Super 8 Columbus West
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Travelocity
$159
$149
  • Breakfast included
$93
All reviewsroom was cleanhave stayed here many timesbreakfast barthe toilet seatoatmealextra pillowsstaff was friendly and helpfulup to datenight stayhard boiled eggsnon smokingthe air conditioningnice sizenice stayckconditionerfurnishings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 5, 2010

I was traveling cross-country with my children. This day was planned to be our longest driving day. We got caught in construction traffic, and I called the hotel to confirm that we were on our way, would be later than expected, and to ensure that our wheelchair accessible room was still available. The desk clerk assured us that our rooms were still available.

When we arrived at the hotel at about 8 pm, we learned that the hotel staff had rented our confirmed wheelchair accessible room to a non disabled traveler. After a great deal of arguing, many tears from my exhausted children, and intervention from an state attorney general office employee whose room was also given away, they contacted the traveler in the accessible room who was more than willing to move. That gentleman said that he neither asked for, or wanted the accessible room. Our two rooms ended up being on opposite ends of the hotel. The rooms were filthy and cockroaches were everywhere.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank ColoWheeler
Reviewed September 17, 2008

I live right by here. Power was out, we had no running water, therefore we elected a cheap place to stay until our power was back in a few days.
First, they lost our reservation, after waiting sometime, they got us a room, after harrassing us about living in the area and staying here. Even after we explained our situation, which we shouldn't have had to.
Our room was okay, but the lock the door did not work, even the GM tried later. They did not offer us another room.
We were doing laundry at this facility and had no detergent, I went to the front desk agent and asked if they sold detergent, he said yes. I asked how much, he said how many loads, I said 3. He then proceeded to pour out of a box of detergent, into small paper cups, some detergent. Then tried to barter the price with me, in front of other guests. He referred to them as Heroin, saying it looked like it and that he looked like he was selling and negotiating heroin. I flat out asked him, how much, he said how much would you like to pay sweetie. I said, most detergent at hotels are .50 a box or $1.00, he said keep thinking about it sweetie then helped the next guest while I had to stand and wait, quite embarrassed, but in need of detergent. He then came back to me and said well how much do you think its worth? I continued to say, $.50 he then said "$10.00, $3.00 per load and $1.00 for him." At this point I was so infuriated, but still needing detergent, I didn't argue and walked away (he already had my $10.00 from the beginning, before he negotiated, I thought he would just take the price out and give me change.) I walked off with the detergent and without my $10.00 embarrassed, infuriated and quite unsettled at the harrassment and pet name sweetie. The other guests looked horrified at what just happened. Not to mention the guy he was assisting inbetween our "negotiating" also had a "lost" reservation.
the GM only said he would take care of the employee and that he sold us detergent on his own and most likely pocketed the $10, because this hotel does not sell detergent. Though he did not offer us our $10 back.
I wanted to personally speak with him only to ease my mind that this establishment would not normally be this way, to receive an apology or at least a look of shock about what had occurred. Instead, (after we had checked out and moved to another hotel) I went to turn in my key and was greeted by another rude desk agent. All I said was "hello is the GM in?" and I get quick short answers in a grueling process of trying to resolve this. No is all I got in response, I said when will he be back? He comes and goes I was told. Never did she offer to help me instead. I told her that we had stayed the night last night and I had been falsely sold detergent, and that I wanted my $10.00 back. She looked baffled, which I figured, hence my request for the GM as I did not want to get into a discussion about our stay at the front desk. She kept digging in paperwork avoiding me, trying to make sense of what I wanted. I told her that I just wanted my $10 back, which I have no receipt for and was "sold" detergent for from last night. She then just gave me $10.00 in hopes I would go away, looking angry that I even spoke to her. I gave up trying to speak with anyone who could assist me further.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank bluefrog02
Reviewed July 6, 2008

I stayed for 1 night while traveling thru Ohio enroute to Kansas. As I said in the title, this place was more comfortable than my car, but not as clean. If you are looking strictly for low cost, then this is the place. There were no visible germs or bugs in the room, but I would not press my luck by checking with a UV light.

Bottom line - It didnt smell, the water worked, my car wasnt damaged in the parking lot. Overall, I'd give this place a Satisfactory, but I wouldnt have stayed here if my wife was with me.

Good luck.

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 12, 2008

We awoke around 11:00 pm with bedbugs crawling on us and biting us. Hotel would not refund or discount our room. They moved us to another room but who could sleep then? We had to go out in the middle of the night in an unfamiliar area to find a pharmacy to get cream to treat our bites. Hideous experience!!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank dilansmom
Reviewed October 4, 2007

Just returned from staying at the MicroTel located at exit 100 off 71, great hotel. We have stayed at most of the hotels at this exit. Son went to Ohio State and now lives in Columbus, so we visit regularly. Must say we may just stay here from now on. Room clean and smelled fresh. Like how there is a window seat in room. Small closet for your clothes. Plenty of parking. Great beds and hotel was quiet.Disliked the small bathroom counter, could of been wider. Also the bathroom door closed by itself. Hubby ran into the door in the middle of the night, maybe it was just our room. The wall mirror (headboard) by the beds alarmed me at first, but we got used to it.

Stayed: October 2007