a few blocks from a huge assortment of stores and restaurants of all kinds.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

I would like to thank you not only for choosing to stay at our Extended Stay Deluxe property, but also for taking the time to write a review. Your candid feedback regarding your positive experience and negative experience is very much appreciated as we learn to address these type of issues to serve you better in the future. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and cared for, especially Ryan @ the front desk and Tammy in housekeeping. The only thing we were disappointed in was the exercise room. Just 1 each, eliptical, treadmill, stair stepper and stationary bike. No weights. The rooms are well equipped and spacious. Location is superb. Major mall within walking distance as well as lots of shopping, grocery store and restaurants of all price ranges. Would not hesitate to return in the future.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to overhead noise, try to get on the 3rd floor. Even though 3rd floor allows smoking, we did not have a problem with smoke odors.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Columbus - Polaris, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

CJ,
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write this review about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Columbus - Polaris. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We are also delighted to hear of the efforts extended by Ryan and Tammi. Please be assured that the appropriate management will be informed of your comments for quality recognition. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

That's what you'll experience in Polaris Extended Stay. I have lived with them for 6 months already and the rooms are spacious and well-kept. The manager and staff offer me every comfort and unwavering hospitality: I think that all of their customers are treated as valued guests. This is my choice for business and vacation stays in Columbus.

Room Tip: Great location, most rooms have little perks.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I want to let Travelers know that the Front Desk Team is Awesome.
They truly make you feel welcomed.
Housekeeping Staff is just Wonderful.
I'm here on business and whether you are are here for 2 weeks or 2 months
They give you 5 Star Service!
You can't beat the Price.
The Location is Great!
Polaris is Mall, Restaurants, Bars, its all here.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business